ROUND 3: Sycamore at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

would lohen be considered a better player for Sycamore than what garza was? just wondering

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The results speak for theirself, Garza got his personal stats each week, which were more important, to him and some of his teammates, than winning. The team did not even have a winning record his senior year, despite having great talent. The leadership to produce a winning team just wasn't there.

Austin Lohin's strongest asset is his leadership ability. Yes, he is a great athlete, but his ability to build the entire team into having a winning attitude is what makes him and this years team special. He would trade stats any day for a team victory.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can guarantee garza would trade every personal stat he ever had for more wins, as would lohin. when garza was a junior, he had similar talent to lohins surrounding him and he put up phenomenal numbers, better than the ones the 5a mr football QB put up. his team then lost to a greenbrier bunch that went to the boro in the 2nd round in a game they should have won. dont get me wrong, i love both the guys and have played with both, but i would have to give garza my vote here, especially after seeing the things hes been doing in college. if he was 6'4 he could have went D1 easy.

Hey Big Country, how can someone from out-of-town get the game online

Sycamore War Eagles at Pearl-Cohn Firebirds (Quarterfinal Contest)

Just click on the microphone in the center of the page at around 6:40 on Friday Night and you'll hear the LIVE broadcast of this game. John Melton Jr. & Brad Causey will have the call from Nashville on WQSV :thumb:

i can guarantee garza would trade every personal stat he ever had for more wins, as would lohin. when garza was a junior, he had similar talent to lohins surrounding him and he put up phenomenal numbers, better than the ones the 5a mr football QB put up. his team then lost to a greenbrier bunch that went to the boro in the 2nd round in a game they should have won. dont get me wrong, i love both the guys and have played with both, but i would have to give garza my vote here, especially after seeing the things hes been doing in college. if he was 6'4 he could have went D1 easy.

Again, you mention personal numbers, the question was which has been a better quarterback at Sycamore. Most any one that has played the game of football, will tell you the most important aspect of a great quarterback is being the team leader, not matching a mr football's stats. Lohin makes everyone of his teammates bring out the best in theirself, that's fifty young men working together as a unit. Ask any coach in the state, what they prefer, a quarterback with great talent that thinks HE can take his team to victory, or a quarterback with talent that bonds the entire team into one unit. The quarterback position is about much more than one individual's performance on the field.

Let me start by saying that I had a BDP Dad in my office (I find people jobs) last week before their game and although I wished him luck, I told him I would be going to state to watch PC and I still feel that...

I am not pulling for either team because I am sure either team will represent 4-3A well (just watch the unsportsman like conduct) and can bring the State Title here in Middle TN...

Good Luck to both teams!

On a side note: taking "stabs" at Greenbrier or any other team whether they are in the "play-offs" or not seems more unclassy than someone not "choosing" who you think will win. And I never can understand one thing on here, are we all entitled to "opinions" or just a chosen few? :thumb:

Edited by getthatqb

Greenbrier[/url'>Cat2' post='826250773' date='Nov 14 2006 - 09:42 AM']

As for not posting...... ;) You first. ;)

Why would I stop posting when:

a.) I am only giving positive remarks about this game on both sides.

b.) I know and respect both head coaches involved in this contest.

c.) I live in the county which means that I am able to cheer for a team that is still alive in the playoffs.

Go wreck the Jo Byrns-Mt. Pleasant thread now :thumb:

Why would I stop posting when:

a.) I am only giving positive remarks about this game on both sides.

b.) I know and respect both head coaches involved in this contest.

c.) I live in the county which means that I am able to cheer for a team that is still alive in the playoffs.

Go wreck the Jo Byrns-Mt. Pleasant thread now ;)

SO, IN YOUR OPINION, you only have the right to post if you live in a county that still has a team playing, you know the coaches, and you think all of your posts are positive.Looks to me someone gave their opinion, and you didnt like it so you took a stab at them.Isnt this what you were complaining about 2 weeks ago because you thought someone slapped you in the face by calling you out.Hmmmmmmm

On a side note: Good luck to Sycamore this week, you have my support even though I dont live in your county or know your coaches.I'll take class over talent anyday,win or lose.We'll be in your stands Friday night.

Edited by titans89

Sycamore- 28

Pearl- 6

This is why, the Eagles are more disciplined, they I believe have better Coaching. Pearl will loose this game because they have yet to be hit by anyone in the playoffs. We tried and could not do it I admit that, but Sycamore I dont believe has the number of players out that we did last week. Sycamore will hit them and hit them hard. And the FIREBIRDS will not like it, and that is where the penalties and scuffles among teams will start. The only thing is I think whoever happends to win will LOOSE next week.

SO, IN YOUR OPINION, you only have the right to post if you live in a county that still has a team playing, you know the coaches, and you think all of your posts are positive.Looks to me someone gave their opinion, and you didnt like it so you took a stab at them.Isnt this what you were complaining about 2 weeks ago because you thought someone slapped you in the face by calling you out.Hmmmmmmm

On a side note: Good luck to Sycamore this week, you have my support even though I dont live in your county or know your coaches.I'll take class over talent anyday,win or lose.We'll be in your stands Friday night.

How come you and GreenbrierCat2 are always defending one another on here????

That's my last question to either one of you. Please post. In fact post all you like. I'll try to avoid any confrontation that could possibly overshadow this HUGE EVENT!!!!