Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from the post it doesn't sound like ooltewah can be stopped running or passing

It also is apparent they can not be run on and maybe just maybe you might be able to complete a pass or 2 per game

I just hope smyrna can make a game of it enough to make it worth the drive

A friend of mine said it best smyrna is like someone being let in free to $25,000 buy in poker tournament for a million dollars

they can only win it because they have nothing to lose

they ain't supposed to be here!!

I BELIEVE

Just from the post it doesn't sound like ooltewah can be stopped running or passing

It also is apparent they can not be run on and maybe just maybe you might be able to complete a pass or 2 per game

A friend of mine said it best smyrna is like someone being let in free to $25,000 buy in poker tournament for a million dollars

I BELIEVE

OOLTEWAH IS EXTREMELY YOUNG, we arent suppose to be here, we werent even suppose to win our region. WE BELIEVE :thumb:

I BELIEVE

No, you can pass on Ooltewah, and that is the way to go about beating them, just don't leave a ball hanging because the DB's will react on a play that its possible to get an interception on. But on offense, you cannot key in on any one thing they do because Ooltewah is entirely too balanced, they've had games where they have thrown the ball 95% of the time, and games where they run the ball 95% of the time, but usually it is right around 50/50 or 60/40it just depends on what the defense is giving them. I'm just saying, you do not want to put 8 men in the box for the whole game, it will not work against Ooltewah's offense

Surely, you don't think that Middle Tennessee has dominated high school football in Tennessee. Riverdale has owned 5A and BA just won DII, but as you stated Maryville is 4A football in Tennessee. In 3AThe state champion the last 4-5 years has come out of the East and will happen again this year when Fulton brings home 3 out of 4 years. Finally, Alcoa owns 2A the same way that Maryville owns 4A. So, unless you mention Riverdale or Brentwood Academy, the real football is played in the east.

I meant moreso at the 5A level because there are a number of 5A schools in Middle Tennessee that have played for the "chip" in the past 10 years. But this notion that the real football is played in the East is laughable. You must have forgotten about all the private school powers in Middle Tennessee like MBA, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Ezell-Harding, Donelson Christian Academy, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Battle Ground Academy, ......all of whom have played in title games in the past 10 years. Other than Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, D-B, and Red Bank's Gerald Riggs years, who in the East has consistently been good?? Shoot, I can't name another contender. Sevier County was good in the late 1990's with Matthews, Youell, and those guys. D-B can't get out of the first round and plays in an athletically inferior region. Your argument doesn't stick.

Murfreesboro Riverdale, Murfreesboro Oakland, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Nashville Glencliff, and Hendersonville are Middle Tennessee 5A schools that have played for titles in the past 10 years. I admit that this is somewhat skewed by the East/West split that sends some Nashville area schools West in the playoffs, but the point is that these teams play each other with regularity, scrimmage and play 7 on 7 in the summers, and are ready for the playoff wars. Trust me, Ooltewah may beat Smyrna, but its not going to be because the Bulldogs were "WOWED" by their speed. I mean, there is the potential for a Ravenwood- Smyrna game next week. Those schools are 20 mintues apart (if you know the Rocky Fork backcut) and have already played in a heated game less than two months ago.

Well we certainly aren't supposed to be here. And I had hoped but didn't BELIEVE until a few weeks ago. :thumb: If you think youre going to pump up your guys by saying youre the underdog..well we don't think youre an underdog...if you think the "they don't respect us" thing is going to work. ....well we do respect your team you beat RIVERDALE. And the WE HATE each other thing doesn't work either cause we know very little about each other....so guess youre just gonna have to bring what ya got and we'll do the same and see what happens.I will say this...I think we got more than you think we do...I think B) GO Owls!!!

OOLTEWAH IS EXTREMELY YOUNG, we arent suppose to be here, we werent even suppose to win our region. WE BELIEVE :thumb:

my guess would be smyrna would come out 4 and 5 wide and throw it all over the field

do you rush 5 drop 6 ?

do you rush 4 drop 7 ?

do you play man or deep zone ?

do you go all out to get the qb ?

I think even the most ardent smyrna doubter would tell you he can flat out throw it if you don't get to him plus if you bring to much heat he is as quick as a cat

If I was ooltewah I would put in extra time on pass coverage because smyrna is not very effective running the ball :thumb:

I predict this game will be just like last weeks riverdale game and will be decided in the final minutes

I meant moreso at the 5A level because there are a number of 5A schools in Middle Tennessee that have played for the "chip" in the past 10 years. But this notion that the real football is played in the East is laughable. You must have forgotten about all the private school powers in Middle Tennessee like MBA, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Ezell-Harding, Donelson Christian Academy, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Battle Ground Academy, ......all of whom have played in title games in the past 10 years. Other than Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, D-B, and Red Bank's Gerald Riggs years, who in the East has consistently been good?? Shoot, I can't name another contender. Sevier County was good in the late 1990's with Matthews, Youell, and those guys. D-B can't get out of the first round and plays in an athletically inferior region. Your argument doesn't stick.

Murfreesboro Riverdale, Murfreesboro Oakland, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Nashville Glencliff, and Hendersonville are Middle Tennessee 5A schools that have played for titles in the past 10 years. I admit that this is somewhat skewed by the East/West split that sends some Nashville area schools West in the playoffs, but the point is that these teams play each other with regularity, scrimmage and play 7 on 7 in the summers, and are ready for the playoff wars. Trust me, Ooltewah may beat Smyrna, but its not going to be because the Bulldogs were "WOWED" by their speed. I mean, there is the potential for a Ravenwood- Smyrna game next week. Those schools are 20 mintues apart (if you know the Rocky Fork backcut) and have already played in a heated game less than two months ago.

I hope Ooltewah just kills yall friday just to shut you up!!! Good gosh you get on my nerves and i am just reading your ignorant post! If you are going to go back 10 years why stop there?? We should go all the way back to the 1950`s!!! Do some searching and i will promise you there is a heck of a lot more tradition in east Tennessee than up there and a lot more gold balls in trophy cases than your schools up there!!! PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!! IGNORANT FOOL!!!!! sorry Ooltewah fans for making us look bad by saying that but some people are goobers!!!