Giles County@David Lipscomb

coach5

That is just obsurd. This is the playoffs... Whoever wins, it won't be by 5 touchdowns. A well coached team doesn't come into a playoff game unprepared, especially when your only loss of the season is to that very team. :rolleyes: That was a prediction that wasn't very well thought out and I actually felt dumber after reading it.

i agree completly. this is the third round. that margin of victory does nto really exist this late into the playoffs. this one will be close. both offenses are explosive. this one i believe will come down to who will have the better defense

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb takes this one much easier than last time

Lipscomb 35

Giles 0

Good luck from your cross town rivals :D

I will be really surprised if the game goes like you predict. David Lipscomb should be picked to win. They are the home team & won the first meeting...not to mention that they are a perennial power and routinely make it to the state championship game.

When you look back at the first game, the 28-3 score looks more like domination than the way the game was actually played. GC had two critical fumbles (one for a TD and one on the 20 going in). GC freshmen QB actually played really well so I don't know if Dunavant will make a huge difference unless it is with his running ability. GC's redzone failures or DL's redzone stands were also key.

Having said all this, my keys to victory for GC are the same I gave to Spring Hill (or any team that plays Lipscomb for that matter). You have to contain their machine of an offense. Their defense is good, so won't get several touchdowns but you can get one or two. However, you their offensive tempo and scheme is outstanding. They keep coming play after play and have counters to everything you do defensivley. Also, once they get on you...the touchdowns begin to come in bunches. You have to make them snap the ball several times each drive. DL is disciplined enough to win this way too, but at least it doesn't become a high scoring affair, because you won't score 40 on Lipscomb (or 30 for that matter).

After the big win in Jacksonm, Giles County comes to Nashville for a rematch. Lipscomb won the first one but you have to take into account that Giles County came into it with freshman qb in hsi very first varsety start and Sam edgemon only 75% healthy. Now, coaching is going to be the obvious factor along with defense. We just can't let them have big plays like last time. You take those big plays out of the equation and you might've had a totally different ball game. Lipscomb is Lipscomb and you have to respect those guys, but I don't think they've faced any adversity this whole season. We play our best with our backs against the wall, and let character overcome the hurdles. I think if our defense plays its best game of the year and we give them all they want offensively, we put ourselves in a good position to come back to Pulaski with a W.

Go GC!

With lipscomb's high powered offense and a defense not to be reckoned with, it will be a tough game but lipscomb will pull it out at the end. the main key in this game will be the lipscomb SQUIB game led by the infamous #31. Teams struggle to shut him down. He is a dedicated worker and the true leader of their football team. Next year, it will be a detrimental loss to lipscomb's high powered squib game. im a die-hard spring hill fan, we couldnt stop him either time we faced him. good luck in trying to contain these kicks. they've been known to give a couple of facials( if you know what i mean). watch out for us next year. we will make a comeback. GOO RAIDERS!!!!

lipscomb needs to set up some more bleachers before friday with the band coming and all the fans where will everybody sit we will probably have more fans than lipscomb.by the way whats up with the bag pipes?

I have answers to both of your questions. First, you may sit in the stands unless they fill up, in which case you will need to stand which is not uncommon at high school football games across america. Second and much more importantly the bagpipes are a tribute to scottish heritage. Now, david lipscomb himself was not scottish but Coach mccadadms great grandfather seamus mccadams was born in ireland which is near to scotland, hence the bagpipes. The bagpipe tradition in scotland was used to mourn the dead after battle, the bagpipes used in DL are used before battle to kill the concentration of the opponents. Another scottish tradition would be eating hagas which after being digested sounds very much like the bagpipe used at DL games. I hope this info helps with your decision about whether or not to bring ear muffs and a seat warmer to the game on Friday.

.......by the way whats up with the bag pipes?

The bagpipes are a Lipscomb tradition dating back more than a thousand years. Glen MacAdams is scottish as is the Lipscomb family and the bagpipes played a big role in the Battle of the Auchard back around 900 AD. This was historically significant because it was the first battle primairly determined by club wielding victors mounted on war ponies. The scottish clan rode McMustangs. The MacAdams and the McLipscomb clans were in a heated battle with the hated Saxons. As the battle raged, a thick fog enveloped the battlefield. The only way the Scotsmen knew which way to charge on their McMustangs was the haunting and mystical sound of the scottish bagpiper. The Mustangs have had the bagpipes play prior to each battle henceforth. Surprised you didn't study this in school.

The bagpipes are a Lipscomb tradition dating back more than a thousand years. Glen MacAdams is scottish as is the Lipscomb family and the bagpipes played a big role in the Battle of the Auchard back around 900 AD. This was historically significant because it was the first battle primairly determined by club wielding victors mounted on war ponies. The scottish clan rode McMustangs. The MacAdams and the McLipscomb clans were in a heated battle with the hated Saxons. As the battle raged, a thick fog enveloped the battlefield. The only way the Scotsmen knew which way to charge on their McMustangs was the haunting and mystical sound of the scottish bagpiper. The Mustangs have had the bagpipes play prior to each battle henceforth. Surprised you didn't study this in school.

If they arrive before kickoff, Giles County fans should find plenty of seats on the home side. The Lipscomb crowd will start to settle in about 7:05. Many of them had to stand last year when Lexington took over the home bleachers.

As for the bagpipes, Coach McCadams' famous ancestors were twin brothers, Angus and Shamus McCadams. They were the cavalry platoon leaders who served as the right and left hand men of William Wallace in the famous battle at Old McDonalds farm.

One relevant question for all of the Lipscomb fans who will arrive late this week. When you get to the stadium after kickoff and try to work your way to the seat in the middle of the aisle, should you go down the row facing the field or facing the pressbox? I am always uncomfortable when I face this. If I face the field, then I could be exposing my rear to a whole family. The other way could be even worse. What is the proper way to make your way down the row? Serious answers will be appreciated.

Edited by TedLNancy

Though the preceding posts may be interesting, I hold the key to the true nature of the bagpipes. List now and join me on a mystical journey over the rainbow to find the pot o' gold...

Back in the days of David Lipscomb's Butter Bowl dominance, one rainy Friday, the Mustangs were walking the field before the game. Some of the players noticed a rainbow which seemed to fade into the North endzone, then something odd happened. Legends of the time tell the story that they heard the wondrous sound of bagpipes and a leprechaun of the rare Scottish Leprechaun Contingent appeared on the field. The Lipscomb players were befuddled to say the least. With the aid of their leprechaun friend, the Mustangs won the game in a dominant fashion.

Lipscomb coaches and players determined that the leprechaun must have been drawn to the gold helmets of the Mustangs of the time. However, as time passed, the tales of the leprechaun grew less and less believable. When the Mustangs removed the last hint of gold from their helmets, the leprechaun nation ceased to provide any support to the Mustangs. The team began to notice that their lucky charms could no longer be felt in the Reese Smith Athletic Complex.

In nineteen hundred and eighty-eight, the team, sporting their solid purple helmets, came together to decide how best to get the leprechauns back. They refused to bring back the golden helmets, but decided to try to sway the leprechauns back with a little taste of home: bagpipes. Prior to every game, the hum of the bagpipes resounds throughout the stadium, and a few Lipscomb faithful casually look around in hopes of seeing that little man in the green trousers back to once again watch the Lipscomb Mustangs, his Lipscomb Mustangs.