Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's totally fair for people to state lies about me. Really, it is. Especially when all I'm posting is what I see (from an objective viewpoint, duh, I'm an Owls fan, I'm wearing their hoodie as I type) based on the 13 games I have been to watch the Owls play in, the scores of Smyrna's season and their stats, and the highlight videos.

Wait. No, it totally isn't.

If you didn't notice, I said whoever had the higher turnover margin in Sevier County would win, and that the owls would do it if they could handle the QB. Hey, I was right. In the Farragut game, I said we'd win big because Farragut is not nearly as good. Hey, I was right. Did I mention that IN THIS THREAD I picked us to lose to McCallie if we had to play them? We don't match up with them.

Here, I see a good passing game that's effective when the QB has time for his recievers to get open. Ooltewah will give up big plays, but the confidence of the 10+ interceptions we've gotten in the last 4 games will cause us to not let them have enough. I see an average looking Smyrna line, vs a powerful and dominant Ooltewah line. I see a defense from Smyrna that isn't notably better than Ooltewah's, and an offense that is notably better and more balanced from Ooltewah.

We match up to be the better team, with more depth and speed. And I never picked us to win big. So shut up.

Edited by Owlbino

OOLTEWAH FANS!!!! Please do not look past Smyrna... It has been said over and over again that is the wrong thing to do. Should be a great game. How big is Smyrna's stadium. City of Chattanooga will be there next Friday!

Smyrna has one of the worse stadiums. The stands for the visitors aren't for long but are high. If all of Chattanooga shows up.....and your band shows. It will be very crowded.

Smyrna, they don't respect you guys, I can sense it in their posts!!! I want Ravenwood and Smyrna to represent this week to prove, FOR ABOUT THE SEVENTH STRAIGHT YEAR, that the best football is played in the Nashville Metropolitan Area, and particularly in Southern Davidson, Williamson, and Rutherford Counties. Put it to Ooltewah. I really think the Bulldogs have an advantage in the speed department across the board in this game. Ooltewah has some players that can really run, but Smyrna has them across the board when you talk about Rod, Crouch, Maceo, Antoine, Jonah, etc. I think Sonny can have an effective game passing against these guys, I really do.

I guess U better tell Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton and a few others that they don't know how to play football. I'm sure out of the 5 classifications the Knoxville area and east TN has had their fair share of State Titles in Football.

You can't go by classification because look what 2A Alcoa did to one of the best DII schools in the state 2 years in a row. Look how far Farrragut got in the playoffs and they lost to two 4A Schools.

Best Football my bu :):) .

I think OR represented our region well and Ooltewah has a great opportunity to do the same.

Go Owls. I will be there Fri when you win by more than 10 :rolleyes:

ET! I was wondering where you have been? I figured you and GOVMAN might have gone to the Maryville game friday. You should have been at the NEST! Most fun I have had in a while. Thanks for your statement. I think :lol: You know ET if the Govs had beaten the Owls that night who is to say that we still would not be right here where we are? Like you say. You beat everyone in our path and that is all we can do. We beat Farragut twice. The second time was a whippin. And we beat Sevier County pretty badly actually worse than the score. Who knows. You MAY be watching us in Murfressboro? GOSH I would love to see that. You and GOVMAN :lol: But we have a huge task this week beating a tough Symrna team. Don't know if we are up to the challenge. Guess we'll see. GO OWLS!

The Owls are proving me wrong. They just might win this thing. That is why you should never make judgments on one night. No respect to my team (WB) but it is very uncommon for WB to play with and nearly beat the 5A State Champs. Obviously, you guys played terrible that night.

And you are getting some help along the way with DB and Riverdale getting beat. But you are doing your part and that is all you can do.