Friendship Christian vs. Temple

jadguitar06

The coach had a game plan and knew they would be in a dog fight. With the injuries, that I saw with my own eyes, who exactly did yo uexpect him to put in at running back.

With Temple scoring roughly 40 points a game and having the capacity to score alot of points, what would you have done differently?

You don't think that after the 4th quater started that Temple couldn't have mounted a come back?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach had a game plan and knew they would be in a dog fight. With the injuries, that I saw with my own eyes, who exactly did yo uexpect him to put in at running back.

With Temple scoring roughly 40 points a game and having the capacity to score alot of points, what would you have done differently?

You don't think that after the 4th quater started that Temple couldn't have mounted a come back?

Bunch of senseless giberish on here about recruitin and the like. Any private school that gets successful is going to be accused of recruitin because they are winning.

Big Wes Dad makes a good point about TT scoring 40 a game. I think anyone that was at this game could see this game could have easily been closer but to say FC ran up the score etc is just plain stupid

Think maybe you could have kept the D in and took the O out? If you were afraid of a comeback. GV even used freshmen that didnt know what to do on O. Just hand the ball off and say run over right tackle. They arent able to take a lick they shouldnt be playing football. Trust me if they really want to play they will suprise you. Did you go for a first down with less than 3 minutes left? Kick it out of bounds. How many points can you get in 3 minutes? With your D in? Its the point of using the offence up by 40 points 3 minutes left. The winning blindfold is definately on.

I just come to the conclusion if you can live with it I can. Im done. Its not my job to help you regain your reputation. You made it you correct it. Its not anything against any FC player. They earned everything they got. They only do what they are told and taught. Good job to the Players. Thanks for the hospitality to the Nice people I meet over there. My comments were directed one way. Not even to the Fanbase, players, or school. Good luck the rest of the way to the Gold ball.

Think maybe you could have kept the D in and took the O out? If you were afraid of a comeback. GV even used freshmen that didnt know what to do on O. Just hand the ball off and say run over right tackle. They arent able to take a lick they shouldnt be playing football. Trust me if they really want to play they will suprise you. Did you go for a first down with less than 3 minutes left? Kick it out of bounds. How many points can you get in 3 minutes? With your D in? Its the point of using the offence up by 40 points 3 minutes left. The winning blindfold is definately on.

Obviously Mo$$$ is a football genius, but it appears he fails to take into consideration the field position the FCS enjoyed during the 4th quarter. We had the ball deep in our territory the whole time. It wasn't like FCS was throwing deep passes trying to score more points. We were trying to run out the clock, and move on to the next round.

Mo$$$ if you would be so kind as to give us your cell number maybe our coaches will call you and ask what we should do in the 4th quarter of our next game.

Slick Possumtowner, can Slick Rick trust that you do have these things ready for Slick Rick? Slick Rick says come on Slick Possumtowner get a sign for your side of the field that welcomes Slick Rick and the Crusader Nation. Slick Rick is really hopeful of the accomodations. Thanks, Slick Possumtowner for working on this for Slick Rick.

Lokks like Slick Rick has become a fence jumper :lol:

Obviously Mo$$$ is a football genius, but it appears he fails to take into consideration the field position the FCS enjoyed during the 4th quarter. We had the ball deep in our territory the whole time. It wasn't like FCS was throwing deep passes trying to score more points. We were trying to run out the clock, and move on to the next round.

Mo$$$ if you would be so kind as to give us your cell number maybe our coaches will call you and ask what we should do in the 4th quarter of our next game.

He wont need any advise this time I have the feeling. He will be playing catch up. :lol:

I just come to the conclusion if you can live with it I can. Im done. Its not my job to help you regain your reputation. You made it you correct it. Its not anything against any FC player. They earned everything they got. They only do what they are told and taught. Good job to the Players. Thanks for the hospitality to the Nice people I meet over there. My comments were directed one way. Not even to the Fanbase, players, or school. Good luck the rest of the way to the Gold ball.

MO$$ has handed us the peace pipe. Why don't we all just agree to disagee and respect that everyone has an opinion and unless it is your own it stinks.

Arguing over a game that is in the books will accomplish nothing and only get uglier and uglier.

FCS fans why don't we move on to more important matters and go show our pride and respect to the Hampton Fans on the Hampton FCS thread.

Let this one die and it will dissappear off the screen.

Go Green Go FCS

Slick Possumtowner, can Slick Rick trust that you do have these things ready for Slick Rick? Slick Rick says come on Slick Possumtowner get a sign for your side of the field that welcomes Slick Rick and the Crusader Nation. Slick Rick is really hopeful of the accomodations. Thanks, Slick Possumtowner for working on this for Slick Rick.

SLICK RICK make up youe mind! you are a fence jumper and a smack mouth to :lol:

Here is opportunity knocking for FCS, and they blow it.

Great opportunity for young players to taste 3rd round action in the playoffs. Which they did, but they could have had more opportunities.

Not enough carries given to many of the FC young backs.

Allowing key starters to continue in the game risked possible injury.

To the Temple Fans, Players,Coaches,Drum line,waterboys and managers, and anyone else involved in your program. I would like to say the rest of region 4 teams in no way should be judged by the actions of the FC coach. Running up the score is not what region 4 teams with long traditions do. Dont blame the players, Im not sure they even agreed with the decision the coach made to keep in the starters even after the game was way out of hand.

I also think FC faithful should be questioning this type play. It could be bad for business as they are a private school. If I were interested in sending a kid there to play and I seen the game last night, I would decline to do so. It was totally a disgrace, and disrespectful towards any program, and especially kids. In this case they cant quote the private vs public debate.

They say yall didnt take out your starters. True. However you was behind, this was the last game. I also understand TT only had one releif man on the A team. The others dressed out as 8th graders to make it look like you had more players. Im sure FC coach knew that if he had done his homework. Which he did. They were prepared.

Its easy for FC fans to be fooled because they are winning. That sometimes blindfolds them. At the end of the day is what counts. He only made himself look like a BULLY amoung his piers. Its obvious all he is looking at is the win. Not just to win, but humilate other teams. Take note here, other region 4 teams will not stoop to his level, should the shoe be put on the other foot. Its not about him, its about kids playing ball and learning life lessons. What has FC players learned by his example? To be BULLYS. Way to go coach, you really give them someone to look up to, and guide them to lead better lives. You may ask why is this world the way it is? Look in the mirror.

To your kids. I think you showed a lot of heart and did your best in the game. Please evaluate all this and learn. There is always these type people sprinkled amoung us. You just have to learn to deal with them, and never stoop to their level. In the end you will be the winner.

:thumb: Well said , and I agree 100%.. Now lets address this with some common sense.. soon as i find someone with common sense ill ask him, til then ill say this.. Coach's of FCS you were wrong period.. and im sure u know it now.. hinesight is a Bi*&^... to the FCS fan's dont make escuses for what your Coach did. It was wrong and u know it... as far as recruiting.. this is my opionon. you never would have heard recruiting if you guys hadnt started winning. if you were a loosing team. none of this would have been brought up.. we heard it thru Boyd, and others. fact is you will always hear it when a private play's a a public school.. wich brings me to my point.. ALL private school's should only play private school's.... weither you like it or accept it there is recruiting going on.. and here is why and how..Lets say your a great and winning team. and my son wants to play for a winning team. and we all know private schools are better learning wise.. ( student vs teacher ratio)... so then you see my son is a great athlete and wants to come to your school.. its a done deal. it's been going on since there were caveman.. and if you deny it your wrong and in denial... so with that being said .. Its all private school's do you think Brentwood acadamy won all those championship's with just plain student's lol No of course not... so the saloution is .. keep it private Vs private.. and public vs public.... PS on that note im gonna start a thread public vs private should it change? come speak ur mind

Edited by Geno

It's amazing how quick some of the FC fans want to move off of this thread.

Someone mentioned the SP-GV game, trying to say GV ran up the score.

Every player on GV's team played in that game; can FC say that about Friday.

Bottom line is your coach ran up the score; quit defending him and admit he was wrong.

I'm sure there are younger players on that team that wanted to play regardless if Smith and Skogen were in there.

If the younger players don't have to hit guys like Smith and Skogen in the game, Do they have to hit Mitchell, Preston, Molander and some of the other starters in practice.

Quit making excuses, and you don't want me to tell you what some of the Temple fans were saying about it. :thumb: