GIRLS WRESTLING GIRLS

THEANIMAL

I COMMEND SODDY-DAISY FOR HOSTING A GIRLS STATE TOURNAMENT TOMMORROW. I AM ALL FOR GIRLS WRESTLING, BUT THEY NEED TO WRESTLE OTHER GIRLS. THE BOY THAT HAS TO WRESTLE A GIRL IS IN A LOSE-LOSE SITUATION. IF THE BOY WINS THEN ALL YOU DID WAS BEAT A GIRL. IF THE GIRL WINS THEN EVERYONE GOES CRAZY AND THINKS SHE IS A WORLD BEATER.

WE TRY OUR BEST TO GET THE SMALL SKINNEY BOYS TO FILL THE LOWER WEIGHT CLASSES. AS WE ARE TRYING TO TEACH THEM TO WRESTLE AND BUILD UP THEIR CONFIDENCE. A MATCH WITH THE RIGHT GIRLS WILL RUIN THEIR WRESTLING FUTURE. IT IS NOT FAIR.

I THINK THE BEST SOLUTION TO ONLY LET GIRLS WRESTLE GIRLS. GIRLS WRESTLE IN THE OLYMPICS, BUT THEY DON'T WRESTLE THE BOYS. DURING J.V. TOURNAMENTS AND DUALS HAVE A GIRLS DIVISION. AT THE HALLS JV TOURNAMENT IN KNOXVILLE (M.L.KING DAY) WE HAVE THREE DIVISIONS: FRESHMEN BOYS, JV BOYS AND HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS. USUALLY THEY WILL HAVE 4 TO 8 FEMALE COMPETITORS. WE WILL GROUP THEM AND LET THEM GO. THE BOYS LOVE IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO WRESTLE THE GIRLS AND WHEN THE GIRLS WINS IT IS NO BIG DEAL.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL,

THE ANIMAL

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Everybody!!! Look at this!!!

it's a Dead Horse!!! and there's a stick right next to it!!!

what do you say we all take turns Beating it?

The only opinion that matters on this subject belongs to Ronnie Carter. And since he isn't even interested in righting the Regional Setup or the State Tournament, I really doubt he's up for giving the Girls their own division, regardless of how fair that would be.

Hey, Everybody!!! Look at this!!!

it's a Dead Horse!!! and there's a stick right next to it!!!

what do you say we all take turns Beating it?

The only opinion that matters on this subject belongs to Ronnie Carter. And since he isn't even interested in righting the Regional Setup or the State Tournament, I really doubt he's up for giving the Girls their own division, regardless of how fair that would be.

I DON'T THINK THIS IS "BEATING A DEAD HORSE". I AM NOT ASKING THE TSSAA TO START A GIRLS DIVISION. I AM SAYING AT JV TOURNAMENTS AND THINGS LIKE JV NIGHTS, THAT WE HAVE A GIRLS DIVISION. THERE ARE NO TSSAA RULES TELLING HOW THESE EVENTS SHOULD BE RAN. SO LETS START HAVING GIRL ONLY DIVISIONS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

IF YOU HAVE OTHER IDEAS, PLEASE RESPOND.

THE ANIMAL

girls wrestling is absurd and shouldnt happen

If it's absurd to have girls wresltle girls is it ok for them to wrestle boys ? I DON'T THINK SO ! Let them wrestle in there own divison if they want to participate in the sport . Besides it would'nt hurt to give them there own state tournament how many qualify through regions last time I looked around at state there was'nt any. If they want to work hard enough to participate they should be rewarded. I'll answer your next question to me I would discourage my daughter from wrestling if all she was wrestling was the boys.

If it's absurd to have girls wresltle girls is it ok for them to wrestle boys ? I DON'T THINK SO ! Let them wrestle in there own divison if they want to participate in the sport . Besides it would'nt hurt to give them there own state tournament how many qualify through regions last time I looked around at state there was'nt any. If they want to work hard enough to participate they should be rewarded. I'll answer your next question to me I would discourage my daughter from wrestling if all she was wrestling was the boys.

Boys wrestling should be like the club on Little Rascals, He Man Woman Hater's Club, NO GIRLS ALLOWED!

hey man chill out. ok. i am good friends with a girl who wrestles and she can beat a lot of guys. its absurd that you want to say girls shouldnt wrestle. yes i agree they need there owne division. but right now ronnie cater is not worryed about that. i have no idea why he does not add it but thats him. they can run it together with the state tourament now. but as for soddy have the girls tournament. i believe in about 2 yrs there will be gilrs teams in all the major cites of tennessee. i think knoxville, memphis and clarksville should go ahead and try to make a team.... on the whole issue of making girls wrestling a sport it can be don because of Title IX. :rolleyes: which i dont kno about some of the coaches out there i believe they might as well and go ahead and do that.

I DON'T THINK THIS IS "BEATING A DEAD HORSE". I AM NOT ASKING THE TSSAA TO START A GIRLS DIVISION. I AM SAYING AT JV TOURNAMENTS AND THINGS LIKE JV NIGHTS, THAT WE HAVE A GIRLS DIVISION. THERE ARE NO TSSAA RULES TELLING HOW THESE EVENTS SHOULD BE RAN. SO LETS START HAVING GIRL ONLY DIVISIONS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

IF YOU HAVE OTHER IDEAS, PLEASE RESPOND.

THE ANIMAL

perhaps it was a mistake. but for future reference:

keyboard4.jpg

And as far as female divisions in wrestling goes, I don't see a problem with it, but I also don't see a problem with how it is now. If the girl wants to wrestle in high school, and she is good enough to compete on a tournament level, she should have to wrestle according to the bracket with all other contenders, regardless of gender. I havn't been to a whole lot of tournaments, but of all the tournaments I have been to there were not enough girls to constitute creating a female division. Just my thoughs.

perhaps it was a mistake. but for future reference

And as far as female divisions in wrestling goes, I don't see a problem with it, but I also don't see a problem with how it is now. If the girl wants to wrestle in high school, and she is good enough to compete on a tournament level, she should have to wrestle according to the bracket with all other contenders, regardless of gender. I havn't been to a whole lot of tournaments, but of all the tournaments I have been to there were not enough girls to constitute creating a female division. Just my thoughs.

Hendersonvilles girl dominated her match last night. The team and crowd was cheering her on. If tehy want to be on the mat and have the heart to go out there then let them go for it. If it's just to fill a weight then and there heart isn't in it then get them off the team.

Edited by rigger101