Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

yah the Region 1 in 3a is weak, but who would we face in the first round of the playoffs, Fulton, AE, Knox Catholic, all teams in a very strong region, Greeneville is fine in the classfication they are in right now, they've had string of bad seasons and attitudes but it will turn around

I agree, I think they should let their ego go and play in the right classification, but we know the powers that be will never allow that. The reason for that is the mentality that Greeneville is "First Class". As a greeneville fan I think they need to get over themselves. Sorry barb but on the men's basketball side I believe that they are not wanted to play other sports!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think they should let their ego go and play in the right classification, but we know the powers that be will never allow that. The reason for that is the mentality that Greeneville is "First Class". As a greeneville fan I think they need to get over themselves. Sorry barb but on the men's basketball side I believe that they are not wanted to play other sports!

Who is playing bball and not football that could be an impact player on the field? Bailey and Epley both played football. There are some good athletes on the bball team but nothing indicates Duncan forbidding then from playing football if they choose. There is nothing wrong with a young man focusing on a sport they love. Why risk a season ending injury on the football field if you are a better bball player...or baseball player. Most great multi-sport athletes still have to make a choice in the end. Not too many play more than one in college. I think its hard enough for these kids to excell at even 1 sport and get the grades necessary to play at the next level. Specializing seems like a good idea to me. Some of greeneville's best multi-sport athletes from the past several years haven't played college sports, some will probably never attend.

It really depends on the size of the player, and what kind of player they are. If you are 6'2" and are playing wing or post then you better try some football as well. I don't see many players that are 6'2" playing college basetball that play post or wing. Most of those players are 6'4" or taller, and are scoring 15 or more points a game and getting double digit rebounds. A 6'2" player has much more options in football than basketball. Of course that is my opinion. A kid gets offers in a sport he better concentrate on that sport, but we are only talking about a handful of kids. I think a kid should play all he can until the offer is on the table.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Who is playing bball and not football that could be an impact player on the field? Bailey and Epley both played football. There are some good athletes on the bball team but nothing indicates Duncan forbidding then from playing football if they choose. There is nothing wrong with a young man focusing on a sport they love. Why risk a season ending injury on the football field if you are a better bball player...or baseball player. Most great multi-sport athletes still have to make a choice in the end. Not too many play more than one in college. I think its hard enough for these kids to excell at even 1 sport and get the grades necessary to play at the next level. Specializing seems like a good idea to me. Some of greeneville's best multi-sport athletes from the past several years haven't played college sports, some will probably never attend.

There may not be many this year that could have played, but in the years past there could have been. Dashaud from last year could have been an athlete that makes plays. This year you have antwain anderson-could be a great blocking tight end, gash could be a quick receiver/slot back, Woods could of been a heck of a running back. The only one that probably does not need to think about playing football would be Wiggins. I know that it is not said "you can't play basketball if you play football" but some af the attitudes come across that way. Maybe they don't think they are coming across that way.

I would only assume that there was plenty of other "football players" that did not even play this year. I think that is something the new coach has to be able to do. He has to get kids to come out and play. It doesn't help by not having all of your assistants at the high school teaching.

There may not be many this year that could have played, but in the years past there could have been. Dashaud from last year could have been an athlete that makes plays. This year you have antwain anderson-could be a great blocking tight end, gash could be a quick receiver/slot back, Woods could of been a heck of a running back. The only one that probably does not need to think about playing football would be Wiggins. I know that it is not said "you can't play basketball if you play football" but some af the attitudes come across that way. Maybe they don't think they are coming across that way.

I would only assume that there was plenty of other "football players" that did not even play this year. I think that is something the new coach has to be able to do. He has to get kids to come out and play. It doesn't help by not having all of your assistants at the high school teaching.

Well i have spoken to some of the athletes you mentioned above and some of them said they did not play because they did not like some of the attitude they saw in the football team.

So if we can get a coach that disciplines i think we can be a much better team

Well i have spoken to some of the athletes you mentioned above and some of them said they did not play because they did not like some of the attitude they saw in the football team.

So if we can get a coach that disciplines i think we can be a much better team

Yeah I think discipline was Zeller's undoing. He tolerated too much for too long and then tried to get tough too late. Duncan doesn't tolerate a lot of crap...and his guys seem to really have it together.Hopefully the new coach can inpire that kind of teamwork and discipline and attract a few more of the county's great athletes.

Yeah I think discipline was Zeller's undoing. He tolerated too much for too long and then tried to get tough too late. Duncan doesn't tolerate a lot of crap...and his guys seem to really have it together.Hopefully the new coach can inpire that kind of teamwork and discipline and attract a few more of the county's great athletes.

I agree

Dancing Bear Many of the kids today play for a coach. As much as I hate to admit it they do. In saying that, many kids want to play, just wont play for certain people.

Well Leonard, their is more than one coach on a team. So if a kid won't play for the head coach, then it is up to his assistants to sell the program! But it all comes back to if you don't love the game, then you don't need to play.

Well Leonard, their is more than one coach on a team. So if a kid won't play for the head coach, then it is up to his assistants to sell the program! But it all comes back to if you don't love the game, then you don't need to play.

If a kid won't play for the head coach, he needs to take off his pads and go home to mommy. I think this was the problem at Greeneville this year...the inmates were in charge of the asylum...I mean really Bear, these young men need to learn to respect the position if not the man. Whoever takes this position needs to get tough and take charge, not leave it up to his assistants.