ROUND 3: Sycamore at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

alright once again, i played with both garza and lohin for a number of years. i know just about every football related thing for both of them. lohin has a ton of heart, but id never say more than garza. at best about the same. i was in the lockerroom, and i know josh was a leader as well as austin. i do believe it was garzas SOPHOMORE year when he helped lead a team that should have at least gotten to the quarters if not further. imagine what he would have done if that was his senior year because he got a lot better every year he hasbeen playing. but again, let me reiterate, im not downing either. i love both the guys to death and theyre both phenomenal footballers. i hope for the best for each.

and im still taking sycamore by 3 friday. the kicking game is going to be a big factor, and sycamore definently has the edge there.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come you and GreenbrierCat2 are always defending one another on here????

That's my last question to either one of you. Please post. In fact post all you like. I'll try to avoid any confrontation that could possibly overshadow this HUGE EVENT!!!!

Not defending anyone, just pointing out YOU did the same thing that YOU complained about 2 weeks ago, but then you called it classless.So what does that make your post.Cat was just stating an opinion that YOU didnt like so YOU shot him down.If you dont want people doing it to you then I suggest you dont do it to them.As far as Cat goes I'll allow him to defend himself.

Also I'm making hard copies now to pass on to the moderators so that you cant go back and delete them when YOU get into trouble AGIAN.Have a nice day. :D

Go Sycamore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not defending anyone, just pointing out YOU did the same thing that YOU complained about 2 weeks ago, but then you called it classless.So what does that make your post.Cat was just stating an opinion that YOU didnt like so YOU shot him down.If you dont want people doing it to you then I suggest you dont do it to them.As far as Cat goes I'll allow him to defend himself.

Also I'm making hard copies now to pass on to the moderators so that you cant go back and delete them when YOU get into trouble AGIAN.Have a nice day. :o

Go Sycamore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay :P

Back to the Sycamore-Pearl Cohn game now :o

the title led me to believe that this discussion was about the pearl cohn-sycamore game; it has somehow led to a garza/lohin comparison.

back to the actual topic.

As a sycamore fan, i am believing in the boys. they are playing well and full of heart. they worked as a machine in that second half at Station Camp.

I totally respect Pearl Cohn and their renown football program

Let us hope that all stay safe in this quarterfinal matchup.

LET'S GO WAR EAGLES!

I don't see why GreenbrierCat2 can't seem to give either of these teams any credit. Both of these teams started their current win streaks with wins over what team????? THE GREENBRIER BOBCATS!!!! Sycamore beat them late on a play made by a guy I'll simply start referring to as #10. Pearl-Cohn beat them by shutting down the running game completely and running all over them at the same time. If you don't have anything positive to say about either of these two quarterfinalists then DON'T POST!!!! I can't recall Sycamore & Pearl-Cohn fans in the past getting on here while Greenbrier was playing in the state title game or in the state semifinals and simply clowning on their success. Show class and support your region representatives for the rest of the postseason and don't start saying how they're going to lose in next week's semifinal contest.

First off, if you take anything that Greenbrier & White House fans say to heart than you are just as dumb as they are. I truly do not intend that to be an insult towards you but those guys always find a flaw when their teams lose. White House fans scream about the coaching and benching the quarterback and how young they are. Greenbrier fans scream about teams being classless and jumping off sides and committing other penalties. GreenbrierCat2 said last week to a PC fan "did you figure out where the line of scirmmage was". Well to him I say that you guys must have lost track of it knocking their linemen 10-15 yards off of it every play at the snap of the football. When you have nearly 400 yards rushing to their 40 yards (on 40 carries by the way) then turn around and hold a 1,400 yard back to 14 yards on 12 carries then you are dominating the line of scrimmage. White House and Greenbrier fans can buy tickets to go watch Pearl-Cohn play after this week (they will be hosting Notre Dame in the second round of the state playoffs).

See, that's the thing about Coacht. When you talk so much you can't remember what you say, it's probably not a good idea to be preaching a sermon on "if you can't say something good, don't say anything at all."

My opinion still stands that while I wish 4-3A would make it to the state championship, I don't think the remaining two teams are solid enough to be able to compete with the teams like Fulton, or Knox Catholic.

