all region for 5-3a

coach5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all invitees to the all region banquet are encouraged to stay for the lipscomb university basketball game

Steve Potts, Lipscomb University Athletic Director has made arrangements for the All Region 5 Team members and all of the Coaches and Assistant Coaches to attend the game immediately following the dinner. Allen Arena is very close by to the Dining Center on campus with quick and easy access to the facility. Help spread the news. Love to have as many as possible to hang around on campus for a bit longer.

The Lipscomb Bisons are playing Kennesaw State. It is an important A-Sun Conference Game.

The Region 5 3A Dinner for the 2006 All Region Team has been set for Thursday January 25th in the dining hall at Lipscomb University. Region honorees and their coaches are the ONLY ONES INVITED. We will try to post some pictures on the Region 5 page after the event.

Man....I sure was disappointed that they didn't invite the ol' Bulldog. I could have stirred up enough stuff to see an all-out scrimmage that would have been extremely memorable....but...I guess today's world is very tame!!....just joking....congrats to all honorees....believe me...in this region they deserve it.

Man....I sure was disappointed that they didn't invite the ol' Bulldog. I could have stirred up enough stuff to see an all-out scrimmage that would have been extremely memorable....but...I guess today's world is very tame!!....just joking....congrats to all honorees....believe me...in this region they deserve it.

As I looked over the room last night at Lipscomb University, I wondered what it would be like to put these guys on the same squad and played the other All 3A Region teams. From top to bottom, this would have to be one of the best. Of course the people in Region 2 would say that it would be no contest with their team, I would probably dare to say different. Boy what a room last night! There were the skill people, the special teams, the lineman, DB's and backers.

A word of warning of those who are currently reading these posts during the off season. Region 5 3A will only get better next year.

As I looked over the room last night at Lipscomb University, I wondered what it would be like to put these guys on the same squad and played the other All 3A Region teams. From top to bottom, this would have to be one of the best. Of course the people in Region 2 would say that it would be no contest with their team, I would probably dare to say different. Boy what a room last night! There were the skill people, the special teams, the lineman, DB's and backers.

A word of warning of those who are currently reading these posts during the off season. Region 5 3A will only get better next year.

Vandy1.

Hard to judge that one of course, but interesting. I would agree with "one of the best." I would also agree that the "people from Region 2 would say that it would be no contest with their team." I am Knox area fan, not partial to 2A, 3A, 4A, DII or to Knox area football for that matter. Saw a few All Region teams published over this way, but not a 2-3A one, so I really could not match it up for you. FWIW though, the 3A All State (TSWA) breakdown of number of players by Region went:

Region 1 1

Region 2 10

Region 3 8

Region 4 6

Region 5 6

Region 6 3

Region 7 7

Region 8 0

Here are the Region 5 Selections.

DL had Elrod SR, Doris SR, and Lehning SR.

Giles had Edgmon SR.

Cheatham had Beach SR.

Creekwood had Darnell SR.

I think Region 2 has more because of the recent success in Championship games, and the high profile players Rogan, Smith, Anderson, etc. Not throwing stones. It is what it is. 8 of the 10 were SRs, so the Region might be down on the whole next year. Although the 2 non seniors are from Fulton (JR LB Bubba Stokes whom you will remember from the championship game..could'nt resist that) and Catholic (SOPH DL Zak Tait) who will reload like Lipscomb. I have been very impressed with Lipscomb in the Chamionship games. Don't get to see them otherwise, but they play the game the way it is supposed to be played. Who are the top underclassmen coming back in Region 5? Congrats to all the kids that made it, and work hard to get back.

Vandy1.

Hard to judge that one of course, but interesting. I would agree with "one of the best." I would also agree that the "people from Region 2 would say that it would be no contest with their team." I am Knox area fan, not partial to 2A, 3A, 4A, DII or to Knox area football for that matter. Saw a few All Region teams published over this way, but not a 2-3A one, so I really could not match it up for you. FWIW though, the 3A All State (TSWA) breakdown of number of players by Region went:

Region 1 1

Region 2 10

Region 3 8

Region 4 6

Region 5 6

Region 6 3

Region 7 7

Region 8 0

Giles had Edgmon SR.

Cheatham had Beach SR.

I think Region 2 has more because of the recent success in Championship games, and the high profile players Rogan, Smith, Anderson, etc. Not throwing stones. It is what it is. 8 of the 10 were SRs, so the Region might be down on the whole next year. Although the 2 non seniors are from Fulton (JR LB Bubba Stokes whom you will remember from the championship game..could'nt resist that) and Catholic (SOPH DL Zak Tait) who will reload like Lipscomb. I have been very impressed with Lipscomb in the Chamionship games. Don't get to see them otherwise, but they play the game the way it is supposed to be played. Who are the top underclassmen coming back in Region 5? Congrats to all the kids that made it, and work hard to get back.

Hightower and O'Neal from Marshall Co.

Vandy1.

Region 1 1

Region 2 10

Region 3 8

Region 4 6

Region 5 6

Region 6 3

Region 7 7

Region 8 0

Giles had Edgmon SR.

Cheatham had Beach SR.

I think everybody knows by now how the All State Teams are selected (TSWA and the TFCA) MY thoughts on strength are based on this years run in the Playoffs. The 4 Region 5 Teams fared very well against the West Tennessee competition. Giles County gave Lipscomb everything they wanted in the Quarterfinals. Then Lipscomb thumped Dyersburg in the semifinals.

With the exception of Montgomery Central, the Region was very balanced and competitive this past season.

Thanks Buford Pusser.

Yeah, Don'ta will generate up some big yards this year. I know he rushed for over 1000 as a SOPH, and then some this year. How big/fast is he? What kind of grades? What about those same #'s on Cavalla as well?

Thanks again.

Hightower is a legit 6'3 245. I see him as a real D1 prospect as a DE. However, he did not play that well in 06 and has yet to live up to his full potential. He has all of the tools to be great. You just don't see many kids with his size, speed, and athletic ability. I don't know about his grades. Seems like a good kid.

O'Neal is about 5'9 180. He is a really good athlete that has not grown much in recent years. Great high school player and could play D1AA or D2 as an athlete.

Lipscomb Mustangs already have some material to put on their Pre-season Bulletin Board.

The Plaques given to the Mustangs All Region Team last night at the Region Dinner had a major misspelling. David Lipscomb was spelled "L-I-P-S-O-M-B. Who's error was it? The co-ordinating coach? The Dickson engraver? A plot by the entire Region 5 Teams? Perry March? Glover? Cleric Al Sartr? Or could it be.....Big Country? Could this just be an oversite, no proofing? Could it be a dig at The Lipscomb Football Program. Could it be determined that Lipscomb might consider it a sign of disrespect? Who knows at this point.....

I bet it was just ol Bulldog69.

Random ruminations: Whatever happened to Zorro's Child?

Edited by vandy1

Lipscomb Mustangs already have some material to put on their Pre-season Bulletin Board.

The Plaques given to the Mustangs All Region Team last night at the Region Dinner had a major misspelling. David Lipscomb was spelled "L-I-P-S-O-M-B. Who's error was it? The co-ordinating coach? The Dickson engraver? A plot by the entire Region 5 Teams? Perry March? Glover? Cleric Al Sartr? Or could it be.....Big Country? Could this just be an oversite, no proofing? Could it be a dig at The Lipscomb Football Program. Could it be determined that Lipscomb might consider it a sign of disrespect? Who knows at this point.....

I bet it was just ol Bulldog69.

Random ruminations: Whatever happened to Zorro's Child?

ok...ok...it was me.....you got me on that one....send them all back to me and I will correct the spelling........I have another way to spell it.

By the way...I didn't think Coach Macadams allowed bulletin board material....just fundamental football.

ok...ok...it was me.....you got me on that one....send them all back to me and I will correct the spelling........I have another way to spell it.

By the way...I didn't think Coach Macadams allowed bulletin board material....just fundamental football.

The Lipscomb Bulletin Board has alot of stuff on it. There are quotes from Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, Grantland Rice, Vince Lombardi and much, much more...Oh, you could probably find an interent quote or two from Bulldog69.

How would you spell......on second thought, I retract my potential inquiry.