Waren County

Oldschoolpioneer1

PH, man, you keep finding excuses. Now it's Title ix. Come on!! Put blame where it belongs. Most coaches are given 3 years, 4 at the most to tuurn things around. That time is past here n WC. Face it!!

Rasta, why has someone not asked for a change before now.? The main suggestion I am making is make the change but don't just half do it because it is more than a coach. To many people are talking and not enough are being brought together to see what is wanted. You are the leader, when is your meeting and who are you going to have there and are they in positions to do something? Don't just talk about it. In the WC tradition, do something about it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither team is getting great coaching. I really don't see how you can read title ix into this.

Also, I am in no position to do anything about this. I'm an observer and a fan. No kids playing, no friends coaching, just a Warren Countian worried about the direction or lack thereoff with our sports.

Neither team is getting great coaching. I really don't see how you can read title ix into this.

Also, I am in no position to do anything about this. I'm an observer and a fan. No kids playing, no friends coaching, just a Warren Countian worried about the direction or lack thereoff with our sports.

You and I have some common ground. If you can't see Title 9 considering lack of interest in a Female program in high school, you are missing the boat. Especiallly if is one of the largest interests of girls.

You did not surprise me by your reply. Your inability to have an input and do anything just fortifies the fact that posters have gotten on here that have interest and it seems by looking at the crowds you brought there is fan interest, however there is not enough motivated fans to do anything about it.

So what does this mean? Memphis is going thru a major reorganization of their Middle school programs right now. A restructuring of MS's to High schools that enables MS's to align with a high school to improve cooperation between the two is being worked out. Some MS had 7-9, some had 7-8, some had 6-7 and their were other combinations. What a way to steer a battleship. How do you make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Will improving cooperation help? You have only one high school. You have 4 assistants to work down into the system. I am not going to get in to the head coach. But I'm afraid I see no motivation at this time , only with a few.

Everyone is afarid to do anything because the AD is her twin brother, the principal is her best pal. and if you mess with her the girls will suffer. She holds grudges. She's like a 16 year old kid in a 50 year old body. Wake up from your dream world!

20, I have a suggestion that will take the school out of a lot of the training of new players if the support is there. Warren, Coffee and Tullahoma have musch of the same problem,i.e., their records are not good. I would suggest that somewhere in that geographical area, you might try to find a gym that would be available and ask if therewould be some AAU expertise in the area which I am sure there is, and start an AAU program in that area. It could include ages 10-16 and providing a summer program which would start a ball rolling as far as talent is concerned. A good program, with the right people involved could improve the skill level 50%. Enough players could be generated from the 3 county area to certainly man such a program. You might even get some of the Civic clubs in the area to help with some of the expenses. this could be a start.

I do think there is a problem with the program when we lose back to back district games by 50+. I'm not going to sit here and put all the blame on the coach. I'm not at practice, so i don't know what goes on there. We have another problem with players quitting the team. Maybe the coach's fault, maybe it isn't. But what happened to your parents not letting you quit. Finish what you start. The coach has been there awhile, parents and players know what they are getting into when they tryout for the team. I put some blame on the our parents in WC. Its a bad example when you let your kids quit anything.

I do think there is a problem with the program when we lose back to back district games by 50+. I'm not going to sit here and put all the blame on the coach. I'm not at practice, so i don't know what goes on there. We have another problem with players quitting the team. Maybe the coach's fault, maybe it isn't. But what happened to your parents not letting you quit. Finish what you start. The coach has been there awhile, parents and players know what they are getting into when they tryout for the team. I put some blame on the our parents in WC. Its a bad example when you let your kids quit anything.

I happen to agree with every word of this post. One thing is evident, though, whether it is the coaching staff's problem or not, this has gone on too far and its likely nothing they can do will correct it. It may take a totally new look and enthusiasm to correct it along with consolidating the MS program whiich will be painful to 'Warren County and It can be heard now, just for girls basketball. You might take some inward looks to see what else that might help.

