Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

I don't understand some of the things you're saying, because we have been underdogs in the last 2 games. Memphis East thought they were going to beat us too with all the bragging they were doing. I know Hillsboro record is 13-0, but if you look all through the playoffs undefeated teams have fallen to #4 seeds. You can throw the records out the window and just play football. We love being the underdogs but when it's all said and done we'll be ready for the Friday night lights. So let all the hype end and strap up the helmets.

Nice post..Go get em PATROITS from DHS TROJANS..We"re straping up the chin straps for the Musatngs of DL..Hit em Hard,Stick with your game plan,Play with Heart to Win! Go All West Tennessee teams and bring Home the Gold Ball ! Go MILAN BULLDOGS ,JCS EAGLES, DHS TROJANS , HENRY COUNTY PATROITS! :thumb:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be perfectly honest with you, Red Patriot, those refs missed calling "holding" on BOTH teams. Henry County and Fairley both got away with its fair share of penalties.

Missed calls did not determine the outcome of the game, however, not in the slighest...The best TEAM won fair and square. Henry County simply executed more consistently than Fairley.

The refs were a non-factor. That's exactly the way it's supposed to be....I applaud their efforts.

The holds he is talking about is defensive. Every time we pulled a tackle (trap) Fairley would "tackle" him thus exposing our RB which is what kept him to only 70 yds. But you are correct in your last statement.

Drewcephus,

Where did you get the FALSE idea that "Melrose's defense was supposedly unchanged from last year?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry County will need to duplicate that effort against Hillsboro.

I remember what you said TraderB. But there were plenty of others saying that the Melrose D was still intact. Stats also leaned that way. But you are what I consider the expert on Memphis football so that is why I tend to agree more with you, and why I said "supposedly" regarding their D.

But most importantly, you hit the nail on the head saying we need that same kind of effort to win against Hillsboro!

Hillsboro by 21 or more. See you Fri Night.

All four of our losses combined only add up to 25. Two of those teams were highly rated 5A teams. And you think Hillsboro will win by more than 21?!?!? :thumb:

No worries RedPride. It is going to be a great game that comes down to the end. We will be ready. I heard that we had the best Monday practice for the Patriots since the beginning of the season! The Big Red will be ready to roll!!!

Over the last several years Hillsboro has been to the finals more than anyone on this side of the brackets and are the only team in 4A besides Maryville to win a title. Mellrose has made it 2 or 3 times but could not beat Maryville any of the times. This Hillsboro team is every bit as athletic as any of them the last several years. The difference w/ this team is that they are not 1 dimensional at all which makes them very dangerous. They have a very good athletic defense as well. I commend everything that HC has done this year I just dont believe that they match up very well w/ Hillsboro. I am not pulling for either side, this is just how I see it.

For everyone who doesn't know.... Kevin38 is a coach at hillsboro who tends to hate on the old staff... I will not embarass him too bad by stating his name, but i jus thought all you should know

Roll Burro Train Roll

You originally said yes and then changed it. Why would a Hillsboro fan travel to see Henry County play? Did you suddenly remember you didn't see Henry County play? Are you basing your prediction on the weak schedule that your team has played? We are not Clarksville or Rossview and we are much better than Mt. Juliet. Give us some basis for your point spread if you have any.

You originally said yes and then changed it. Why would a Hillsboro fan travel to see Henry County play? Did you suddenly remember you didn't see Henry County play? Are you basing your prediction on the weak schedule that your team has played? We are not Clarksville or Rossview and we are much better than Mt. Juliet. Give us some basis for your point spread if you have any.

I have see Henry play and truth be known don't care much for them because of the old days. When I was in High school back when the dinasaurs romed the earth was beaten by a field goal that went under the post and was clipped so much in that game that I had to go to the hospital. With no call I might add. Basis is 13-0 and 9-4 and I have seen both teams.

You asked.

Edited by Footballfan15