All the way to state 1A

getrdone

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC vs. FC is nowhere near UT vs. UA. B) Historically, TC would mop the field with FC. The past few years, however, FC has come on strong and had really good teams, and I really do believe they're here to stay. But until FC gets a few gold balls under their belt (no pun intended B) ), they're not among the state's "elite" 1A programs.

I concur

sorry but you do not seem to understand the rivalry between TC and FCS. i dont care who has a down year, whenever those two teams play, it's going to be close. it's just like alabama and UT. the game is always going to be close.

we dont think that we're going to roll over temple. we know that we're going to have to play hard and our boys never think they have a game won. unless of couse they're playing mjca or red boilings.

and you said that temple scored 33 pts on a team we only scored 14 on... i'm assuming you werent at the game b/c at half time it should have been 28-0. we fumbled on the 1 yd line. oh, and also. TC scored 32 pts on you.... so what exactly is your point? we held them to seven pts which came towards the end. you're not intimidating anyone.

My point is exactly, that it appeared in your earlier post that you thought that now that Trousdale was out of the picture, there were no other obstacles in your path to winning the championship. I just wanted to make sure that you realize that Temple will give you another good fight this Friday.

We can talk all day about what could have been in relation to the score. Temple can say the same thing about the game against Trousdale. In my opinion, Temple should have scored about 3 more touchdowns than they did. TC's defense did a good job and we made some bad decisions. We know that FCS is going to put numbers on the board but the question that remains to be answered is can FCS keep Temple from putting up more than they do.

I understand rivalries and I get what you are saying. I just want to issue a word of caution to overlooking Temple. I suspect that many teams this season overlooked Temple and suffered the consequences. There were many games we were not favored to win, including Trousdale.

As it always will be the game will be decided on the field Friday night. FCS will run the ball just like Hartsville did. They will pass when needed. We haven't faced a passing team like Temple yet to date but I'll put our defense up against anyone in 1A.....The key to the game will be getting to #14 before he can set up to pass and still keeping an eye out for the bull #44.......Mitchell and Tetter will be in your backfield all night long.

And Doak, Stephens, Boyd, and Alsup will be waiting for their picks!

sorry but you do not seem to understand the rivalry between TC and FCS. i dont care who has a down year, whenever those two teams play, it's going to be close. it's just like alabama and UT. the game is always going to be close.

we dont think that we're going to roll over temple. we know that we're going to have to play hard and our boys never think they have a game won. unless of couse they're playing mjca or red boilings.

and you said that temple scored 33 pts on a team we only scored 14 on... i'm assuming you werent at the game b/c at half time it should have been 28-0. we fumbled on the 1 yd line. oh, and also. TC scored 32 pts on you.... so what exactly is your point? we held them to seven pts which came towards the end. you're not intimidating anyone.

i will say that temple was inside the 15 yard line 4 times and didnt get it in the endzone. we just didnt have it together and was a little intimidated from last year but in the second half we got over it but almost to late.

TC vs. FC is nowhere near UT vs. UA. :thumb: Historically, TC would mop the field with FC. The past few years, however, FC has come on strong and had really good teams, and I really do believe they're here to stay. But until FC gets a few gold balls under their belt (no pun intended :lol: ), they're not among the state's "elite" 1A programs.

i was only trying to show that now TC is back and FC is doing well that they have a rivalry going on. i no that it's not the same thing as UT and UA... just trying to make a point of the scores being close and extremely hard to beat someone twice in one year. sorry for making a bad comparison. i know for a fact FCS is not overlooking Temple. look at how many points TT has put up this year. they have an outstanding offense w/ some big playmakers and that has been stressed to the FC boys i'm sure. they're practicing long and hard.

Edited by football963

My point is exactly, that it appeared in your earlier post that you thought that now that Trousdale was out of the picture, there were no other obstacles in your path to winning the championship. I just wanted to make sure that you realize that Temple will give you another good fight this Friday.

