Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

Records do NOT matter in THIS game or ANY other game for that matter as long as the players for both teams come out believing they can win. Ooltewah could be 13-0, 12-1, 4-7, or 1-12. Smyrna could be 11-2, 12-1, 7-6, or 0-13. It doesn't matter. What matters is now, the present. Not then, the past or the future. It's about how you are gonna win NOW. A matchup vs. Ravenwood or White Station (by the way they are that 4th team in the semis that everyone has forgotten about) isn't even a possibilty until we beat Ooltewah. Last time I checked, Smyrna's name nor Ooltewah's name were penciled in to that slot for the state championship.

It's ok to make predictions. Heck, if we didn't, coacht wouldn't be much of a site to see. But if predict you must, predict with respect. In other words, you can predict a blowout, but don't disrespect the other team by sayin they don't work as hard or aren't as "classy" as you etc... because that can come back to bite you in the booty and it will sting alot worse than you think. Just ask a Riverdaler. ;)

I BELIEVE

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imaowl are you on the team because you are very cocky. Lets see what happens on Friday to see if u still are talking them up. :D

Smyrna=Statechamp06, are you a Smyrna player? You seem to be the one that is cocky. :D All I see from Imaowl or anyone else for that matter that is an Ootlewah fan is nothing more than fans that are proud of their team and are rooting for them on Friday night. And I'm a Smyrna Fan! Lay off Owls fans, they are doing nothing less than what you are doing on here, well actually they are doing less, they aren't being jerks and running their mouth about how they are going to kill us on Friday night like you are. (At least not as rudely.) :lol: Owl fans understand that neither team really knows anything about the other, other than stats they can pull off of the internet. And they understand, along with OTHER Smyrna fans, that this is going to be a great game, hopefully. So lay off their fans. ( I can't believe that I have been pulling for Smyrna for the last 15 years and I am actually having to tell another Smyrna fan that he is cocky, and to leave the opposing teams fans alone!) ;) This is silly! Good luck to both teams Friday night!!!!!!!! :(

I BELIEVE!!!!!

Sean do you really BELIEVE that? ;) Go to the Ravenwood thread. That has been their slogan all year.It is on their fence! :lol:

Dude! Who cares who said, "I believe" first!?!?!?!?! What does it matter to you? Smyrna players and fans were "inspired" by those two words and we achieved a big win out of it. Just let us be. And Coach Shadowens didn't get it from freakin' Ravenwood, and if I told you were he got it from you probably would think it's stupid or "politically incorrect," for a coach to have the beliefs that Coach Shad has and the fact that he trys to pass these wonderful things on to his players. Just let Smyrna fans say what they want to say, espically since it has nothing to do with you. That WOULD be the RESPECTFUL thing to do. :D

Here is a little INFO for you fans out there. These stats are from the past 3 games in the playoffs. Very interesting....

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Sonny Gray 15-26-1-148 vs. coffee county

Sonny Gray 8-17-2-69 vs. LaVergne

Sonny Gray 3-8-1-92 vs. Riverdale

Total 26-51-4-306 51% eff. (4 INT's)

Jeremy Woods 10-14-0-230 vs. Science Hill

Jeremy Woods 7-12-0-87 vs. Sevier County

Jeremy Woods 8-8-0-124 vs. Farragut

Total 25-34-0-441 74% eff. (0 INT's)

The one thing that sticks out is the efficiency and INT's.

What is everyone's take on this?

Ok You Want Some Stats Last Three Games

Ooltewah Has Allowed 42 Points

Smyrna Has Allowed 27

And Yes Ooltewah Scores A Lot But So Does Riverdale And LaVergne....Combined Total Vs. Smyrna 7

So While Ooltewah Has The Potential To Score Seems To Me If The Bulldog Defense Shows Up Like It Has Been Than Ooltewah Will Be Frustrated

From Not Scoring And Could See An Upset Coming There Way.... ;)

I see a little history lesson is required here!

It all started with Coach Brian Rector before the season started in 2005. He asked his team to believe in him, the coaches, and each other. If they did, the team while have no doubts regardless of the situation. Coach Rector spoke of this during the QB club with the parents.

During the second round 2005 playoffs with Franklin, the Raptors were down 14 to 7 late in the fourth quarter. Things were looking a little bleak for the home team. Franklin was putting up a real fight and clock was running late into the fourth quarter. Ravenwood defense got the ball back to put the offense back on the field. During this time, two well know football moms in the QB club stood up and were yelling “WE BELIEVE!”. As they kept up with the chant, others joined in and before you know it, other people sitting in our section joined the chant.

Well, the rest is history. Ravenwood moved the ball downfield and score the touchdown to move with one extra point kick to tie the game. Our kicker has been good all year but not this time, the extra point kick went wide, leaving the score at 14 to 13 with less than two minutes to play. The Franklin crowd across the way was cheering loudly while our side went dead quite. Dreams of going to the next playoff round were looking real bleak.

With less than two minutes remaining and down by one point, what are you going to do? The only thing you can do, an onside kick. Franklin new it was coming as the Ravenwood coaches prep their players to stay confident, this game isn’t over! The two moms previously mention stood up and started yelling “WE BELIEVE!”. Others in our section joined in chant while the onside kick was started by Ravenwood.

The football is onside kick to Franklin short side of the field but out comes the yellow flag, OFF SIDES, five yard penalty. The referee moves the ball back on the 35. The two moms starts the “WE BELIEVE!” chant again, other join. The ball is onside kicked over to the Franklin side of the field but the ref’s flag comes out again, OFF SIDES, five yard penalty, move the ball back to the 30 yard line. Now this is getting to be too much, the anxiety of the moment couldn’t be more intense for both teams.

Coach Rector calls a time out to discuss the situation with his team. The “WE BELIEVE!” chant starts back up during the time out. The players go back out on the field but an adjustment was made to alignment of the players. This was not picked up by the Franklin coaches or players. The ball was kicked but in the opposite direction of the Franklin alignment. After the ball traveled past the forty yard line, a Franklin player tried to jump on the ball but it was too late, three Ravenwood players was their to scoop up the ball, Ravenwood recovers at the 42 with 58 yards to go.

Ravenwood drives the ball down the field within reach of the ten yard line and fourth down, with little time remaining. Coach Rector sends the field goal team on the field while Franklin tries to ice the kicker with timeouts. Again, the “WE BELIEVE!” chant gets rolling and the rest is history. The field goal is good. Ravenwood goes up 16 to 14 over Franklin and wins the game.

The onsite kick and driving down the field for the winning field goal was a defining moment for Ravenwood Football that propel them into wining the 2005 Class 5A Championship. Thus, the motto of “WE BELIEVE!” continued through the championship game into this year and through the playoffs. It has become the moniker of the Raptor Nation.

It is something special. Stickers have been produced. Yard signs have been put up allover the Brentwood and Cool Springs area. Homes and yards are decorated with the Motto. Everywhere you go throughout the local neighborhood, the signs are seen. In fact, the school has gotten complaints from the people thinking it was a religious statement.

Smyrna experience this first hand this year when the Raptors were down in the fourth quarter, yet came back to win. It was loud and clear – “WE BELIEVE!”.

It was written up the front page on the Tennessean sport section after the Antioch win in big capital letters. BELIEVE IT! The paper explained the loud unison voice of the Raptor Nation in the chorus of “WE BELIEVE!” during the fourth quarter of the game.

Raptor Nation slogan, “WE BELIEVE!” is a team statement, enforced by the belief in the team by the players, coaches, students, teachers, administrators, parents, fans, community, and each other. :usa: