Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

If you would go back and look at the yearbook of Adam Townsend's 4th grade year, I will be his picture will be in the Hampton Elementary School. I wonder which school's yearbook that Rickaway's picture was in. Was it a Lebanon, Tennessee school or was it possibly from a Florida school? I could care less if Friendship Christian School recruits players. From what I understand, there is nothing against the rules in doing it so go for it. Just don't act like it doesn't happen. You should be saying we won the game with the players we had on the field and it doesn't matter where they came from, they played for FCS. That would be the truth and that should be one of the virtues that your Christian school is putting forward to the public.

As for the game, what I saw was two pretty evenly matched teams who played their hearts out for 48 minutes. Also, since I have a son playing for Hampton, I am sure I am biased, but I saw some very questionable calls from 2 of the 4 officials on the field during the game, and then after the game, I saw those same officials in the middle of FCS' celebration on the field. HMMMM......that is an eyebrow raiser to this Hampton fan. Did the refs cost Hampton the game? No, probably not. Did the refs do a smart thing by joining the celebration? Absolutely not.

As for Rickaway ... I believe he has attended a private his entire life ... including when the family lived in Chattanooga and he attended elementary school with many of the Temple kids.

As for recruiting ... FCS must stink at it. Mt. Juliet and Lebanon's starting QBs both attended FCS in elementary school and went on to be stars on their 4A and 5A football teams. :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to FCS on a great victory last night.

Congratulations to our Hampton Bulldogs on a great season.

Hampton Bulldogs: 24 wins and only 4 losses the last two years. Nothing to be ashamed of. I am very proud of our Dogs. They have overcome a lot of obstacles this year. Also, this Bulldog fan eats no crow. I have no reason to do so. These Dogs have been a great team all year. I don't think anyone saw any fear out of these Dogs last night playing against the top team in Region 4.

I wish the game last night had not been so ugly. Definitely too many penalties on both teams. But no excuses here, the Commanders were just better than the Dogs last night.

By the way, the cheeseburgers were great at Possumtown Stadium.

Hey Possumtowner, how about teaching some of your fans on how to be a good winner. You can go back and read the Coalfield/Hampton thread. After the game, Hampton posters DID NOT bash Coalfield, the way some of your FCS fans are bashing Hampton.

The Hampton Bulldogs will definitely be back!!!!! Can't wait til next season!!!

Go Dogs!!!!!

:D

I agree with this statement completely. The past two years have wonderful times to be a Bulldog fan, and I'm not not going to hang my head over this loss. I'm pretty sure the 'Dogs will be back next year, and maybe then we'll even the score. As for the bad sportsmanship displayed, I agree totally. At no point did any FCS player stop to see about Mike's injury when he was knocked out and lying on the field, or the attempt by the PA announcer to present the halftime show while he was STILL lying there. After every game the Hampton players kneel and pray, usually with the other team, win or lose. Friday night, the Dogs were out at midfield, crying and consoling each other, and instead of thanking GOD as most Christians do, the FCS players were to busy high-fiving and slapping each other on the back to notice. Fine Christian attitude there. I must say, one thing I have noticed about alot of Christian schools, sportsmanship goes right out the window. All the righteous bible-waving about morals and teaching our children to be God-fearing adults simply appears to disappear when on the field or court. I've seen it too many times now to let it slide as kids being kids, when coaches and adults alike are doing it. I don't claim to be perfect, I know I have faults, but saying one thing and then behaving a different way is not how to show people how to live a better life. Yes, FCS was better than Hampton on the playing field friday night. How Hampton's players handled themselves makes me feel very good about them personally.

If you would go back and look at the yearbook of Adam Townsend's 4th grade year, I will be his picture will be in the Hampton Elementary School. I wonder which school's yearbook that Rickaway's picture was in. Was it a Lebanon, Tennessee school or was it possibly from a Florida school? I could care less if Friendship Christian School recruits players. From what I understand, there is nothing against the rules in doing it so go for it. Just don't act like it doesn't happen. You should be saying we won the game with the players we had on the field and it doesn't matter where they came from, they played for FCS. That would be the truth and that should be one of the virtues that your Christian school is putting forward to the public.

As for the game, what I saw was two pretty evenly matched teams who played their hearts out for 48 minutes. Also, since I have a son playing for Hampton, I am sure I am biased, but I saw some very questionable calls from 2 of the 4 officials on the field during the game, and then after the game, I saw those same officials in the middle of FCS' celebration on the field. HMMMM......that is an eyebrow raiser to this Hampton fan. Did the refs cost Hampton the game? No, probably not. Did the refs do a smart thing by joining the celebration? Absolutely not.