I can say this also, Warren Countians are not quitters and WEEKLY STATUS is right, "Finish what you start". You are talking about a Warren County I don't recognize but it is evident that whoever is in charge is not accepting any discussion and those who are complaining are not approaching trying to get an audience. What kind of impression is each giving to the young people there. I hear that there is no talent there. Folks, you have to develop talent in what ever you do. If a part of your educational system is not working, reassign whoever is in charge and find someone who will fix it if that is the strong will of your constituancy. The gloom and doom of no way to get better is not a good sign.

Edited by PHargis

Weekly, the players are leaving because who wants to be treated like a dog and then get beat by 50 points! The coach wants girls to LIVE basketball like her because she has no life. Some players played all summer with the varsity and then get put back on the freshman team when others came in from other sports. Maybe the parents are letting them quit because their daughter has busted her tail all year in practice and gets no PT cause she doesn't have the right name or where she played ball or her parents ticked her (coach) off. The girls must know something.....

Weekly, your post and hoop 20 post tells me something about the situation i really didn't realize. I guess that I thought everyone does this but now I see what is some of the problem. Yes, WC players want to play but in Basketball Now on most all of the teams that are beating you by 50 points, are a lot of players who are starting to play in the 10 year old age group and in addition to playing for their school, are playing AAU or some kind of Youth basketball against other teams in the area and these teams have good coaches that love the game and players learn from that age group up and yes they love the game and while not their total life, is a great part of it and the parents support what their child is doing. There is nothing wrong about that because in this day and time, what might be the other alternatives. Read the posts on Dekalb and what Coach Agee psoted about his effort to be considered for the HS coach and the plan he laid out to get Dekalb to where he thought it should be. It is no different than what has been mentioned on here. If your HS Coach does not see the skills she needs and the players, however their efforts might be in the summer, have not taken other steps to improve themselves, might that be a problem. It is obvious that there are at least 3 Counties may have skills problems in their "programs" and they are in an area that there may be no organized "Summer Competitve program" close by that would teach/train in the summer outside of the HS/MS programs. It appears tome a comsideration of strarting or finding for players in Coffee/Warren/Dekalb/? a 12 week summer program starting with 10 year olds thru 16 year olds and have some who have interest and oversee it. An organization who has done that before could pull this off but to think a program can be a success without having having some skills training as Coach Agee mentioned, will not be successful. Very few can just play themselves into sports programs without skills training and this can be done in the summer and those who want to make the effort can try and those who don't want to very likely will be lacking of skills when the high school coach sees them next. I am not going to deal with the subject as to why this might not have happened in the summer. This is a suggestion and I know there are a lot of citizens in WC that would help and be capable of working with players and i know there are programs in other places that one can go to to see how their program works. I've really posted enough about this and others are getting weary of my posts and i wish WC success in building a girls program but don't think it will be easy but it will create results very quickly if done properly.

Edited by PHargis

Weekly, the players are leaving because who wants to be treated like a dog and then get beat by 50 points! The coach wants girls to LIVE basketball like her because she has no life. Some players played all summer with the varsity and then get put back on the freshman team when others came in from other sports. Maybe the parents are letting them quit because their daughter has busted her tail all year in practice and gets no PT cause she doesn't have the right name or where she played ball or her parents ticked her (coach) off. The girls must know something.....

If there is politics involved then I'm out of it. However "hoop", kids must learn to pay their dues--- that is life isn't it?--- just cause they "went to camp" doesn't mean they should be rewarded with playing time! Also, whatever the coach's tactics are, if "they were being treated like a dog" I GUARANTEE you it would be OK if they were 10-0 right now. This is the mentatlity that disgusts me. Don't know you, and don't want to. But, read your own posts if the coach "Lives Basketball and has no life", it sounds like you need to keep her around. Its a PRIVILEGE TO PLAY and sad but true, it is a year-round sport. Disagree? Again ad, and don't agree with it, but it should be your life. Especially if your Struggling! That is where you dig deep and get to work. Lay down and except losing--- I will not raise my child under that philosophy!