best teams in Mountain Lakes for next year?

athlete269

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether Stubbs goes to ETSU and leaves the helm to Wampler or if he stays the Vikings will be tough. I think J County will be an even bigger force in 07' and SEHS will be the new boy. They played South very tough. If they lose Nelson then their fate relies on the replacement. If he stays...look out. Central...with the same enrollment numbers as South they should have involvement. Not a contender. North...fighting until the bitter end as always. 'Betsy...all depends on coaching. Unicoi...unsure. South will gain an impressive increase in speed in the backfield and from the WR Corp. The rising Soph class has the fewest numbers but the most intensity...Willingham, Beadle, Neely, Fletcher, Bradshaw, Little Kitz, Columbo, and hopefully Greer (most say not). The rising Frosh will be the potatoes and a slice of dessert...Ty, Anderson, Boobie Miles, Mr. Watterson. The Senior class will rival the 05' Seniors for leadership ability and athleticism. The passing game will not miss a beat...Curts banner year. The running game will increase 100% in terms of productivity. The defense will be a work in progress. The O line will have a combination of strength, speed, and agility but will need time to gel. The kicking game increases in functionality by 25%. Go Willingham! The only issue will be age. South will be a bit young.

To be the team you've got to beat the team.

I think you have to give the early nod to the Rebels. Look out for the Longhorns though. They've got a tough and talented quarterback who is only going to get better along with the young talent around him.

But never, and I mean NEVER, count out Tennessee High.

Go Vikings!!!

Regardless of whether Stubbs goes to ETSU and leaves the helm to Wampler or if he stays the Vikings will be tough. I think J County will be an even bigger force in 07' and SEHS will be the new boy. They played South very tough. If they lose Nelson then their fate relies on the replacement. If he stays...look out. Central...with the same enrollment numbers as South they should have involvement. Not a contender. North...fighting until the bitter end as always. 'Betsy...all depends on coaching. Unicoi...unsure. South will gain an impressive increase in speed in the backfield and from the WR Corp. The rising Soph class has the fewest numbers but the most intensity...Willingham, Beadle, Neely, Fletcher, Bradshaw, Little Kitz, Columbo, and hopefully Greer (most say not). The rising Frosh will be the potatoes and a slice of dessert...Ty, Anderson, Boobie Miles, Mr. Watterson. The Senior class will rival the 05' Seniors for leadership ability and athleticism. The passing game will not miss a beat...Curts banner year. The running game will increase 100% in terms of productivity. The defense will be a work in progress. The O line will have a combination of strength, speed, and agility but will need time to gel. The kicking game increases in functionality by 25%. Go Willingham! The only issue will be age. South will be a bit young.

ok whoever made that post must have been watching some other team this past year. Yes the upcoming sophomore class is ''decent''...but i wouldnt go on with all this hooplah u are in this post. taylor fletcher played in 1 game...2 games if u want to count playoffs...i dont think 1 game is enough to say he is great...hunter beadle...could be a decent lineman for south next year...if he can come down off of his cloud he is on...the starting as a sophomore has 100% gone to his head...and he has no reason to be that way...little kitz...heck of an athlete...watch out for him to play both ways...greer...is useless...a washed up has been from middle school...thought he was bad until he got to south and got showed up and went cryin home to mommy...im not saying this to trash any players...because believe me...south will be running to make it the 3peat this year...but saying this senior class will match the one of 05...u gotta be crazy...that is the best group of seniors south has ever had...and ever will....so bottom line...all these kids daddies on here raising their sons and sons friends up to be all nation players or w/e need to save it...talk if u know wat ur talkin about...if not...read tri cities sports and stay off the message boards here :thumb:

South will still be awesome. Tn High will still be awesome. Those are given, their offseason workout and conditioning programs and coaching are too good for them to not be. Johnson County will be tough,really fast,and will get after you. They will lose Atwood but i'm sure that Leonard kid will run just as hard as Atwood. After that,its a toss up. Unicoi is losing some of their best players,Betsy is losing Smith,their heart and soul of the team,but the group of soon to be seniors had a great freshmen and jv team, Central has talent,just depends if they can turn it into some victories,they gotta start believing,and East has that good qb,some good wr's, good coaching,and some good lb's. North I'm sure will find 5 huge linemen and fight like crazy.

It oughta be fun next year,I hope there are no offseason inuries and everyone can get better.

