Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

One of the preseason polls in Murphy Fair had Patriots in the Top 5 in State. After first 2 games there were several posts that eluded to the Patriots being way Over Rated.

Patriots played and lost the first game of the season to Ridgeway which is 1 more loss than Morristown, Maryville and Hillsboro combined. At this point we have a round tripper of loses. They have been looked at in the fan polls the last 3 weeks as the Underdog, an Overrated team who should be out by now. I bet this weeks will be 85-90% Hillsboro.

Polls are for politicans!

When the Patriots take the field Friday they have nothing to lose. Maybe that makes the Patriots more dangerous than people think.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an insider, I actually live between Memphis and Jackson but have been involved with high school football for 35 years and have seen many things, What HC has is truely special and is not obvious to the average fan of football. I bet that Hillsboro's coach knows what it is unless he thinks they are so good it does not matter, and I would guarantee that Melrose and East and Fairley know what it is. You red pride probably know what it is but just let it slide as the fact that HC is pretty good. Why are they so dangerous? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have a good guess as to what it is, but I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing. I am very curious as to your take. After the game, win or lose, will you let me know? If it is what I think, I have said it all year, but I know the HC players better than you so that makes me think we are not talking about the same thing, unless you are just able to see it. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Everyone else seems to think that Hillsboro is unbeatable, at least that HC can't do it.

I have a good guess as to what it is, but I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing. I am very curious as to your take. After the game, win or lose, will you let me know? If it is what I think, I have said it all year, but I know the HC players better than you so that makes me think we are not talking about the same thing, unless you are just able to see it. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Everyone else seems to think that Hillsboro is unbeatable, at least that HC can't do it.

Yes, I am curious too here. I am a pseudo insider I guess, but am not really sure what West TN is talking about. I know a few things as to why we are very dangerous, but can't be certain it is the same thing that either of you are speaking of...

One thing is for sure, Deep in the Playoffs is where Coach Gaddis performs best! He is fired up and has the troops fired up and believing!!! That in itself is DANGEROUS for any opponent!

they can and will do it, I have every confidence in Gaddis and the Patriots,

He who is not feared by his opponent, will lose the battle, and folks Hillsborro does not fear their opponent. They are invincable and can not be touched in their minds and in their minds alone. I have a news flash for them, the Patriots are the best team that they have played all year, and the best team that they will play all year.

HC will need to play a very physical defensive game, which we are capable of doing. Alot is being said of our secondary being pourous, which I can't argue with, but they are very talented as well. We play defense aggressively, both on the line and in the secondary, as I am not sure on the number of picks the Pats have this year but I know it is several. Point being, we have to bring our "A" game defensively for 2 halves, and if we do that we can play with anyone in the state.

The other thing we have to do is control the clock on offense. The best way to beat a talented offense??? Keep them off the field and play field position, don't put our defense in bad field position. The coaches I am confident will have the gameplan in place to win, we will have to execute it.

This is to go to the championship game, both teams are going to be excellent at this point, if not, they wouldn't be here. I think this is going to be a close game down to the wire, with HC getting it done at home. Go Pats, we need a big crowd.

On a side note, the tailgating is going to begin around 2, and rumor has it that WLZK will be doing a live pre-game remote from the tailgating beginning around 5, with continuing talk all the way up to game time. Sounds fun, so everyone get out and let's show the Patriots we are behind them all the way!

Edited by coolcat

Hey red pride and Cephus, it is great to be a Henry countian rigth now. The Patriots are rolling and I would not want to be in their path right now. It is very interesting following this season and knowing down where it counts what the future holds for this program. Coach Gaddis has had these young men believing since his arrival, that we would be at Murfreesboro, and now maybe the town will follow suit. I actually heard some oldtimers arguing that this team was not as good as the team in 1908. Well here is what I have to say to that type of crap, that team in 1908 lost their last game and we are still playing, support your team or choke on a drumstick. I do not care how good you think you were. If I am not mistaken, these folks for as good as they were in their own minds, they are just like Melrose, East, and Fairley, out of the picture.

HC will need to play a very physical defensive game, which we are capable of doing. Alot is being said of our secondary being pourous, which I can't argue with, but they are very talented as well. We play defense aggressively, both on the line and in the secondary, as I am not sure on the number of picks the Pats have this year but I know it is several. Point being, we have to bring our "A" game defensively for 2 halves, and if we do that we can play with anyone in the state.

The other thing we have to do is control the clock on offense. The best way to beat a talented offense??? Keep them off the field and play field position, don't put our defense in bad field position. The coaches I am confident will have the gameplan in place to win, we will have to execute it.

This is to go to the championship game, both teams are going to be excellent at this point, if not, they wouldn't be here. I think this is going to be a close game down to the wire, with HC getting it done at home. Go Pats, we need a big crowd.

On a side note, the tailgating is going to begin around 2, and rumor has it that WLZK will be doing a live pre-game remote from the tailgating beginning around 5, with continuing talk all the way up to game time. Sounds fun, so everyone get out and let's show the Patriots we are behind them all the way!

Great post coolcat! Couldn't agree with you more. Games like this often come down to strategy being executed and NO mistakes on the basics.

The tailgate thing just keeps getting better and better! Man I can't wait!!!

Behind stadium in parking lot or up by practice field???

Hey red pride and Cephus, it is great to be a Henry countian rigth now. The Patriots are rolling and I would not want to be in their path right now. It is very interesting following this season and knowing down where it counts what the future holds for this program. Coach Gaddis has had these young men believing since his arrival, that we would be at Murfreesboro, and now maybe the town will follow suit. I actually heard some oldtimers arguing that this team was not as good as the team in 1908. Well here is what I have to say to that type of crap, that team in 1908 lost their last game and we are still playing, support your team or choke on a drumstick. I do not care how good you think you were. If I am not mistaken, these folks for as good as they were in their own minds, they are just like Melrose, East, and Fairley, out of the picture.

Hey prophet! You are so correct. Great to be a Henry Countian!!! But be careful about those oldtimers, they are pretty tough! You know leather helmuts and no face masks!!! ;) And don't encourage them to choke on that drumstick cuz they just might do it at their age! :D

Behind stadium in parking lot or up by practice field???

I would assume the practice field because I saw the radio guys up there milling around this past Friday. Maybe coolcat or others know for sure. I think it would be great because all of the players would see Tons of the fans out there when arriving for the game!

Hey prophet! You are so correct. Great to be a Henry Countian!!! But be careful about those oldtimers, they are pretty tough! You know leather helmuts and no face masks!!! ;) And don't encourage them to choke on that drumstick cuz they just might do it at their age! :D

I love what these people have done, but we are on the same team and we are certainly not competing against each other, their successes were grand, but ours are too, and being from here, why would they want to take away from what these kids are doing. In other words, why are they talking about hteir accomplishments, when they should be praising this team.

Someone told me this week that Henry County did something this year Football that may not have been done before. Someone correct me if I state a fact wrong.

Pats Ended up top team in West TN in 4A.

Grove ended up top freshmen team in West Tn ?

Inman won out in playoffs and became top rated Middle School in West TN.

The Grove I am not sure about.

Got to take it a little easy on Turkey Day, save some room for that BBQ bird on Friday.