RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, I don't keep up with AAAAA football, but how does a team beat someone 49-0 and then lose to them? Over confidence or improved Smyrna?

Definitely an improved Smyrna Bulldogs. They were an entire different team tonight than a month ago.

Huge CONGRATS to Coach Shadowens. No one thought you could do it but you did and proved them wrong.

Definitely an improved Smyrna Bulldogs. They were an entire different team tonight than a month ago.

Huge CONGRATS to Coach Shadowens. No one thought you could do it but you did and proved them wrong.

Congrats from Waverly. Use this as motivation in the next game. Enjoy it tonight and this week end, but get back to work Monday.

The Bulldogs just wanted this more. I've said it before, and I say it again.........you better be able to pass in November to win, and Riverdale is so one-dimensional, its crazy. I love Coach Aydelott, but he better join the club and bring his offense into the 21 Century. Smyrna just keyed on the Jet Sweep and stayed home on the Counter O series and just frustrated Riverdale. Smyrna blew some opportunities and accomplished this on a night where Sonny didn't have his A game, Rod was struggling with an injury, an OLB got hurt bad, and when Horsford had an uncharacteristicly bad night kicking the ball. They missed two scoring opportunities in the red zone early, yet persevered.

To answer the question from the guy not familiar with AAAAA football not understanding the 51 point swing between the two meetings, it is really simple. Riverdale was in Smyrna's head for years. Most of those years, Riverdale had the better team with better players, but this year is different. The Bulldogs just got psyched out in the first meeting. Smyrna has some great talent. Maceo should play at the next level, Antoine can play at the next level, Rod WILL play at the next level, Sonny will be pitching in the majors in about 5 years, Shadrake is a player that somebody should take a look at, and Crouch, I mean what can you say, the boy is a str8 baller.

I think all Bulldog players and fans will agree, the best play of the season was by whoever convinced Shad to let Crouch back on the team. He has made the most of his second chance and I congratulate him. I knew he would bounce back, he's just that type of kid.

Congrats Bulldogs.......I do some business in Chattanooga and have seen Ooltewah once and they can be beaten. Smyrna has more raw talent, but you still got to bring it.

The Bulldogs just wanted this more. I've said it before, and I say it again.........you better be able to pass in November to win, and Riverdale is so one-dimensional, its crazy. I love Coach Aydelott, but he better join the club and bring his offense into the 21 Century. Smyrna just keyed on the Jet Sweep and stayed home on the Counter O series and just frustrated Riverdale. Smyrna blew some opportunities and accomplished this on a night where Sonny didn't have his A game, Rod was struggling with an injury, an OLB got hurt bad, and when Horsford had an uncharacteristicly bad night kicking the ball. They missed two scoring opportunities in the red zone early, yet persevered.

To answer the question from the guy not familiar with AAAAA football not understanding the 51 point swing between the two meetings, it is really simple. Riverdale was in Smyrna's head for years. Most of those years, Riverdale had the better team with better players, but this year is different. The Bulldogs just got psyched out in the first meeting. Smyrna has some great talent. Maceo should play at the next level, Antoine can play at the next level, Rod WILL play at the next level, Sonny will be pitching in the majors in about 5 years, Shadrake is a player that somebody should take a look at, and Crouch, I mean what can you say, the boy is a str8 baller.

I think all Bulldog players and fans will agree, the best play of the season was by whoever convinced Shad to let Crouch back on the team. He has made the most of his second chance and I congratulate him. I knew he would bounce back, he's just that type of kid.

Congrats Bulldogs.......I do some business in Chattanooga and have seen Ooltewah once and they can be beaten. Smyrna has more raw talent, but you still got to bring it.

Rod will likely be playing in the SEC, I know of a couple of schools including one locally that has already offered. Sonny might also be pitching in the SEC. James Williams will be playing in the SEC next year.

Maceo and Hendricks have talent that should get more looks than they've probably gotten and if Shadrake was just a bit taller he would have a number of D1A teams looking at him and the same thing could probably be said for Crouch.

Smyrna has a talented team and it looks like they are coming together at the right time. The game next week should be electric.

Every1 in Smyrna and all Smyrna fans everywhere that couldn't be at the game tonight are feeling total nirvana right now. The highest of all highs. The best feeling I have ever felt in my life. It's like a dream that will never die.

This game was like a personal championship win for Smyrna. I don't know how it could get better than this. I know most people who aren't familiar with this rivalry don't understand how much this game meant to us and how it could mean more to us than any other game. I'm sure Lavergne and Oakland fans know what that feeling is like when Lavergne beat us that one time and Oakland beat R'dale back in the 90's.

Someone pinch me.