Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

I think Ravenwood will come out on top for a couple of reasons.

1. We BEAT Smyrna during the regular season and yes I know that they have a different team now but so do we. Michael Becker is ready to go now unlike then when he wasn't 100 percent.

2. We were here last year

3. Michael Ayers is the fastest man in the world

4. Our fan support is stronger

5. Coach Rector is a genius

6. Smyrna has ugly colors

7. We have more momentum

That is why I believe RHS will come out on top GO RAPTORS

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We BEAT Smyrna during the regular season and yes I know that they have a different team now but so do we. Michael Becker is ready to go now unlike then when he wasn't 100 percent.

7. We have more momentum

Nah, you should narrow this down a bit...

Take out 1,2,3,5,6,7. And then its left to the fans to win the game.

One thing that all teams from the state can take from this years title game is that you DO NOT have to win your region to get to the title game. For years I would have said at the colllege level that if you don't win conference you shouldn't be allowed to play for the national title. My thought process has changed because of these two teams. It really is who is playing the best ball at the end of the season. The regular season gets you there thats all you need...an invitation to the ball how you dance is up to you. Good luck to both teams lots of respect for both teams from Gallatin.

Hey Wave88,

We are back from Memphis and the trip was throughly enjoyed.

Since I got back, I see the board is real hot with the championship games talk. Since you are a voice of football experience and support of one of the state most successful football team over history, what do you think about Smyrna posting about the proclamation of being 2006-2007 State Champs before the game is played? I didn’t seem very smart thing to do if you really love and support your team.

well i know what happened last time..and i know what i allowed yall to do is to get to my head b4 the game..but since then i have "grown up"..if the best thing u can do is say ur coming after me again..then thats fine..but to the players..i have soooo much respect for yall..i am happy to b able to say i am a senior at smyrna high school and i was the 1st class to ever make it to the state..and with all that being said i could ask for a better opponet then ravenwood..goodluck to yall..and i hope the game is full of sportsmanship..bc the past is behind me..but i know aswell as everyone else that i will get bashed during the game saturday..sooo i am jus gonna accept it,but letting the fans know..i am a new athlete since that game..and everyone around our program understands that..

but..goodluck to yall saturday and i will b the first to tell yall, yall had an amazing season and everything yall have accomplished in 2 yrs really makes me look at ravenwood as a quote new dynasty beginning..so this will b the last time i look at this thread, i was jus told by other ppl that it was said, but i dont hate u for it..if i was a fan there too i would prob do the same thing knowing that we got to him last time..but this is football and my senior yr, and the 1st class to b able to say we took smyrna high to the state championship..so goodluck again, and may the best team win!

YES YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY!!! :thumb:

If I were Ravenwood I would be very worried about the "new and IMPROVED" underdawgs17. You won't see much of him on CoachT this week, but come Saturday you will see more than you ever wanted to see of him. He has stepped up BIG and we are all very proud!

GO DOGS!!!

P.S. "I BELIEVE"

Yeah, Josh Crouch has stepped it up BIGTIME. I'm really happy for that kid. Next time I see him, I'm going to let him know it too. He made a mistake, paid a price, and learned a lesson. That is what high school football is all about. The play he made to knock the ball out was a great hustle play and showed why you never give up on a play.

This thought about Ravenwood getting in his head because he responded on this thread is RIDICULOUS!!!! Josh posts regularly on this board and its neat to get the perspective of a guy who is a really good player on a great team. I hope he posts more often.

7. We have more momentum

I understand your post because you are a ravenwood fan. Let me counterpoint your points for a sec:

1. Riverdale beat us by 46 more points than Ravenwood did. Riverdale is sittin in the bleachers or at home right now.

2. Last year was the 2005 Raptors. This is the 2006 Raptors.

3. Ooltewah had lots of speed. Who won that other semifinal game? :thumb:

4. Did you see how many people from all over Rutherford county supported Smyrna on Friday night!? About 9000 out of 10,000+ fans.

5. Coach Shadowens is pretty smart if he can stop the almighty Riverdale wing t in only his second game seeing it and beat an undefeated Ooltewah team that was a complete unknown to us until we got the game film and were able to hold Marshall to 39 yards rushing.

6. Red, black, and white isn't very orginal. Chicago Bulls, ATL Falcons, Louisville, Rutgers, St. John's, St. Joseph's, Oak Ridge, Northern Illinois, Troy State, South Carolina, FSU, etc.....

7. I guess beating Riverdale whom we have never beat before and did it after losing to them 49-0 a month earlier (I could go into greater detail but don't wanna waste time) OOOOR beating the only remaining undefeated team in 5A pretty much neutralizes the momentum between SHS and RHS.

oh i hope he gets on here more often too....Raptor Nation will get in his head more. Noone disrespects Raptor Nation by giving us the finger, fondling himself, or charging our fans after the game....

What are you going to do about it? Type some stuff to attempt to get in his head on CoachT? Your part of the Raptor Nation meaning you will be in the stands, so I'm sure your the least of his worries.

On a side note... Many Smyrna football players actually cheered for Ravenwood from what I understand last year after they were put out.

What are you going to do about it? Type some stuff to attempt to get in his head on CoachT? Your part of the Raptor Nation meaning you will be in the stands, so I'm sure your the least of his worries.

On a side note... Many Smyrna football players actually cheered for Ravenwood from what I understand last year after they were put out.

All Smyrna fans and players were cheering for Ravenwood last night too! We were getting nervous when we heard the score was 28-21 but glad you guys pulled off the win. It has made this 'ship alot more exciting. :thumb: