Union City Boys Basketball - Look Out All!

uctfan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City will be for real again this year and will be hard to hold down. Playing at least ( 10 ) players or more and runnin and gunnin.

Union City's defense will be their key and the offense will follow as well.

Yeah u better be ready to play or we will score 100 on u.All that thought we woudnt score cause we lost Weddle,we are a much balanced scoring team and a better and quicker team this year.So if u want to make it a track meet,u better bring your oxygen,even the fans,cause we running and pressing the whole game,so u better have sum guards that can handle the ball.

Yeah u better be ready to play or we will score 100 on u.All that thought we woudnt score cause we lost Weddle,we are a much balanced scoring team and a better and quicker team this year.So if u want to make it a track meet,u better bring your oxygen,even the fans,cause we running and pressing the whole game,so u better have sum guards that can handle the ball.

We were close to that 100 mark.

Union City 96

Obion County 60

Union City plays the entire game or any game full court defense.

I think this team may be a little ahead of last year's team...All can shoot the three,all play in your face defense,all are small but play at least 6" taller because of their leaping abilty and they look hungry..Coach looks hungry..It's hard to believe with their losses to graduation they could be better,but they may just be...They have weaknesses and they are apparent,but the coaches know what they are and will be working extremely hard to correct them...Their hustle masks some of their weaknesses though..MJ Brown is a smooth ballplayer...I noticed Brett Campbell and his top assistant in the crowd last night...Union City knocked down 18 three pointers last night and had four players in double figures led by Brown's 25..He knocked down 5 three's and a one hand jam...They are averaging 91 points a game thru three so far.....

I think this team may be a little ahead of last year's team...All can shoot the three,all play in your face defense,all are small but play at least 6" taller because of their leaping abilty and they look hungry..Coach looks hungry..It's hard to believe with their losses to graduation they could be better,but they may just be...They have weaknesses and they are apparent,but the coaches know what they are and will be working extremely hard to correct them...Their hustle masks some of their weaknesses though..MJ Brown is a smooth ballplayer...I noticed Brett Campbell and his top assistant in the crowd last night...Union City knocked down 18 three pointers last night and had four players in double figures led by Brown's 25..He knocked down 5 three's and a one hand jam...They are averaging 91 points a game thru three so far.....

Yeah,we cant defend to good in the post rite now.We also get two players back after Xmas that will make us a much deeper team.A team that has good guards and a good post game will give us some problems.Humboldt has good post players but the guards are not good ball handlers.This is y we will get in a track meet and Humboldt want be able to keep up.And MJ is a special ball player that worked on his game the whole summer that is a junior and will only get better.

Size would be the only thing I can see that could hurt UC. This is a good basketball team. They are able to put so much pressure on the ball in backcourt, and shoot the ball very well. This bunch could indeed make another run at the 'boro. Good luck UC.

VOREBS...I've been watching UC for alot of years...I've always said the same thing..If only UC had a big guy...The only players with any size to them was Mark Griffin,Marshall Brown,Stanley Caldwell and Marcus Williams....Last year in the state finals,Grace had the 6'10" guy,McMasters,and he was being guarded by 6'1" Xavier Robinson..McMasters didn't do much inside and actually was out on the perimeter shooting three's..They do have some defensive problems guarding the post,but you have to get the ball in a half court set to exploit that weakness...With their full court pressure they cause alot of turnovers and don't allow teams to set up their halfcourt game...A team is going to have to have excellent guards that can withstand 32 minutes of constant pressure and an inside presence to beat Union City..It will help if Union City has an off-night shooting,but with so many scorers it's going to be hard to find a night when all of them are cold from the field..MJ Brown is their purest three ball shooter,he had five against OC,but they hit 13 more..They are very hard to defend...

Yeah,we cant defend to good in the post rite now.We also get two players back after Xmas that will make us a much deeper team.A team that has good guards and a good post game will give us some problems.Humboldt has good post players but the guards are not good ball handlers.This is y we will get in a track meet and Humboldt want be able to keep up.And MJ is a special ball player that worked on his game the whole summer that is a junior and will only get better.

Chipper..I was waiting on Lake Co 007 to reply to this post..but since this is Thansgiving 007 may be feasting..But..I did notice that you said a team will good post players would hurt U.C...Are you talking about players like Springer and Geanes,with long arms or just monsters down low..Springer and Geanes will have the speed to shoot outside or take it to the hole..As far as your press and ball handling..Lake Co is that one team that has a true guard that can handle the ball...U.C. has been impressive so far...I saw the Central score compared with Lake Co's..But Lake Co actually trailed in that game 12-10 in the first quarter...After the football players came in,gradually built a lead..I believe it was 22 at one time..without Springer..And Central had Blake Davis,who made several 3's, on the floor against Lake Co...plus helped Central in handling the ball..Word I have is that he didn't play against U.C....So..if you compare the scores..with Springer not playing for Lake Co and Blake not playing against U.C....I'll just say ..I like our chances!

18 three point shots..But they'll have to hit them against Lake Co..a lot of long arms in their faces..And Lake Co has those long arms that should give U.C. a hard time on the boards for offensive stick backs!

MJ against Channen Geanes,two juniors among the best in the state..I can't hardly wait!

Edited by mrbigster