chatt-town's best point guard

t-smith_15

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Herman may not be the best point guard in chatt but he's pretty high on the list. He'll turn out to be a much better player than Newsome or Olglesby.

Time after time I have said that there are no solid point guards in Chattanooga. But to me the best true point is chatt is Jahron Reynolds from Howard. He plays his role and is not very flashy and not a big scorer but he takes care of the ball

Brandon Herman may not be the best point guard in chatt but he's pretty high on the list. He'll turn out to be a much better player than Newsome or Olglesby.

Better than Oglesby? Are we talking the same Oglesby that is going to Clemson? I have a feeling you are way off base, but I haven't seen the Herman play. What grade is he in?

Time after time I have said that there are no solid point guards in Chattanooga. But to me the best true point is chatt is Jahron Reynolds from Howard. He plays his role and is not very flashy and not a big scorer but he takes care of the ball

I saw that article about Michael Ford in the paper yesterday. He said he wants to change.

T-mac, please understand me that I'm not bashing your post. I just want to offer an opinion from watching Howard's press.

There are several solid point guards in Chattanooga. But to break Howard's press, a solid point guard isn't all that is required. You need a solid BACKCOURT. That's 2 to 3 guys with a big man in the middle.

While Jahron is good, I wouldn't think he is the best because in the 4 or 5 games I've seen Howard play, he doesn't handle the ball that much. When Satterfield is in the game it's usually him. Now with Dominique back he'll get less time. He's becoming more of a shooter. He nailed several shots against us. Backbreakers.

And he's not going to play ACC ball next year either. ;)

Is Oglesby in Chattanooga?

Sure he is. Bradley Central... next county up... his stats are in the Chattanooga paper. Why not.

1. Terrance Oglesby, Senior, Bradley Central

2. Russell McNeil, Senior, Soddy Daisy

3. Stephen Cook, Sophomore, Chattanooga Christian

4. Dee Newson, Senior, Temple

5. Travis Smith, Senior, 21st Century

Just kidding about number 5. :D