I would say Lohin plays more like a linebacker at QB, so I don't like comparing him to that other QB at all. I think they are totally different players. Austin Lohin is just a tough, physical player who happens to play QB. He could play QB, HB, WR, LB, Saftey, or CB and be just as good at it. Some QB's are just QB's, but I think Lohin is a football player. If he decides to play college football I think he'd be recruited to play safety. Know one talks about it, but Austin Lohin is the hardest hitter on the team. He can really bring the lumber when he's playing in the secondary. This kid is just a great all-around football player and I can't compare any former QB to him.

I have mentioned the play of both QB's all week heading into this one as I should have done. I just looked over the numbers that both players have compiled all year and they are outstanding to say the least.

Austin Lohin (Sycamore): 71/138 Passing for 1,203 yards & 8TD's; 162 Rushes for 953 yards & 14TD's.

Deaunte Mason (Pearl-Cohn): 76/158 Passing for 1,239 yards & 14TD's; 92 Rushes for 694 yards & 14TD's.

Needless to say the numbers for both of these guys pretty much speaks for itself :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that two 1,000 yard rushers are overshadowed heading into this one but it seems that is the case. Matt Carrigan has had a great year, as has Deaveon Gregory, rushing the football.

Matt Carrigan (Sycamore): 255 Rushes for 1,322 yards & 14TD's (school record).

Deaveon Gregory (Pearl-Cohn): 144 Rushes for 1,021 yards & 10TD's.

There will be no shortage of talented players on the field in this one :rolleyes:

I have mentioned the play of both QB's all week heading into this one as I should have done. I just looked over the numbers that both players have compiled all year and they are outstanding to say the least.

Austin Lohin (Sycamore): 71/138 Passing for 1,203 yards & 8TD's; 162 Rushes for 953 yards & 14TD's.

Deaunte Mason (Pearl-Cohn): 76/158 Passing for 1,239 yards & 14TD's; 92 Rushes for 694 yards & 14TD's.

Needless to say the numbers for both of these guys pretty much speaks for itself :lol:

I find it hard to believe that two 1,000 yard rushers are overshadowed heading into this one but it seems that is the case. Matt Carrigan has had a great year, as has Deaveon Gregory, rushing the football.

Matt Carrigan (Sycamore): 255 Rushes for 1,322 yards & 14TD's (school record).

Deaveon Gregory (Pearl-Cohn): 144 Rushes for 1,021 yards & 10TD's.

There will be no shortage of talented players on the field in this one :thumb:

u know alot bout us catfish and after friday nite alot of haters goin to know who run it

pch.......we goin all the way this yr cuz we run it!

I'm trying to think of a better athlete they've played, and that makes me think even more that what I'm saying is not a stretch. Austin Lohin has not gotten much media attention, because Pearl and Station Camp have been the headliners all year in this region. I've watched all but a couple of their games this year (including the Pearl Cohn game), so I've seen a lot of talented players. Randall Toney from Station could be as good an athlete. Toney has a step on him, but I don't believe he's as strong, Mason is quick and taller but same story with the strength, so there has not been a better combination that I have seen of speed, quickness, strength, coordination, and explosiveness on the field. If you watch him get in the open field or (and this is something no one talks about much with Austin) watch him hit somebody from his safety position...you will see this guy is a special athlete. If you've seen him play basketball you know he's got serious hops. He plays both ways 4 quarters all as the team's QB for a very good reason: He is a tremendous athlete. Of course, this is just opinion, and I haven't seen every team every game all season.

Speaking as a Meigs County fan, he is BY FAR the best football players we have seen this year. The second best we saw this year just may be Carrigan. Sycamore has a heck of a one-two punch, they definately punched us pretty good. Good luck Sycamore, you guys are a class act.

And I don't see why BigCountry thinks his opinion is more important and classier than any one else's. Believe me, beating a team that is young and rebuilding, much less has numerous boys injured does not mean that they have a state championship team. Sycamore won by two, and Pearl Cohn shut us out, as well as beat Sycamore the first time around. With that, I'd say Pearl Cohn has the stronger team, but because they have so much discipline problems on the field with penalties, I don't see them making it to the end, neither do I see Sycamore getting there either. Fulton is convincingly a stronger team as they have shown for years. Dennis Rogan against Austin Lohin is not even a question, but I don't think we will see that matchup.

You are probably right that we won't see that matchup. I think it will be Knox Catholic vs. Sycamore. Everyone keeps saying Fulton but Catholic did BEAT them the first time around.

As for not posting...... :thumb: You first. :lol: