Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

So true!!

I have got some personal messages from some friends asking why I was down on D7A this year. I am not, although it is easy to pull against Jackson County with the bird flu running his mouth. But even he has a point occasionally, not often, but occasionally. I will admit he probably thinks the same about me, but he is wrong. Ha ha. I will say this, the Jackson County coach will deserve a raise if he can get this young team past region. They were just too good last year and they lost most of that group. Everyone has to rebuild occasionally. Even the devils.

RBS should be there again. If everyone will remember, I was probably yelling the loudest before the season began last year about how good they were. The 3 times I have seen them over the last 2 weeks, they appear to have lost something. How many impact seniors did they have last year? Plus their coach is the whinniest coach i have ever seen. He reminds me of Fred Shelton, the current coach at Lexington Alabama, formally of Marshall County. He coached at MC (I believe), in the 60s and 70s when it was 3 on 3 BBALL. He won a state championship at MC but since he has started trying coach 5 on 5, well, he has not had as much success. His AAU teams have done well, although he did take over a team already formed by myself and David Tully of Rogersville. But back to the point, he cries about every call too.

All that being said, RBS will probably get it together and will be there at the end. They have too much talent not too. However, I do not see them beating Summertown and probably not Collinwood. But if the rumors are true, they will not do well against the NCAA teams in the post season. HA. ClarkRange seems to have it back this year too and is playing the schedule of a state champion.

And do not forget the sleeper teams. There are 2 that no one is really talking about. Come January, there will be another name being mentioned loudly for Player of the Year award too. Wait and see.

And do not forget my friends at Chapel Hil. They simply get it done.

Good luck to all. Stay healthy and god bless you all. B)

RICHLAND RULES :(

Careful young man you might get a spankin one of these days! From what i've heard Summertown is the real deal this year no doubt and so is C'range. I will admit that JC is definately not the same team that won 4 straight AA State Championships. Only time will tell if this young team can jell together and make a run at the state tournament. My point is this, in this region because the region out of Chattanooga is so weak, all a team has to do is make it to the region finals and they are almost assured of making it to the state and once there anything can happen as Forrest proved last year. Clay Co. will be much improved this year and as we all know if not for a technical foul in the waning seconds of last years region semi's with RBS they could have been at the state tournament as well so who knows what will happen come tournament time? Talking about the state tournament now is like talking about who's going to win the Super Bowl. You have to get there first and then you can talk about it. Hopefully that made some sense for even the smallest of minds like Mr. Ropers. :thumb: just kidding ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBS isn't playing as well as a team as they were last year at this point...it's not that they're being selfish, but they forcing things and trying to rush things when last year they were extremely patient and waited for open passes and shots to develop...Individually they're better, but when they start playing well as a team they're going to be a scary team...They're to experienced and like roper said they're to talented not to improve...I've been waiting for this team to come up and play together since they were 7th and 8th graders...

pt12, I can't say I am eagerly awaiting your newest poll because my team stumbled a bit this past week. Clarkrange did the Buffalo stomp on us after going toe to toe for a half we obviously "fell off the wagon" in the second stanza! Then we travel down to the Lady Dragon's Tourny to right the ship......dropped AAA Powell like we had put the Lady Buff "thing" behind us, but then lost a tough one point game to a good AA Loudon Club. I still think we are top ten, but in the end will be far more important than November! I look forward to your comments, and maybe some other teams took it on the chin as well?!?! By the way, Oliver Springs looked just like us performance wise, they, too, lost a heartbreaker to Loudon by 3 and then, pasted Powell. Looks like O and OS are going to have another "spirited" fight for the top spot in the district! :lol:

Kazzy