#52 Jeff County Post

Topgun

Absolutely the best post that has been posted on any JC thread. More players need to speak up and take up for the team and school. Next years players also need to encourage more players to stay with the team after spring practice is over. I understand the numbers were pretty good at spring practice then they fell off. The players need to encourage each other to stick with it. Not everyone is a starter but with the number of injuries we had this year they probably would have at some point.

Great post. And good luck with your plans to attend the Naval Academy!!!

Coach T. Feel free to lock this one down before some idiot gets all negative about it and trys to stir something up. Thanks for a great site. I just wish it was used more positively for JC football.

Edited by Topgun

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Jefferson County High School and somehow have missed out on the school spirit! It's not that I haven't tried to have it. I had a lot of school pride in middle school. I was involved in sports in middle school, but did not even want to participate in high school. Not all students feel the same as #52. I will not say anymore than that for fear of getting the post closed since all the other posts have been.

I go to Jefferson County High School and somehow have missed out on the school spirit! It's not that I haven't tried to have it. I had a lot of school pride in middle school. I was involved in sports in middle school, but did not even want to participate in high school. Not all students feel the same as #52. I will not say anymore than that for fear of getting the post closed since all the other posts have been.

you are a loser.

The only one who has power over your feelings is YOU. That is a fact of life and not trying to be smart but the sooner you accept that and take power over your emotions the further you will go in life. Your high school experience is what YOU make of it. Just like anything else in life. You can let the negatives (students with no sprirt) take you down and have no school pride or you can do like #52 and others, and do your part in what ever sport or school activity you choose.

The bottom line is don't let someone else dictate how you feel or what you do with your life. That decision is your alone. I hope you choose wisely. I know that if more students would catch the spirit it would spread like wide fire. I've seen happen before.

It's attitudes like this that are far too common and have a negative impact and things such as the football program at the high school. There is an obivious difference in interest at the middle school and high school levels. However, the situation should be reversed if anything. Why do students and athletes get to the high school level and feel no need to participate? I honestly believe that today's teenagers are simply lazy! Not all, but it is becoming more and more of an issue. It's sad to say, but there is only one way that issue can be dealt with and it starts at home. Where are the tough and hard working attitudes that flourished on the football team in the 80's and 90's. I'm by no means downplaying my teammates because I admire everyone of them, but we could have used some help the past two years. I'm not saying there is God-given talent throughout the school, but numbers are a must on any successful football team. It is safe to say that we lost several games due to a lack of depth.

I wish school spirit was higher than it currently is, but it's not all about that. It's also about life and challenging yourself by taking on multiple things at once and experiencing the family-like atmosphere of a team or group.

It's attitudes like this that are far too common and have a negative impact and things such as the football program at the high school. There is an obivious difference in interest at the middle school and high school levels. However, the situation should be reversed if anything. Why do students and athletes get to the high school level and feel no need to participate? I honestly believe that today's teenagers are simply lazy! Not all, but it is becoming more and more of an issue. It's sad to say, but there is only one way that issue can be dealt with and it starts at home. Where are the tough and hard working attitudes that flourished on the football team in the 80's and 90's. I'm by no means downplaying my teammates because I admire everyone of them, but we could have used some help the past two years. I'm not saying there is God-given talent throughout the school, but numbers are a must on any successful football team. It is safe to say that we lost several games due to a lack of depth.

I wish school spirit was higher than it currently is, but it's not all about that. It's also about life and challenging yourself by taking on multiple things at once and experiencing the family-like atmosphere of a team or group.

Congrats on going to the Naval Academy. We need a bunch more like you to turn things around. I have to disagree with your statement in regards to the laziness of todays kids. Are the students any different than the kids at MW or ME? Combined they had almost 200 players on their football team. How often do the coach's go through the halls asking kids to come out? I hope we can turn it around!! Go Pats!!

Congrats on going to the Naval Academy. We need a bunch more like you to turn things around. I have to disagree with your statement in regards to the laziness of todays kids. Are the students any different than the kids at MW or ME? Combined they had almost 200 players on their football team. How often do the coach's go through the halls asking kids to come out? I hope we can turn it around!! Go Pats!!

Having palyed for Coach U and his staff for three years, I feel that they do a sufficient job of encouraging kids to play. It's not that kids haven't tried to come out. I can't count the times that someone new came to a workout or practice only to not show up the next day. I was a freshman when Meadows was coach and experienced some of his workouts and they do not even compare to the current workouts. It can get hard! A lot a kids simply can't hack it!

Remember on thing with Mo East and West. Those programs are experiencing success at the moment... and Jeff Co currnetly isn't. Success breeds interest. Most kids only want a part of it when it's going good. They can't handle a little adversity.

Fans and parents are going to be the main reason for increase in numbers. Currently, most middle schoolers hear only negative things about the program due to previous seasons and recent events. We should be encouraging kids to play instead of downplaying the coaching staff and team. That is what it's going to take to get the Patriot spirit back into these kids.

And just for clarification, PatriotMan, I have not yet been accepted to the academy but hope to be. Just didn't want anything getting around that isn't certain yet.

Edited by Patsfb#52

Having palyed for Coach U and his staff for three years, I feel that they do a sufficient job of encouraging kids to play. It's not that kids haven't tried to come out. I can't count the times that someone new came to a workout or practice only to not show up the next day. I was a freshman when Meadows was coach and experienced some of his workouts and they do not even compare to the current workouts. It can get hard! A lot a kids simply can't hack it!

Remember on thing with Mo East and West. Those programs are experiencing success at the moment... and Jeff Co currnetly isn't. Success breeds interest. Most kids only want a part of it when it's going good. They can't handle a little adversity.

Fans and parents are going to be the main reason for increase in numbers. Currently, most middle schoolers hear only negative things about the program due to previous seasons and recent events. We should be encouraging kids to play instead of downplaying the coaching staff and team. That is what it's going to take to get the Patriot spirit back into these kids.

And just for clarification, PatriotMan, I have not yet been accepted to the academy but hope to be. Just didn't want anything getting around that isn't certain yet.

#52 you are quite a man,I feel like my school(sullivan central) is in a similar situation. It's not easy to go out and get excited every friday night when all you hear throughout the week is parents and fellow students(who could help the team) ragging on you everyday. Even though you find what kind of person you really are when you are faced with adversity,and it seems like both schools were faced with a ton of it this year.I wish Jeff County the best of luck rebuilding their tradition,and I also want to wish you the best of luck to get into the naval academy,you're far braver than I.

If what you say is true, than the Jeff County program is in a huge catch 22. Players won't come out till the wins go up, and the wins won`t go up without more players. I my own thoughts, but I`m wondering what you think is a solution to the catch 22 you laid out.

If what you say is true, than the Jeff County program is in a huge catch 22. Players won't come out till the wins go up, and the wins won`t go up without more players. I my own thoughts, but I`m wondering what you think is a solution to the catch 22 you laid out.

you shooting yourself in the face, that's the solution. it's science.