Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

Greeneville has guys every year play both sports...this is a stupid comment. BJ Washington was great in both last year and Lance Bailey, Chris Epley, Jordan Greenway play both this year. Chase Greenway played as did Corey Shipley and Spencer Mercer.And let's not forget Ben Cooper, Braun Dabbs,Gillespie and JB Blue. If a coach "suggests" a kid should stick to one sport, it is probably because that is what they excell in. I can't really picture say,Antwaine Wiggins as effective on the field, and with his history of ankle and knee injuries it would be unwise. So what great football players from Greeneville have limited themselves to Basketball because Duncan "suggested it"

You said it all with your last couple of statements.Ben Cooper, Braun Dabbs,Gillespie and JB Blue played right about the time when Fred Sorrells and Gene King were RETIRING! New ad after Shipe retires, Free rain for Duncan.

End Of Story!

Barb, Greeneville athletics is a far cry from what it was, except for B-ball

I am done with this! I wash my hands clean from this subject!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it all with your last couple of statements.Ben Cooper, Braun Dabbs,Gillespie and JB Blue played right about the time when Fred Sorrells and Gene King were RETIRING! New ad after Shipe retires, Free rain for Duncan.

End Of Story!

Barb, Greeneville athletics is a far cry from what it was, except for B-ball

I am done with this! I wash my hands clean from this subject!!!

Guess you can go dirty your hands with the wonderful Jeff county program now huh?

Guess you can go dirty your hands with the wonderful Jeff county program now huh?

I think coaches should encourage their players to play other sports because what you learn in one sport usually helps in an other sport even if a player excells at one sport he should play an other sport.

here are some example of what i mean by learning something from a sport...while all sports teach this some sports make it a bigger point.

wrestling-balance, and body control

basketball-quick hands and feet

football- physical contact

baseball-hand eye cordination

track and feild- stregnth, speed, and stamina

and all these skills will be helpful in anysport also note that i didnt mention every skill but just the ones that came to mind

Barb !!!!

Why are you so fiesty about everything ? Let me ask you this ! What would make Greeneville a better athletic school, who do you think they should hire for a new football coach ? Any subject anybody wants to talk about that includes Greeneville, you always have something to negative say !!!!!! What do you think about it all ? How many state titles does Greeneville have ??? In any sport !!!!!!!!!! Apparently you know all the answers, but the records dont show it !!!!!!!

Barb !!!!

Why are you so fiesty about everything ? Let me ask you this ! What would make Greeneville a better athletic school, who do you think they should hire for a new football coach ? Any subject anybody wants to talk about that includes Greeneville, you always have something to negative say !!!!!! What do you think about it all ? How many state titles does Greeneville have ??? In any sport !!!!!!!!!! Apparently you know all the answers, but the records dont show it !!!!!!!

If in not mistaken they have quite a few in wrestling

If in not mistaken they have quite a few in wrestling

Boys Tennis 2004 Class AAA Singles Champion Stephen Shao

Wrestling 2003 Division I 275 Weight Class Champion Daniel Crosby

Wrestling 2002 Division I 275 Weight Class Champion Daniel Crosby

Wrestling 2000 Division I 135 Weight Class Champion Jeremy Garrett

Boys Track 1999 Class AAA High Jump Champion Jeremy Anderson

Wrestling 1999 Division I 215 Weight Class Champion Jason Riddle

Wrestling 1997 119 Weight Class Champion Brandon Lowery

Wrestling 1997 189 Weight Class Champion Josh Barner

Girls Golf 1983 Individual Champion Karen Socha

Boys Golf 1983 Team Champions

Girls Golf 1983 Individual Champion Karen Socha

Edited by SPLITBACK

Barb !!!!

I just can't stand it when someone from SOMEWHERE ELSE(for example ,PATFORLIFE from jeff county who has their own problems too numerous to mention)sees fit to extrapolate the numerous problems with the Greeneville program. I think maybe if ol Pat knows so much about how to right a sinking ship, he should sign on to his own failing Patriots who can't put anything together in any sport so far this year. I mean really, with that kind of enrollment you would think they would be able to field a decent team in at least 1 sport. I simply asked the guy which of Greeneville's bball players could be strapping on the pads and making an impact on the gridiron and all he seems to be able to do is trash the basketball and baseball coaches...I am still wondering what Billy D is going to do with all that "free rain" :rolleyes:

Until they are a top 25 4A team they are still playing in the wrong classification. I know the powers that be will never let that happen, but if I were a new coach I would demand that, and still play my rivalry opponents during non-region games. Greeneville is 3A school playing in a 4A region. They would have a much better chance of getting into the playoffs and actually being competitive in that classification. That is my 2 cents.

I agree that region 1-3A is not very competitive, but I have to say that a pretty good Morristown East team was beaten by the region 1-3A champion. If I recall ME beat Greeneville this year. I don't think that many teams below Carter in region 1-3A are very good, but If you can't compete with 4A teams, or make the playoffs then I would move down and try my luck with 3A. Three years of below 500 is not a team that is competitive. As far as meeting Fulton, Catholic, and AE in the playoffs you have to get there first. If you can't beat any of those teams in the playoffs what are you doing in 4A. Just a little info Fulton, Catholic, Seymour, and Anderson Co. will be playing 4A in two years.