undefeated left in 4a

West TN football

In doing a little bit of probing today, it is interesting that most of th teams well all of the teams left in 4a that are undefeated have played less than a challenging schedules, starting with Hillsboro, ranking 53rd out of 60, then there is Maryville in at 36, and Mo West at 35.

Now for some of the teams that finished with strong records and are out of the playoffs,

Fairley 60th

Springfield 59th

Melrose 57th

Rossview 55th not really strong but wanted Hillsboro to know who they beat

Red bank 49

Cleveland 41

There is something to be said for a team that goes undefeated, not many people get to experience that, but with a loss coming in the early rounds of the playoffs, one should not be surprised after not being chanllenged all year, by yes, weak scheduling.

I never could understand the strong scheduling before, but now I understand. If you make it to the playoffs with a few losses against highly rated teams, all the "undefeated" teams with not so strong schedules, tend to take you lightly.

Great coaches understand the psycholoy behind this sort of thinking, and it is being proven to be right. I would certainly like to hear other's comments regarding this.

Go Henry County Patriots!!!

Well, I'll speak on behalf of Maryville with just a statistic. I do believe it is 96 out of 98 games they've won over the past some 6 + years, so if you want to think they're a pushover, go ahead, but I don't think there is a coach in Tennessee that wouldn't like having 96 wins. Besides, Maryville's non-region opponents are the likes of Alcoa(2A but you bet that most teams won't schedule Alcoa) Willy Blount who is a rising 5A force and Heritage who has been better than past years I think...don't hold me to that on Heritage. Maryville's region certainly was down compared to previous years, however they did beat those region teams like they should have, playing the starters for the first half and then the first drive of the 3rd quarter in most cases. Please find me a team that can do what Maryville did to Halls this year, scoring 35 points in a manner of 7 some odd minutes with 4 touchdowns during that span on just 5 plays. They're that good.

In doing a little bit of probing today, it is interesting that most of th teams well all of the teams left in 4a that are undefeated have played less than a challenging schedules, starting with Hillsboro, ranking 53rd out of 60, then there is Maryville in at 36, and Mo West at 35.

Now for some of the teams that finished with strong records and are out of the playoffs,

Fairley 60th

Springfield 59th

Melrose 57th

Rossview 55th not really strong but wanted Hillsboro to know who they beat

Red bank 49

Cleveland 41

There is something to be said for a team that goes undefeated, not many people get to experience that, but with a loss coming in the early rounds of the playoffs, one should not be surprised after not being chanllenged all year, by yes, weak scheduling.

Teams that are good will have an easier schedule on computer rankings because of their success. In the computers they are better than everyone else. Take 5a Soddy Daisy this year. They have the same schedule as Ooltewah but they play Red Bank and we play Cookeville. Soddy had the hardest schedule in 5a while Ooltewah was around 45 or so because Soddy isn't as good as Ooltewah. Basically the worst teams have the hardest schedules...

Teams that are good will have an easier schedule on computer rankings because of their success. In the computers they are better than everyone else. Take 5a Soddy Daisy this year. They have the same schedule as Ooltewah but they play Red Bank and we play Cookeville. Soddy had the hardest schedule in 5a while Ooltewah was around 45 or so because Soddy isn't as good as Ooltewah. Basically the worst teams have the hardest schedules...

I finally get to agree with Ima. I would also like to point out that due to Ootywah's success in football, more people in Tennessee can spell Ootywah. :thumb:

Basically the worst teams have the hardest schedules...

Do you mean that If a coach wanted a better team he should have weaker schedules? :thumb:

When I look at the two column rankings on Coacht I just see Left Column as a Means to End. The End being Murfreesboro. The Right Column means What? The reason I say what is, If HC runs table they would still only be 3rd/4th on that Ranking. IMO these Rankings are not a measure of a teams worth just a interesting ingrediant thrown in.