Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "believe" argument is kinda silly. Both teams have had the kinds of success that flows from a deep belief in themselves. Their players believe and their fans believe. Ravenwood's use of the phrase may have a little more history but that shouldn't keep the Bulldogs from believing in their team as well. To see how they've risen up after the drubbing by Riverdale inspires belief and huge amounts of respect.

I've also been eyewitness to the Raptor playoff run and championship in 2005 and have seen Ravenwood fight through a tough start to this season only to end up back at the ship. Raptor fans never waivered in their belief in the great group of kids who wear the red, black, and gold.

Some on this thread will talk smack and others may take offense at the use of a slogan. I'm just willing to wait a week and let this whole thing play out on the field.

Well said.

One thing that all teams from the state can take from this years title game is that you DO NOT have to win your region to get to the title game. For years I would have said at the colllege level that if you don't win conference you shouldn't be allowed to play for the national title. My thought process has changed because of these two teams. It really is who is playing the best ball at the end of the season. The regular season gets you there thats all you need...an invitation to the ball how you dance is up to you. Good luck to both teams lots of respect for both teams from Gallatin.

I'm guessing you meant back to back which will not be true either..BA did it in 95-96 to set up the split.

You're right Wave88 but we'll be happy to share that record with our neighbors here in Brentwood. 4 years of varsity football, 3 years in the playoffs, 10-1 playoff record, and second trip to the big game is something no one else has done. We Believe.

You're right Wave88 but we'll be happy to share that record with our neighbors here in Brentwood. 4 years of varsity football, 3 years in the playoffs, 10-1 playoff record, and second trip to the big game is something no one else has done. We Believe.

One heck of a way to start a program...hats off to you for the success that your program is having.

Edited by wave88

The "believe" argument is kinda silly. Both teams have had the kinds of success that flows from a deep belief in themselves. Their players believe and their fans believe. Ravenwood's use of the phrase may have a little more history but that shouldn't keep the Bulldogs from believing in their team as well. To see how they've risen up after the drubbing by Riverdale inspires belief and huge amounts of respect.

I've also been eyewitness to the Raptor playoff run and championship in 2005 and have seen Ravenwood fight through a tough start to this season only to end up back at the ship. Raptor fans never waivered in their belief in the great group of kids who wear the red, black, and gold.

Some on this thread will talk smack and others may take offense at the use of a slogan. I'm just willing to wait a week and let this whole thing play out on the field.

Agreed, Both teams believe in themselves. This game will be decided on the field by 2 excellent squads with the utmost respect for each other. Like i have said before too both teams. Leave it on the field. Have no regrets. :)

One thing that all teams from the state can take from this years title game is that you DO NOT have to win your region to get to the title game. For years I would have said at the colllege level that if you don't win conference you shouldn't be allowed to play for the national title. My thought process has changed because of these two teams. It really is who is playing the best ball at the end of the season. The regular season gets you there thats all you need...an invitation to the ball how you dance is up to you. Good luck to both teams lots of respect for both teams from Gallatin.

reason I have wanted a playoff in College Football since I was a teenager. You never know who is going to beat who on a given day. In High school or college. Using the BCS (and some folks here who want Tennessee high school football changed) system, Ravenwood and Smyrna may not have been in the mix. Ravenwood for the 4th place finish and Smyrna for a loss to a 4th place team and a 49-0 loss at home.... But that is what make high school sports great. Kids can do some phenomenal things and it is fun to watch!