JC Longhorns were young this year. They are loosing 6 Senior Starters: Jesse Atwood, Ryan Humphrey, Derik Stout, Robbie Moody, Zak Reece, and Anthony Yoggerst. All of these guys are awesome athletes. Robbie also plays baseball. Zak plays basketball. Heard a rumor Jesse is gonna play baseball too.

ok whoever made that post must have been watching some other team this past year. Yes the upcoming sophomore class is ''decent''...but i wouldnt go on with all this hooplah u are in this post. taylor fletcher played in 1 game...2 games if u want to count playoffs...i dont think 1 game is enough to say he is great...hunter beadle...could be a decent lineman for south next year...if he can come down off of his cloud he is on...the starting as a sophomore has 100% gone to his head...and he has no reason to be that way...little kitz...heck of an athlete...watch out for him to play both ways...greer...is useless...a washed up has been from middle school...thought he was bad until he got to south and got showed up and went cryin home to mommy...im not saying this to trash any players...because believe me...south will be running to make it the 3peat this year...but saying this senior class will match the one of 05...u gotta be crazy...that is the best group of seniors south has ever had...and ever will....so bottom line...all these kids daddies on here raising their sons and sons friends up to be all nation players or w/e need to save it...talk if u know wat ur talkin about...if not...read tri cities sports and stay off the message boards here :thumb:

i dont think 1 game is enough to say he is great I don't recall saying he is great. I said, "South will gain an impressive increase in speed in the backfield and from the WR Corp". There will be 5 RB's that will be faster than Fletcher and 4 will be rising Soph's. None however will be quicker or more intense. hunter beadle...could be a decent lineman for south next year...if he can come down off of his cloud he is on...the starting as a sophomore has 100% gone to his head...and he has no reason to be that way I think this is bit extreme. Beadle had a rough time of it this season and maybe he was a little bit airheaded but you will see him focus next year and at 6'5"/6'6" 260 he has the potential to be college material. I feel he will step up to the plate. Lil' 'Kitz has tons of heart and I hope it effects the rest of the team. thought he was bad until he got to south and got showed up and went cryin home to mommy Greer is lasy yes indeed. But I don't know if I would have crusified him as you did. He is a natural born linebacker and could be D1 material if he could get his head on straight. He's also a very good fullback. Now I agree that he probably won't have the gumption to come back to the gridiron but with young men like him I feel compelled to provide extra effort. His home situation is maybe not quite...Colonial Heights...and that is the problem many times. It's the car, the drugs, the partying...a total lack of dicipline at home. Now when you are 25 you must be responsible for yourself...but when you are 16 I think you need parenting and if it doesen't exist then that's when someone (coach, teacher, other parent) should step in and provide support and/or critisicm instead to just write you off. but saying this senior class will match the one of 05 I said, "The Senior class will rival the 05' Seniors for leadership ability and athleticism". I did not say they would match the 05' seniors...I said they would rival them. Rival alludes to an attempt to equal and only an attempt. all these kids daddies on here raising their sons and sons friends up to be all nation players or w/e need to save it...talk if u know wat ur talkin about...if not...read tri cities sports and stay off the message boards here I think you are the one who needs to stay off these boards until you can learn constructive critisicm. im not saying this to trash any players But trash is exactly what you've done. I'm going to assume you are sincere and with that I would like to admonish you to carefully read the posted words before you lash out at somone with a jagged edged post. I have been guilty of this in the past but I think our words are much better recieved when they are a bit more diplomatic. Yes, sometimes you want to scream and I have done so also but most times it only makes us look childish.

compusatman knows what he's talking about.

I can tell you that much.(excluding the "Colonial Heights" environment thing. The Gardens aren't all bad.:thumb:)

I know fletcher is the real deal. I can tell you that from seeing the freshmen games last year.

Greer would be a heckuva fullback. IF he'd get his priorities straight.

The entire line will be a big factor next year; in my opinion, they will have the largest influence(by far) on how we do next year.

My major concerns for next year are:

• line
  • defense
  • size
  • team's mentality, how hard will they work for it?

compusatman knows what he's talking about.

I can tell you that much.(excluding the "Colonial Heights" environment thing. The Gardens aren't all bad.:thumb:)

I know fletcher is the real deal. I can tell you that from seeing the freshmen games last year.

Greer would be a heckuva fullback. IF he'd get his priorities straight.

The entire line will be a big factor next year; in my opinion, they will have the largest influence(by far) on how we do next year.

My major concerns for next year are:

• line
  • defense
  • size
  • team's mentality, how hard will they work for it?

Sorry man, bad choice of words on my part. His home situation is maybe not quite...Colonial Heights...and that is the problem many times. I guess what I meant is that it is the spoiled brat mentality that sometimes exists in Colonial Heights. Even though he lives in the Gardens I think he pretty much does as he pleases. But I have to reitterate that I feel he is crucial to our defensive power. And alternating with Chris Collins at FB...I mean that is a Bulldozer and a Tank. He is a bad boy problem child that requires a special coach with special communicational skills to get through this kids thick skull. I personally have complete faith in him and I talk to him as much as I can. I don't think I have hit the nerve yet though. And you know it is always 50/50 Colonial Heights/Sulivan Gardens and even though the Freshman year is difficult, they eventually learn to walk hand in hand and work together.