We can talk all day about what could have been in relation to the score. Temple can say the same thing about the game against Trousdale. In my opinion, Temple should have scored about 3 more touchdowns than they did. TC's defense did a good job and we made some bad decisions. We know that FCS is going to put numbers on the board but the question that remains to be answered is can FCS keep Temple from putting up more than they do.

I understand rivalries and I get what you are saying. I just want to issue a word of caution to overlooking Temple. I suspect that many teams this season overlooked Temple and suffered the consequences. There were many games we were not favored to win, including Trousdale.

Actually, 75% picked Temple in the big ones contest, so how can you TC was the favorite.

It sounds like you think that Temple is not a threat to your goal of winning the State. How is it that you have no respect (or fear) for the team that scored 32 points against a defense that you only scored 14 against?

You are in for a big surprise if you think that you will have an easy road now that Trousdale is out of the picture. You still have to get through Temple and I can assure you that task is going to be a little more difficult than you seem to be thinking.

Temple did not play their A+ game and I can assure you that if they bring their A+ game this Friday night, you will be driving home after the game trying to figure out what just happened, and all your championship dreams in a cardboard box ready for storage until next year's season.

Always two side to a coin. Your offense scored 32 points against a TC defense that only allowed FCS to score 14. That is correct. But there is anotehr way to look at it. Your defense allowed TC offense to score 31 points and FCS defense led my Mr. Football linebacker candidate (Mitchell) and state interception leader (Doke) only allowed them to score 7. So I guess it is all how you look at it. Either way it will be a great game. Also FCS kicking game is solid with Bo Baker kicking extra points, field goals and kick offs and Mitchell punting so that might end up being the difference in what I predict to be anotehr close ball game. Good luck to both teams.

i was only trying to show that now TC is back and FC is doing well that they have a rivalry going on. i no that it's not the same thing as UT and UA... just trying to make a point of the scores being close and extremely hard to beat someone twice in one year. sorry for making a bad comparison. i know for a fact FCS is not overlooking Temple. look at how many points TT has put up this year. they have an outstanding offense w/ some big playmakers and that has been stressed to the FC boys i'm sure. they're practicing long and hard.

I'll agree there. I expect a barn burner here. I don't think either team is doing any overlooking :lol:

Slick Rick says Friendship will win the state if they beat Slick Rick's Crusaders on Friday. Slick Rick is hoping Friendship is overlooking Slick Rick's Crusaders. Slick Rick's Crusaders are trying to work hard, but today could be a wash with the weather being so bad. Slick Rick noticed that Friendship had a very spirited practice yesterday. Slick Rick is not going to practice again today because of the forecast. Slick Rick's Crusaders are going to have to play almost perfect from what Slick Rick witnessed yesterday. Slick Rick was impressed with the mechanics of Friendship's QB. That kid doesn't get as much press as he should. The TE (Teeter) #18 I believe is also a very fine looking prospect. From what Slick Rick saw, it will be tough. Slick Rick is informing Coach Skogen on some things to prepare for this week.

Slick Rick says Friendship will win the state if they beat Slick Rick's Crusaders on Friday. Slick Rick is hoping Friendship is overlooking Slick Rick's Crusaders. Slick Rick's Crusaders are trying to work hard, but today could be a wash with the weather being so bad. Slick Rick noticed that Friendship had a very spirited practice yesterday. Slick Rick is not going to practice again today because of the forecast. Slick Rick's Crusaders are going to have to play almost perfect from what Slick Rick witnessed yesterday. Slick Rick was impressed with the mechanics of Friendship's QB. That kid doesn't get as much press as he should. The TE (Teeter) #18 I believe is also a very fine looking prospect. From what Slick Rick saw, it will be tough. Slick Rick is informing Coach Skogen on some things to prepare for this week.

No overlooking a 12-0 team slicky. We will be ready for them saders