Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The right coach that gets this job should drop down to 3A. The travel distance is not an issue. Greeneville would keep there traditional games and also be able to compete every year. If they dropped,

Region 1 AAA

Carter - 56 Miles

Seymour - 63 Miles

Claiborne County - 64 Miles

Gibbs - 80 Miles

Rutledge - 53 Miles

Union County - 89 Miles

Pigeon Forge - 64 Miles

Greeneville

I think that would be the smart move for Greeneville. All of these schools are easy access from the Interstate. Greeneville travels well anyway. I think they would still travel well for a 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, year and year out. Also, thats only 7 Region games and Seymour will be leaving for 4A soon, you could still keep your traditional rivarly games. Elizabethton, Cocke County, David Crockett, ext .. . . ..

Edited by SPLITBACK

TSSAA only gets the gate money from a playoff game. The home team keeps all of the gate money for regular season. Of course they pay the refs.

On the topic of them playing 3A. They would have a pretty good chance of doing better, but they are coming from a conference that is not very strong. They would probably be in region 1-3A, which is the weaker conference. If the teams from upper east Tn would play in the right classification they should then they would be in a region with Unicoi Co., Elizabethton, Johnson County, Sullivan North, and probably Rutledge and Carter. Not sure they would make a team travel that far, but they do it to Livingston Academy and Stone Memorial that will be in region 2-3A. I really don't think that Greenville would be a number 1 or 2 team in that region either, but the the 3 and 4 spot would be much easier attained.

Carter - 56 Miles

Seymour - 63 Miles

Gibbs - 80 Miles

Rutledge - 53 Miles

Union County - 89 Miles

Pigeon Forge - 64 Miles

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

The right coach that gets this job should drop down to 3A. The travel distance is not an issue. Greeneville would keep there traditional games and also be able to compete every year. If they dropped,

Region 1 AAA

Carter - 56 Miles

Seymour - 63 Miles

Gibbs - 80 Miles

Rutledge - 53 Miles

Union County - 89 Miles

Pigeon Forge - 64 Miles

Greeneville

I think that would be the smart move for Greeneville. All of these schools are easy access from the Interstate. Greeneville travels well anyway. I think they would still travel well for a 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, year and year out. Also, thats only 7 Region games and Seymour will be leaving for 4A soon, you could still keep your traditional rivarly games. Elizabethton, Cocke County, David Crockett, ext .. . . ..

I would prefer to stay where we are ...an easy half hour from everyone but Volunteer.

Thats my point . Because it's easier !!!!!!!!!! Thats the whole problem with Greeneville. Stay in 4A and go 4- 6, 3-7, 2-8 !!! They are not a 4A school, they are a 3A school. Dont let pride and tradition get in the way. You can win region titles and keep your traditional rivalry games. Why is it such a big deal to stay in 4A, they have never done anything in 4A ! How many state titles or region titles does Greeneville have ?????? Greeneville can compete and dominate in Region 1 AAA, that region is the weakest in AAA. Carter !!!!! Carter drops from 4 A and wins the region two years in a row, but do nothing in the playoffs. Greeneville has it's advantages from playing in 4A for so long, I think they can compete at a better level in 3 A rather than 4 A. But I guess it really doesnt matter, because it wont change. To much PRIDE and TRADITION of doing nothing in 4A !

I think that Greeneville would be a good fit for region 1-3A. I'm not sure they would dominate, but they would be near the top year in and year out. Carter made a vast improvement playing in a more suitable classification for thier school size. I think they were the smallest 4A team in Tennessee while in region 3-4A. I don't think losing to a teams like Morristown East, Anderson Co., as well as some of the bottom region 2-4A teams is a show of Greeneville being a dominant team in region 1-3A, but it sure would help them. In looking at the schedules of the teams on both schedules over the past several years I would have to favor Carter over Greeneville if they both played in region 1-3A. It sure would help the situation at Greeneville though. Playing against teams that have normally 400 to 700 kids more than you do puts you at a great dis-advantage.

TSSAA gets 50% of the gate -- the other 50% is divided between the schools involved after expenses.

I was really taking a jab at TSSAA by saying they get all the money from playoff games, trust me, I know all too well how the playoff money is divided. But if you look at what you said and what I said, we both are kinda right. When you get 50% of 50% after expenses, you get pretty close to nothing.