Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

It's no secret...you think Hampton will win.

I always try to be honest, and yes I do expect Hampton to win. I don't Think it will be easy, but I can't think of anything thats worth a crap that is. You haven't really given Hampton much respect going all the way back to last season. I think its five playoff games in a row to region 2 you have picked them to lose. Its time you realize, Hampton is pretty DOGgone good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shocker0

Not me, I thought you guys would beat Oneida and I figured the Harriman game would be close but it wasnt, so now I'm not going to predict, but if you guys beat Coalfield, the state championship won't be much harder to get to...and I know Hampton can beat Coalfield now, but I hope Coalfield will win.

Edited by Shocker0

Not me, I thought you guys would beat Oneida and I figured the Harriman game would be close but it wasnt, so now I'm not going to predict, but if you guys beat Coalfield, the state championship won't be much harder to get to...and I know Hampton can beat Coalfield now, but I hope Coalfield will win.

You are a good fan and I think you try to be honest, I've said certain things on here and you probably know what I'm talking about. Its going to take a great effort by Us or Coalfield the next week. If either of us can pull that one off and stay healthy, I believe we'll own the gold ball. If not us, I'm a big Coalfield fan. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COalfield is a Tough team they played well last against midway midway got a couple big plays against coalfield which made it look better than what it was a good game that Coalfield played, Now Hampton i was at the game last year they are very big and very physical but from what i heard Goins from hariman didnt play last night i dont know if this is true but if he didnt i can see why hampton beat them so bad, But good Luck to both Teams and may the best Team win!

we will definately need to keep an eye on brandon davis next week, he was very good last year and i look for him to be better this year on both sides of the ball. unfortunately i gavent got a chance to see coalfield play this year, what is their line like? it would be great to see adam come back this week and do what he does if he is ready but like pujo said we have the talent all over the field to win this game without townsend if we have to, it is going to be close, i'm going to say hampton wins 21-14. good luck

COalfield is a Tough team they played well last against midway midway got a couple big plays against coalfield which made it look better than what it was a good game that Coalfield played, Now Hampton i was at the game last year they are very big and very physical but from what i heard Goins from hariman didnt play last night i dont know if this is true but if he didnt i can see why hampton beat them so bad, But good Luck to both Teams and may the best Team win!

goins played most of the first quarter and was hurt when he was running the ball, it looked like his knee, but i'm not sure

goins played most of the first quarter and was hurt when he was running the ball, it looked like his knee, but i'm not sure

He had nothing to do with Hampton putting 42 on the board and the jvs getting to play in the 4th quarter. Way to go JVS, you even held you're own. Watch out for Hampton next season. This is going to be one big strong team.

He had nothing to do with Hampton putting 42 on the board and the jvs getting to play in the 4th quarter. Way to go JVS, you even held you're own. Watch out for Hampton next season. This is going to be one big strong team.

Now your getting arogant. No, he didn't have anything to do with Hampton getting 42, but sure as heck had something to do with Harriman only getting 7. Goins is one of the most dynamic and explosive players in Region 1 OR 2, and to say the game would be no differant with or without him is ignorant... I don't think they woulda won, but with Goins in the game would have been alot closer. And it would have helped Harriman as well if they had a decent coaching staff.

i agree pujo it would have still been a one sided victory for the dogs, harriman might been able to put one or two more td's on the board but it would have still been a blow out. our line looked great last night and everybody played well. the jv did look good. hampton should have a good team again next year. i hope harrimans qb is alright, i hate to see that happen to anybody. i heard that he had a few colleges interested in him.

"One thing to remember is that Hampton has never won a playoff game on the road."

Pujo, That quote is definately motivational bulletin board material!

This years team has only played 4 games at home, with the exception of the post season play. We should be acclimated to the road trips this year more than ever, but I'd like to see that phrase on a large banner in the locker room. Give em a little something extra to shoot for.

The dogs defense has looked AWESOME lately, especially inside the red zone. The D has only given up 7 points in the last two games combined, (We gave Onieda two with the botched punt snap) that is about as good as it gets right there. If that type of effort continues to be the norm from our defense, we should be able to beat Coalfield, or anyone else without Adam.

Excellent team effort from the WHOLE TEAM, for the ENTIRE GAME last night!!!!!!

We will know by mid week if Adam will be ready! He's determined to be there.

Get er done!

Edited by TwoFive'sBro

Hampton will try and run over Coalfield, that’s how they always have played and will try to do that Friday night. Coalfield keys to winning are Johnny Hill, Steven Gunter, & Melton. I think they will have to complete a lot of passes to beat Hampton, I don’t think coalfield can line up and run right over them like they have every one else. Davis has big night on Defense and the Gunter/Melton combination has “HUGE” night! Hampton stuffs the run early and is a close game. Then Coalfield finds the combination.

Coalfield 27

Hampton 21

:thumb: