4A qtr-final picks

randy3116

West Region

Fairley Bulldogs (9-3) at Henry County Patriots (8-4)

Last meeting: N/A

The Bulldogs have been on a roll since their last loss to Melrose and I don’t think the Pats defense will be able to put together enough stops.

Pick: Fairley by 8

Mid-state Region

Clarksville Wildcats (9-3) at Hillsboro Burros (12-0)

The Burros will be the 4th 9-win team (at a minimum) that the Wildcats have faced in as many weeks.

Pick: Hillsboro by 12

Southeast Region

Maryville Rebels (12-0) at Red Bank Lions (12-0)

Looking at points scored and allowed over this past season, the Lions are statistically superior to the Rebels; however, when you look at games against +.500 teams, the Rebels have performed better.

Pick: Maryville by 6

Northeast Region

Morristown East Hurricanes (9-3) at Morristown West Trojans (12-0)

Last meeting: Sept. 29th: West-45 at East-24

Conventional wisdom says that the nexturf field should benefit East’s speed in the backfield but, similar to Maryville, the Trojans seem to have performed better than the Canes throughout the season against +.500 teams, last week's game at South, notwithstanding.

Pick: Morristown West by 10

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

West Region

The Bulldogs have been on a roll since their last loss to Melrose and I don’t think the Pats defense will be able to put together enough stops.

Mid-state Region

The Burros will be the 4th 9-win team (at a minimum) that the Wildcats have faced in as many weeks.

Southeast Region

Looking at points scored and allowed over this past season, the Lions are statistically superior to the Rebels; however, when you look at games against +.500 teams, the Rebels have performed better.

Northeast Region

Conventional wisdom says that the nexturf field should benefit East’s speed in the backfield but, similar to Maryville, the Trojans seem to have performed better than the Canes throughout the season against +.500 teams, last week's game at South, notwithstanding.

Just to correct your last meeting on the West Region:

Fairley vs. Henry County

Last year the Bulldogs came into Henry County and lost 45-26. My opinion would be that it will be a similar affair this year with HC beating Melrose and putting more points on them than has been done in recent memory...

West Region

Mid-state Region

Southeast Region

Northeast Region

Pretty good breakdown but do not be fooled by Fairley and their great season against he lilkes of opponents being a combined 49-78, as compared to that of Henry county being 80-49. Melrose could not stop the Henry county running game and neither will Fairley. Henry county by 18.

As for Hillsoro, well how good are they, I am not sure, I guess that I will go with the underdog on this one as well. CLarksville by 6

Well on the east side of things I must go with Maryville by 17

West over East by well 26

As for Hillsoro, well how good are they, I am not sure, I guess that I will go with the underdog on this one as well. CLarksville by 6

Well they are 12-0 and scoring at will and committed 8 turnovers in their first two playoff games and still won. Not many teams can do that. Blade will cut out the turnovers and the Burro's will roll.

Well they are 12-0 and scoring at will and committed 8 turnovers in their first two playoff games and still won. Not many teams can do that. Blade will cut out the turnovers and the Burro's will roll.

I have looked at the stats but wins over a subpar Rossview and an average Mt. Juliet at best, is not all that tellilng on how good they are. They are a good team without a doubt but they did play a pretty eak schedule, aside from Maplewood who played a similarly weak schedule, who have they beaten, opponents combined record, 51-65, take out Maplewood, and it is 42-63.

a quick look at their schedule shows me 0-10 Hillwood, 0-10 shelbyville, 5-5 whites creek, 3-7 hickman, 2-8 lawrence county, my point is who have they beaten. They may indeed win the championship but nothing to this point in the season would suggest that they are that good.

I have looked at the stats but wins over a subpar Rossview and an average Mt. Juliet at best, is not all that tellilng on how good they are. They are a good team without a doubt but they did play a pretty eak schedule, aside from Maplewood who played a similarly weak schedule, who have they beaten, opponents combined record, 51-65, take out Maplewood, and it is 42-63.

a quick look at their schedule shows me 0-10 Hillwood, 0-10 shelbyville, 5-5 whites creek, 3-7 hickman, 2-8 lawrence county, my point is who have they beaten. They may indeed win the championship but nothing to this point in the season would suggest that they are that good.

Maplewood, Antioch, Overton, Stratford, And Mt. Juliet all had more than 8 wins and were in the playoffs. Antioch slaughtered CHS at the season opener at CHS and Beat a very good Dickson county team.