Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

Well said Pujo. Mistakes and turnovers will determine this games outcome. I'd guess the enemies you refer to are sitting at home wondering what they are gonna do on Thanksgiving this year while Hampton & FC will be preparing for their match-up. Some of these enemies will probably even show up to root for the Hampton Bulldogs to accomplish what they could not - beat FC! Those same enemies were there rooting for TEMPLE this past week. IT DIDN"T HELP BUT IT SURE FIRED UP THE FC TEAM & FANS.

For the record, I was there to root for FC at the beginning.

On another note, I'm kind of torn.

I'd like to see Hampton win, because of what they've had to prove without Townsend.

However, I'd like to see it stay in Region 4.

It will be a tall order for Hampton to beat FC.

FC is very balanced; I think they've run everything but the option, However they make stick that in this week.

They run and throw as well as any team in the state.

And, they're defense is tough.

Mitchell is all over the place.

If Hampton plays well, they can keep it close.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a phone call. game film. he knows alot about our program. look how close he played us. hampton hasn't played us and satterfield would love to give away any tendencies we might have. i'm not trying to start an argument. like i said, it could very well be a rumor

I wouldn't worry too much about Clint - FC fans. He couldn't figure out TEMPLE but Coach Lowe did. He couldn't figure out H20town but Coach Lowe did. He had unquestionably the best team and players in the state last year and squeeked by the young Commanders and coach MC 28-21 on the creekbank before running on out to a GOLD BALL victory. I'd say more people will be calling coach Mc & Lowe in the future to see how they've figured out TC than Clint giving our tendancies away. Coach Mc changes schemes about as often and as well as most coaches change socks. Remember the FC vs. TC game this year could have easily been 28-0 at the half and who knows where by the end of the game. If that had happened I would have expected to see Clint on Hampton's sideline or in there press box this weekend. :lol:

By the way, What was Mitchell's injury, and will he be 100% Friday?

Cramps in his legs. He will be at full-speed Friday night and intent on taking care of business! :lol:

Edited by 1A FAN

I wouldn't worry too much about Clint - FC fans. He couldn't figure out TEMPLE but Coach Lowe did. He couldn't figure out H20town but Coach Lowe did. He had unquestionably the best team and players in the state last year and squeeked by the young Commanders and coach MC 28-21 on the creekbank before running on out to a GOLD BALL victory. I'd say more people will be calling coach Mc & Lowe in the future to see how they've figured out TC than Clint giving our tendancies away. Coach Mc changes schemes about as often and as well as most coaches change socks. Remember the FC vs. TC game this year could have easily been 28-0 at the half and who knows where by the end of the game. If that had happened I would have expected to see Clint on Hampton's sideline or in there press box this weekend. :lol:

Cramps in his legs. He will be at full-speed Friday night and intent on taking care of business! :lol:

I've never seen as many kids cramp up this late in the season in a game.

What was going on?

I've never seen as many kids cramp up this late in the season in a game.

What was going on?

I'd guess that chasing down 2 Div I college prospects that each weighed over 225 probably had alot to do with it. Skogen, Smith, Skogen were all studs and our D had to work hard to contain all those threats.

By the way no need to be torn on who to root for. When G-ville was this far along almost every FC was there rooting them on. Of course in those days FC was trying to get to the mountaintop that Coach Medley had Gordonsville on. There was mutual respect from players, fans, and coaches. However, back then G-ville and TC viewed FC as 2nd class and couldn't play them often enough. My how things have changed! I can assure you of 2 things Croz:

1). FC players won't forget the class and toughness G-ville's team and coaches showed 2 weeks ago.

2). If G-ville had won that game they would have had no larger fan base outside G-ville than in Possumtown! Dillard and Medley are to be commended for their teams improvement and class. However, teaching it to some of the fans may take a lil longer! I for one hope not!

I'd guess that chasing down 2 Div I college prospects that each weighed over 225 probably had alot to do with it. Skogen, Smith, Skogen were all studs and our D had to work hard to contain all those threats.

By the way no need to be torn on who to root for. When G-ville was this far along almost every FC was there rooting them on. Of course in those days FC was trying to get to the mountaintop that Coach Medley had Gordonsville on. There was mutual respect from players, fans, and coaches. However, back then G-ville and TC viewed FC as 2nd class and couldn't play them often enough. My how things have changed! I can assure you of 2 things Croz:

1). FC players won't forget the class and toughness G-ville's team and coaches showed 2 weeks ago.

2). If G-ville had won that game they would have had no larger fan base outside G-ville than in Possumtown! Dillard and Medley are to be commended for their teams improvement and class. However, teaching it to some of the fans may take a lil longer! I for one hope not!

Well, the reason I'm torn is that Hampton has done a fine job of proving that they're not a one man show.

Like I said, I was there rooting for FC, I was just disappointed towards the end of the game. I may see it wrong, the explanations that I've heard on hear just don't seem to hold water. Like I said, I may be wrong.

I'll be rooting for FC, I know some of the players and families.

And personally, I think FC won the championship in round 2.

I think GV's fans have class, just some, me included, have had a hard time why the score was what it was Friday.

In closing, FC by two scores. :thumb:

Look the little thumb guy is green, see, I'm supporting FC.

Do you think they can make a blue one?

i heard that coach satterfield is doing whatever he can to help hampton. may be a rumor. but i wouldnt put it past him as much as he hates private schools.

i just want to see a good game played, free of injuries, no cheap shots, and a huge crowd. people may not like FC, but we'll welcome anyone and treat them w/ sincere respect.

nothing against hampton, i know nothing about them, but i do know how good FC is and if they're playing their game.... they will win.

I'll tell you something about Hampton, they are good, and if they play their game....they will win :thumb:

Someone on here earlier said the Hampton coaching staff was a class act due to the film exchange. Coach Campbell has been coah here since 1968, and he is a true class act. If he gets a sizable lead, in come the subs, no sense in rubbing the other team's face in the mud with a drubbing. Also, being a small school, he knows the younger players need the playing time to develop. Campbell has been on the wrong end of enough blow-outs to know how it feels, and he is enough of a gentleman to not do that himself. The state semis are as far as he has ever made it in the playoffs, and I don't know another coach who deserves a state title shot more. Unfortunately, being a class act and a long-time coach won't get anybody that privilage, it has to be won. I know both teams will be ready to play, and hopefully the winner will emerge unscathed to bring home the gold ball. Myself, I'm hoping the Hampton boys can shoot down another undefeated, and get their shot. If they can't, well it's been a wonderful season. I can't be prouder. :thumb: