Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a good game I think. The only thing that worries me about Smyrna is that there Qb is supposed to be good, followed by good recievers. I have said all year that Ooltewah's big weakness is the secondary and if Smyrna comes out throwing the football then Ooltewah could be in big trouble.

The only thing I noticed is that Smyrna threw 8 times for 3 completions against Riverdale. He did throw the ball 17 times completing 8 of those against LaVernge but he only threw for 62 yards. The only one that I think could bring doubt to Ooltewah is the game Sonny went 15 of 26 but still only for 148 yards. Those passing numbers don't look to scary to an Ooltewah fan. Smyrna will struggle to run the ball against Ooltewah like everyone has all year. Ooltewah's front 7 is very strong.

Ooltewah however is good at getting to the passer and making opposing QB's make bad throws, and Ooltewah DB's will make you pay if you throw a bad pass. But I do not think it is hard for Recievers to get open against Ooltewah's Defense, but you have to have good protection for your QB.

I garuntee you that Smyrna is not faster than Ooltewah as an overall team. I have not seen a faster overall high school team in a long time....

Cat, it doesn't matter what any score of any game is for Smyrna, they will ALWAYS be the underdog of every game to everyone. Why? Have no idea but my favorite thing is when you talk about scores from previous games and some fan of that team ALWAYS comes back with some excuse as to why their team almost lost or did lose. It never fails, you know someone will :rolleyes:

Why did Smyrna lose to Riverdale 49-0? Not trying to be a butt, just wanting to know the reasons...

After watching the highlight videos, I can pronounce one thing.

I'm glad Ooltewah doesn't have such awful tackling as the teams in those videos.

And all those times where the guys couldn't get to the QB in time, and Sonny stayed in the pocket to make a big throw? Ooltewah's faster than those guys.

So far from what I'm seeing this is just like the Sevier County game. Like, every bit of it.

I think Smyrna may break the streak of 14 against Ooltewah in the Playoffs on some long passes, but I don't think they have the overall speed, talent, or linesmen to win.

Why did Smyrna lose to Riverdale 49-0? Not trying to be a butt, just wanting to know the reasons...

they played there best gamje and we over looked them and played our worst not to mention some ??? calls by refs and our coaches that could have changed alot but dontt mean to sound like someone horrible just stating what i nthinbk is true and i still think we had a better team just shouldnt have looked ahead to ooltewah or state just cause we beat them 49-0

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear

This is the exact reason... Smyrna was running some 3 dlimeman at first which you can not do against riverdale.. then Riverdale just pounded it to the outside everytime... we couldn't do a thing bout it... but hey I know it look bad on a stat sheet or going through a schedule and seeing a 49-0 score but it didnt do anything but help us.. after that week we adjusted and tried new things and they have worked... Riverdale tried to run to the outside friday but they weren't really successful.. I mean yea they might have broke a couple to the outside I mean who isn't they run the ball 9000 times a game... but not nearly as much the first game.. they beat us down in the regular season and embarresed the team and te coaches.. we came in with more pride this time and we were going to try are hardest for that not to be the seniors last game.. they have worked to hard for it to stop there.. Who was the Owls toughest opponet this year??? what were some of the things they did

I am not a fan of any of these teams, but as a person, coach, parent, player, cheerleader, student, grandparent etc. how do you possibly warn your team that you have to get serious about a team you just beat 5 weeks ago 49-0. It to me is an impossible task to undertake, how can anything you say be taken seriously? I have been asked if smyrna is that much improved or did r'dale over look them? I have said it had to be both, plus the way the stars were lined up. They could play 10 times and Riverdale would win 9. They just happened not to win the one that counted this time. Good luck to both teams and families traveling. Just to let you know I am not a R'dale fan if they were to play BA I would be for BA, that ought to prove it. :rolleyes:

Edited by my2cents

After watching film on their QB Ooltewah could definately struggle. Looks like he has a great arm and accuracy, plus he looked like in that video he does well under pressure. The only thing is on most of those film highlights he had all day to throw, and against Ooltewah he will not have all that time.

The big Wide Reciever could give Ooltewah some trouble to if Ooltewah plays Lansden this week. I wouldn't if I was Ooltewah, the looked just as good without him last week and the back-up has several inches on him. Ooltewah does have the advantage of having both corners being over 6'1.. Which will help Ooltewah stay with Wilkes kid better. That is as long as Ooltewah goes with their line up from last week, or else Wilkes could give Lansden alot of trouble.

Could be a shootout because I don't think Smyrna can stop Ooltewah either.

This is the exact reason... Smyrna was running some 3 dlimeman at first which you can not do against riverdale.. then Riverdale just pounded it to the outside everytime... we couldn't do a thing bout it... but hey I know it look bad on a stat sheet or going through a schedule and seeing a 49-0 score but it didnt do anything but help us.. after that week we adjusted and tried new things and they have worked... Riverdale tried to run to the outside friday but they weren't really successful.. I mean yea they might have broke a couple to the outside I mean who isn't they run the ball 9000 times a game... but not nearly as much the first game.. they beat us down in the regular season and embarresed the team and te coaches.. we came in with more pride this time and we were going to try are hardest for that not to be the seniors last game.. they have worked to hard for it to stop there.. Who was the Owls toughest opponet this year??? what were some of the things they did

WingT with passing

Okay being serious.... The reason Smyrna lost to R'dale? Smyrna didn't show up. I mean there were bodies in uniforms, with helmets and pads, but that was it. The team that had been playing at the beginning of the year just stayed at home I guess. There are no other excuses. It wasn't the ref's, it wasn't the weather, it was the boys didn't show up.