Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the canadites ? Is there a deadline ? Any interviews scheduled ?

Whats there schedul for next year ?

It's not been posted on TSSAA Website so not really sure what is going on right now. There may be an issue with the teaching position right now. The principal was out of town all of last week so maybe something will get going this week.

Whatever happened to "strike 3" you're out? Or even a probation period? Has anyone considered the fact that there may not be a tremendous amount of "talent" over the past 2 years?Every team has to go through a transition peroid,players do graduate...How many games did we see the ball thrown right at the boys number but did not "catch" the ball? Any coach out there can only do so much discipline,otherwise the kids or parents would have them arrested these days.Coach Zeller may not have the right winning numbers to please all the sideline "experts",but he has won the respect and hearts of alot of young men who otherwise had no one to teach them about the Lord,how is that a bad thing?He's been a friend and a parent to kids who have nobody,BUT....the numbers just weren't good enough,I guess even though Coach Zeller was All-American he doesn't know football either...We'll see how good this "Miracle Worker" will be,maybe he will scream,yell,even curse these boys,scare them into playing good,that will make fine young men as our future leaders.

I don't think this decision was just about wins and losses. I think Coach Zeller was probably as good of a field coach that GHS has ever had and an even better person. For some reason, the kids at Greeneville were not interested in playing for him. I don't know exactly what it was but if you ever drove by the school when the varsity and freshmen teams were practicing or you went to the games, there were almost as many freshman players as there were varsity players and very few of those freshmen ever played past their freshman year. Maybe its the kids, i did see some attitude problems out there this year too, but unfortuately you can't change the players so the coach has to bear the consequences.

Whatever happened to "strike 3" you're out? Or even a probation period? Has anyone considered the fact that there may not be a tremendous amount of "talent" over the past 2 years?Every team has to go through a transition peroid,players do graduate...How many games did we see the ball thrown right at the boys number but did not "catch" the ball? Any coach out there can only do so much discipline,otherwise the kids or parents would have them arrested these days.Coach Zeller may not have the right winning numbers to please all the sideline "experts",but he has won the respect and hearts of alot of young men who otherwise had no one to teach them about the Lord,how is that a bad thing?He's been a friend and a parent to kids who have nobody,BUT....the numbers just weren't good enough,I guess even though Coach Zeller was All-American he doesn't know football either...We'll see how good this "Miracle Worker" will be,maybe he will scream,yell,even curse these boys,scare them into playing good,that will make fine young men as our future leaders.

Last time I checked, teaching young men about the Lord can get even the best teacher fired in our government schools.

All this firing is from a few political men in the community that wanted him out. They were not happy that he was losing so they wanted him gone. The administration does not have the back bone to stand up to those people. I think that it is not always about wins or losses. There was some things that have happened in the past that could have been done different, but I do believe that the administration needs to evaluate and see who is actually running this school system. Is it the administration or the few political men in the community?

USED TO compete. lately its been nothing. and the kids arent getting bigger nowadays. if greeneville was 3a when cody baugh was a sr. they would have took state no problem.

It is political. Greeneville is the school of the future. They let their pride get in the way of dropping classes. I personally have thought for many years that we should be in a lower class. All the sports have to compete up. If they were in the right class they would probably have more state championships.