The officals on the field are appointed by the TSSAA. The officals come from a neutral area. This weeks officals were from the Chattanooga area. The officals last week were from Oak Ridge. The officals you saw on the field after the game were the chain gang that during the playoffs are usually officals from the local region that are not assigned to work a game. They do not have the ability to throw a flag they only hold the chains. The two officals you saw in our area after the game are from Wilson County and know some of the players and parents.

The actual game officals were probably long gone by this point. I would suggest that if you truly saw either of these guys throw a flag on your team you need to go for an eye exam because the chain gang does not even have a flag. Had the game been at Hampton the chain gang officals would have been from your area. From the outside looking in I can see how you might think that was unusual. Actually in the game against Temple one of the officals was hurt and rather than bring in one of the chain gang to work his area they brought in the clock operator and had the clock operated by a local offical.

I thought the game was a hard fought game and fans from both sides represetned themselves well. Thank goodness the games are decided by young men on the field and not adults on a chat board.

I hope all from Hampton had a safe trip home. I will reply seperately about the Rickaway comment.

I agree with this statement completely. The past two years have wonderful times to be a Bulldog fan, and I'm not not going to hang my head over this loss. I'm pretty sure the 'Dogs will be back next year, and maybe then we'll even the score. As for the bad sportsmanship displayed, I agree totally. At no point did any FCS player stop to see about Mike's injury when he was knocked out and lying on the field, or the attempt by the PA announcer to present the halftime show while he was STILL lying there. After every game the Hampton players kneel and pray, usually with the other team, win or lose. Friday night, the Dogs were out at midfield, crying and consoling each other, and instead of thanking GOD as most Christians do, the FCS players were to busy high-fiving and slapping each other on the back to notice. Fine Christian attitude there. I must say, one thing I have noticed about alot of Christian schools, sportsmanship goes right out the window. All the righteous bible-waving about morals and teaching our children to be God-fearing adults simply appears to disappear when on the field or court. I've seen it too many times now to let it slide as kids being kids, when coaches and adults alike are doing it. I don't claim to be perfect, I know I have faults, but saying one thing and then behaving a different way is not how to show people how to live a better life. Yes, FCS was better than Hampton on the playing field friday night. How Hampton's players handled themselves makes me feel very good about them personally.

I watched the replay this morning and as soon as the players realized that the young man was injured they started waving for the medical staff. The hit was a hard hit and they did celebrate as most atheletes do until they realized he was not getting up and not moving. I can tell you that had it not been halftime and the players were instructed to go to the locker room and another play was to take place they would have been on thier knees praying for his safety. We will always be held to a higher standard and have gone thru these accusations before because we have Christian in our name. I was glad to see that your player was well enough to be cheering his team on in the second half.

Oh this is jest about ready to make me sick right here. Ya'll settle down fer a minute and listen to ole Possumtowner. When yer qb got hit (and there aint no helmet to helmet rule in hs so dont even talk about dat). We got 3 FC players waivin fer somebody to come see bout the boy. Our doc and trainin feller come to see bout him too but ya know what? Yer coaches says, ya'll git away from here we dont need no help. Now up to this point, ole Possumtowner has tried to take the high road and be exactly what muh daddy taught me to be, a good winner and loser but ya'll is jest pathetic talkin bout stuff you have no idea bout.

And let me jest tell ya bout them feller in them stripe shirts. Them was the fellers that had been toten then chains up and down the field that was standin with the players. The chain fellers was from round here. Them fellers what wore them stipped shirts on the field, I dont rightfully know where they wus from but ole Possumtowner aint never seen them before. Them fellers left the field with the law as ole Possumtowner was standin by the gate when they walked out. And if you'll look at yer paper today you'll see them Hampton boys didnt have as many penalties as the fellers in green.

Look here, you lost. Sorry bout that but I warned ya. We got some good uns. We aint gonna poligize fer it neither. I done talked bout recruitin. Aint no sense talkin bout it no more. Its silly

I also saw that. I was one of the last ones that left the sidelines on the visitors side.....and there were still some refs there. That was not just congratulating the players on a win if you ask me. May just be my opinion.....but the rest of Hampton fans saw it too. Not trying to start anything...just voicing my opinion...which will be to tssaa also.

I watched the replay this morning and as soon as the players realized that the young man was injured they started waving for the medical staff. The hit was a hard hit and they did celebrate as most atheletes do until they realized he was not getting up and not moving. I can tell you that had it not been halftime and the players were instructed to go to the locker room and another play was to take place they would have been on thier knees praying for his safety. We will always be held to a higher standard and have gone thru these accusations before because we have Christian in our name. I was glad to see that your player was well enough to be cheering his team on in the second half.

Halibut ... I'm curious as to who you are? Can you drop some hints? Year you graduated or something? It's killing me. :D