Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

I knew about most of them, but I didnt know if Jo Byrns and Mt. Pleasant were public or private...

Don't really make alot of difference this season, Gordonsville is a public school and quite a few people thinks they were better than Friendship. I also think Mt Pleasant will beat Jackson Christian. I guess it could go either way. Alot of parity in 1a this season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this question has probably already been asked and talked about, but I am not going to read 25 pages just to find out. So, is Hampton the only public school left in the 1A playoffs and how many of the final 8 were public schools?

No. FC is the only private school left in 1A playoffs. (Lake Co., Hampton, Mt. Pleasant, FC). There were three privates in the final 8. (Jackson Christian, Temple, and FC).

The whole public private doesn't really matter right now. This is more of an offseason topic. I don't particularly like the private schools, but hey....who cares!! Privates do what they have to do to get good athletes...enough said.

Now I will take offense to what someone said earlier about transfers moving in to TC. I bet Hampton has about as many transfers as TC does. 0. The only transfer TC has ever had that even made it to the starting rotation was about 5 years ago. It was some Mitchell kid (I think) that moved to TC.

Preditions: FC is good!! Not as good as last years TC team....but still very good! The only reason I bring up last years TC team is help Hampton understand what they are about to play. FC has good "skill" players and an excellent defensive secondary. They are comparable to last years TC team though. If Hampton is like they were last year....they will line up in the I formation and try and cram it down your throat. They have some BIG boys playing in the OL/DL.

As much as I would love to see Hampton win....FC 35 Hampton 21

Please prove me wrong Hampton!!

No. FC is the only private school left in 1A playoffs. (Lake Co., Hampton, Mt. Pleasant, FC). There were three privates in the final 8. (Jackson Christian, Temple, and FC).

The whole public private doesn't really matter right now. This is more of an offseason topic. I don't particularly like the private schools, but hey....who cares!! Privates do what they have to do to get good athletes...enough said.

Now I will take offense to what someone said earlier about transfers moving in to TC. I bet Hampton has about as many transfers as TC does. 0. The only transfer TC has ever had that even made it to the starting rotation was about 5 years ago. It was some Mitchell kid (I think) that moved to TC.

Preditions: FC is good!! Not as good as last years TC team....but still very good! The only reason I bring up last years TC team is help Hampton understand what they are about to play. FC has good "skill" players and an excellent defensive secondary. They are comparable to last years TC team though. If Hampton is like they were last year....they will line up in the I formation and try and cram it down your throat. They have some BIG boys playing in the OL/DL.

As much as I would love to see Hampton win....FC 35 Hampton 21

Please prove me wrong Hampton!!

WRONG!

Jackson Christian defeated Lake Co. and there are 2 privates vs. 2 publics in the final 4. Sorry to hear of your dislike for privates. Privates don't like that 1.9 multiplier that was forced upon them either but some of us have perservered regardless.

WRONG!

Jackson Christian defeated Lake Co. and there are 2 privates vs. 2 publics in the final 4. Sorry to hear of your dislike for privates. Privates don't like that 1.9 multiplier that was forced upon them either but some of us have perservered regardless.

Sorry about the Lake Co./JCS game!! My bad!! How has the 1.9 multiplier affected FC? They are still in 1A. So what exactly have you persevered through? I appreciate the sympathy you show with my dislike for privates. Its not necessarily a bad thing...don't get me wrong. I dislike seeing TC play Red Boiling Springs too.

Yep then theres the playoffs. FC beat Gv 21-12 in regular season. FC was behind the entire game until the last 19 secs in the 4th with 4th down. Scored and won by 1. Whats the diffrence in playoff games? You know as well as I do. [Quoting Mo$$$ - - 11:02 PM, Sunday]

Maybe since my Rangers are so awful, I shouldn't intrude, and it's not all that important, but I can't make sense of these numbers. Are you saying FC scored twice in the final 19 seconds? They won by 9, right?

Yep then theres the playoffs. FC beat Gv 21-12 in regular season. FC was behind the entire game until the last 19 secs in the 4th with 4th down. Scored and won by 1. Whats the diffrence in playoff games? You know as well as I do. [Quoting Mo$$$ - - 11:02 PM, Sunday]

Maybe since my Rangers are so awful, I shouldn't intrude, and it's not all that important, but I can't make sense of these numbers. Are you saying FC scored twice in the final 19 seconds? They won by 9, right?

Nope we played Gville twice.

Reg season we won by 9

Playoffs we won by 1. Scored the winning TD with 17 seconds on the clock.

They are a great football team