UNAKA

superman 23

Pickett county is a really good team though, If im not mistaken return all 5 starters.... and Harriman Would beat unaka, and so would wartburg... I tried to be nice but your talking like Unaka is unbeatable. Well they must not be too good losing to a very good Pickett co team by 17? OZ has Dan Schultz possibly one of the best juniors in the state. Harriman has 4 three year players. Along with Julius Goins, who is coming off a football injury although I don't know how serious that is. Cosby lost Blakenly and Manning... Their two best players by far last year. So If you think Cosby is to much better than Oz, I think your wrong. but I don't know. We will see down the Stretch. And I think Wartburg and Harriman both win their sub-state games if both teams stay healthy. but It's a lil too early to tell. But Unaka in no way has as easy as A chance as you lead on they have.

You must not get out and see much basketball if you think Schultz is one of the best juniors in the state. And yeah, Wartburg should look good in district play: They play in a God awful district. Any team with a little talent could do good in that district. And if Harriman expects to beat Cosby, they'd better be play A WHOLE LOT better than 12 points better than Oakdale. And Unaka got beat by Pickett County. So what? A few years ago when they won state, Pickett absolutly drilled Unaka.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was much worse than the score indicated. Pickett was up 64-37 and already had substituted a lot. Unaka left in some starters against the PC 3rd team and made up some points. Why does 44 start for Unaka? He's short, slow as mollassas and can't shoot.

There was a lot more talent than he has sitting on the bench. I'm glad he was in though, he helped Pickett pull away quickly. It was 18-11 after one, 38-22 at the half and 59-35 after three. But the last time Pickett beat Unaka this bad, Unaka won the state with at least 14 losses...so, you never know.

[/qu

He doesnt usually the starting point guard Grindstaff was benched for disciplinary reasons. Most of the time Peters(#44) only comes in to relieve hime but does give some quality minutes for a sophmore. How did Roper and Church play in Pickett Co.?

If anyone has seen Unaka play this year which I have had the chance twice you can tell early or late this is not the same Unaka team we have seen in the past.

They are having trouble with turnovers and from what I hear there is no production from there bench at all. Does anyone think that this could be a down year for Unaka or will they finish strong like most of them have achieved in the past?

If anyone has seen Unaka play this year which I have had the chance twice you can tell early or late this is not the same Unaka team we have seen in the past.

They are having trouble with turnovers and from what I hear there is no production from there bench at all. Does anyone think that this could be a down year for Unaka or will they finish strong like most of them have achieved in the past?

Which two games did you see?

Which two games did you see?

Ranger87 you seem to have some info on Unaka. They look small. Do you guys have any size in the sophomore or freshman class and who are they. I was wonder what is coming up because I think you guys have four or five seniors.

I agree they always start slow but will get better later in the season.

Ranger87 you seem to have some info on Unaka. They look small. Do you guys have any size in the sophomore or freshman class and who are they. I was wonder what is coming up because I think you guys have four or five seniors.

I agree they always start slow but will get better later in the season.

We are average sized, we rarely have anyone over 6-4. The boys make up for it by playing hard. As far as I know there isn't any major height on it's way from the underclassmen but you never know. The way they eat somethings got to give, one of them may shoot up 6" overnight. We only have 3 seniors this year.

We are average sized, we rarely have anyone over 6-4. The boys make up for it by playing hard. As far as I know there isn't any major height on it's way from the underclassmen but you never know. The way they eat somethings got to give, one of them may shoot up 6" overnight. We only have 3 seniors this year.

from what i've seen playing hard might bee a stretch.and the three seniors aren't really acting like seniors but it's early,and i'll be patient just had higher expectations for these seniors than what i've seen so far.they better get it in gear or it's going to be gone.

Wut happened to Sheets? Is he cumin back?