Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

To Ooltewah and Smyrna fans. You both are picking your own team. I continue to be amazed that the people in Smyrna think they are the only ones who believe their team is going to win. This post is so typical... Ooltewah fans picking their team and Smyrna fans picking their teams. Everyone is not picking Ooltewah; just follow the posts on this thread. It goes back and forth--point and counter point. Do you think because you put "Coach" in front of your name that makes a difference? I have been coaching for over 20 years and the one thing I would agree with on your post is that "the game still has to be played. That's why they sell tickets."

Smyrna fans think that Ooltewah is overlooking Smyrna just because they post positively about their team. If we all knew who the posters were, we would probably find very few coming from the teams themselves. These are fans and parents and friends talking, with a few other interested observers, not all connected to either program. So, I wouldn't judge a team's perpective, either way, based on posts on CoachT.

Umm the post you were refering to was made by a coach at our school. so yeah do ur research

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a little INFO for you fans out there. These stats are from the past 3 games in the playoffs. Very interesting....

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Sonny Gray 15-26-1-148 vs. coffee county

Sonny Gray 8-17-2-69 vs. LaVergne

Sonny Gray 3-8-1-92 vs. Riverdale

Total 26-51-4-306 51% eff. (4 INT's)

Jeremy Woods 10-14-0-230 vs. Science Hill

Jeremy Woods 7-12-0-87 vs. Sevier County

Jeremy Woods 8-8-0-124 vs. Farragut

Total 25-34-0-441 74% eff. (0 INT's)

The one thing that sticks out is the efficiency and INT's.

What is everyone's take on this?

Ok I was just on the Ravenwood thread and it has We BELIEVE all over it. EVEN on their fence at the field. Piture.Look for yourself.SOOOOOO did you take someone else's slogan?? :lol: I BELIEVE you did :ph34r: Primetime is NOT a loser. He has been a winner all year :thumb:When did you start BELIEVING after the RIVERDALE game?

No coach shad said I bleive before the game and that is the school slogan

so obviously smyrna is a better rushing team than ooltewah. passing ooltewah is better. so should be a good game

I'm not seeing that. It easy to tell that Woods has been alot more effective in the Playoffs than Sonny has. Those stats are easy to see the difference.

I am not sure how you can say that Smyrna has a better rushing game though? The might have more yards per carry but that is it. Ooltewah's offense looks stout.

The funny thing is though that everyone is talking about Ooltewah rushing offense, which Smyrna actually averages better yards per carry than, and Smyrna's pass offense, which Ooltewah has way better numbers.

Very Interesting!!

I'm not seeing that. It easy to tell that Woods has been alot more effective in the Playoffs than Sonny has. Those stats are easy to see the difference.

I am not sure how you can say that Smyrna has a better rushing game though? The might have more yards per carry but that is it. Ooltewah's offense looks stout.

The funny thing is though that everyone is talking about Ooltewah rushing offense, which Smyrna actually averages better yards per carry than, and Smyrna's pass offense, which Ooltewah has way better numbers.

Very Interesting!!

Kinda what i was getting at. smyrna has less rushing yards but a whole lot less carries. this is going to be a great game. I just hope it doesnt end here

Umm the post you were refering to was made by a coach at our school. so yeah do ur research

Research has nothing to do with it. I have coached for years, but this guy's post has no merit. In fact, you have precisely made my point. Having coach in front of our names does not make a difference on a site where people are sharing their opinions. This is still two groups of people from two different schools basically supporting their teams.

Wow im gald Smyrna *F*** riverdale* lol and this game is goin to be good but in the end..i think Ooltewah will win...Smyrna can win if they stop Ooltewah RB #5...like our team (Cookeville High School) we could have beat them.but they came back in the 4Q (well mainly there RB) came back and made like 2 TD and there kicker kicked the FG to beat us by 3...so ya

If your team is Cookeville you dont need to be saying anything about Smyrna because u lost to Lavergne who Smyrna beat 24-0.

I BELIEVE!