Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

This is just my opinion, of course :thumb: But the team that is playing Symrna friday night is NOT the same team that played WB early in the year. Jeremy Woods our quarterback is a senior and this is his first year starting as quarterback. Jeremy is great! He has lots of natural ability. His dad was a great quarterback and played at UTC. His brother was our quarterback last year while Jeremy played safety. Jeremy is a student of the game. I have heard Coach Monroe say, "Jeremy understands our offense, front to back and reads defenses well. I 100% agree. This is Coach Monroe's second year as HC for the Owls. So the offense is new to all this team as well. I think Jeremy has gained valuable experience each game he has played. We played WB the third game of the season I think. The same goes for our defense. There were two starters returning. This is the first year to start for almost all of these guys. We only had two returning on offense as well. So in my opinion, there is loads of tallent there with lots of great athletes but not much experience. We played a tough schedule and these guys greatly improved with each game. What happened with this team is what you hope and pray will happen but doesn't always. It has grown and matured into a first class team to be dealt with. I agree with you. The team that played WB should not be here in the playoffs. The Oak Ridge game was where I noticed everything really starting to gel. They get better with each game.Did we pull one out with WB yes. But the Owls are not here by luck. They are here by hard work, great athletes with speed and desire to win and OH yes a great coaching staff that knows how to win. Your team in my opinion was other than Farragut the best team we played this year. Byt the way thanks for the "help" by beating DB. We beat a one loss DB team last year up there if you remember. They were only beaten by that great OR team. I am realistic. We may go over to Smyrna friday and get our tails whipped friday. If we do then so be it. But, I am so happy to say these kids are playing out of their minds right now and are so hungry. We'll see. GO OWLS!

The Owls are proving me wrong. They just might win this thing. That is why you should never make judgments on one night. No respect to my team (WB) but it is very uncommon for WB to play with and nearly beat the 5A State Champs. Obviously, you guys played terrible that night.

And you are getting some help along the way with DB and Riverdale getting beat. But you are doing your part and that is all you can do.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ET! I was wondering where you have been? I figured you and GOVMAN might have gone to the Maryville game friday. You should have been at the NEST! Most fun I have had in a while. Thanks for your statement. I think :lol: You know ET if the Govs had beaten the Owls that night who is to say that we still would not be right here where we are? Like you say. You beat everyone in our path and that is all we can do. We beat Farragut twice. The second time was a whippin. And we beat Sevier County pretty badly actually worse than the score. Who knows. You MAY be watching us in Murfressboro? GOSH I would love to see that. You and GOVMAN :thumb: But we have a huge task this week beating a tough Symrna team. Don't know if we are up to the challenge. Guess we'll see. GO OWLS!

One thing is a lock. I will not be in Murfreesboro watching the Owls. However, if they make it, which they should, I will be watching it on TV. Take your shirt off and have loveshsfootball painted on your chest and give me the finger....the #1 finger that is.

I noticed a bit of irony in Steve Heath's article in the DNJ today. Smyrna's last semi-final appearance was in 1995 in 4A. Guess who that was against and who their coach was? Give up.... it was Cleveland and Benny Monroe, the same Benny Monroe who will be on the other sideline Friday night.

Also a question about Smyrna's pressbox, we plan on bringing at least 1 radio station (I know the 1 has a 3 man crew) and have our statistician use a laptop in there. Will there be enough room up there for everyone?

Edited by thorough97

Ooltewah is already overlooking smyrna, (let me remind you this same thing happened in the riverdale game) smyrna coaches will watch a lot of tapes and they will have the team ready to play.

way to hop on coacht 4 weeks in to your teams playoff run...but anyway, thats retarded, ooltewah is not overlooking smyrna, just keep saying that

We have a group that would like to come up early and set up a tailgate party.

Do you have an area around the stadium that would work for this?

Any suggestions?

across the street or out by the interstate would be good :D

just kidding

There is plenty of room by the gym parking area. Smyrna tailgaters will have the area beside the entrance road beside the field and other than that anywhere else is fine.

I would suggest the entrance road also but on the entrance end rather than the end toward the field

we are making plabs to bring on even more extra bleachers thatn our other big games and have qb members that have put a lot of work in getting supllies

It is very difficult to get cokes and foos on a holiday week from vendors

there will be a small concession stand on the visitors side that will have everything available on the home side but i can tell you it is small and by the 3rd qtr it will run out

This could be the largest crowd to ever see a smyrna home game and we are doing our best to deal with it in a faciltiy never designed to have this many people come

I honestly beleive Ooltewah is a better team than Smyrna , but i also beleive Riverdale is a better team than Smyrna and we all know who won between their last meeting, so with that said none of us really know who is going to win! We can all give out our predictions, but all that is saying is the people from Ooltewah think Ooltewah will win and people from Smyrna think Smyrna will win. Noone cares who we THINK is going to win and i really dont want to read about it, so lets start talking about the great players both teams have and what the teams are going to do to prove they are the better team!!

Thats why I like these matchups because the unknown makes it fun.

I have seen video on ooltewah and it will be a tough job containing the tb

Is there anywhere on line smyrna fans can find any videos?

for those ooltewah folks that want to see some smyrna players in action

go to www.storkmontgomery.com and go to player spotlights

current players

2 sonny gray qb

5 rodriguex wilks wr

4 antoine hendrix rb

it should give you a little idea of players you will see