Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

Go back to school and this time read. Raptors are birds of prey not dinosaurs. Real bright there buddy!!! Unbelievable. See ya Saturday. Don't bulldogs as a species have short nasel passages therefore becoming winded sooner than other dogs. Except maybe the pug.

The whole mascot thing to me is rather funny. "My mascot's better than yours"...

Come on now. Also, why the hatred, the nasty remarks. Its a GAME.... someone has to lose, someone has to win. Ravenwood is a great school. Smyrna is a great school. Both have great teams(hence, they are in the finals of the TSSAA playoffs). Instead of throwing mudd, why don't we just celebrate our teams success and cheer them on when they play. All this negative talk is really making everyone look kind of silly.

Saturday is going to be great.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole mascot thing to me is rather funny. "My mascot's better than yours"...

Come on now. Also, why the hatred, the nasty remarks. Its a GAME.... someone has to lose, someone has to win. Ravenwood is a great school. Smyrna is a great school. Both have great teams(hence, they are in the finals of the TSSAA playoffs). Instead of throwing mudd, why don't we just celebrate our teams success and cheer them on when they play. All this negative talk is really making everyone look kind of silly.

well said

thank you so much! that needed to be said

1. Ok So I Didn't Know Raptor Was A Bird But Honestly How Many People Outside Of Ravenwood Would Automatically Think A Raptor Yeah That's A Bird. :thumb:

2. I Highly Doubt "Everyone" In State Thinks Ravenwood Has Better Fans

3. With Money

4. We May Not Have A Decathalon Winner But Overall We Have The Faster Team

5. Josh Who? And No You're Not

6. The Hardest Hitting Linebacker In State Is Josh Day....If You Don't Believe That Just Wait Till Saturday

7. Ok You Did Beat Us Last Time You Got Me There

8. Which Is Why You Beat Us

9. As Far As Creativity Goes I'm Not I Guess. But The Fact Remains We Do Believe More

why are you being so hostile? last time i checked, this is a football game, not a word war

if we can get past that, it's gonna be a great game!

Hope they make some thermal "believe" shirts cause it will be cold on Saturday.

Is this Smyrna's first shot at the Gold Ball?

Yes it is. Hard to get there too often when you are playing in the same Region as Riverdale! :thumb:

This is sooooooo good. So many are on here arguing that don't know that much about the teams that are playing. Now put down the cell phones and actually WATCH the game for once.

Smyrna you finally made it there. Now make the most of it! :lol:

After all these many years, what has changed for Smyrna to be in the Championship game? Better Talent, Better Coaching, or both?

Is this a one-year thing or can we expect Smyrna to be the "top dog" (or should I say top Bulldog) year in and out in Region 4 since the Riverdale monkey is off their back?

Ravenwood themselves look like they will be reloading every year. They might start off a little slow as the replacements find their way into the line-up but they will get there in the end.

Edited by rapbwood

Thank you for welcoming to the student section, you can be sure I will be there, but I don't have a Smyrna shirt or anything so not sure what to wear lol.

You could buy one. :thumb: Lol i'm just playin. It doesn't matter if you wear something Smyrna or not. As long as you're there for support, everything's cool. B) We need all the support we can get for this one! :)

well i know what happened last time..and i know what i allowed yall to do is to get to my head b4 the game..but since then i have "grown up"..if the best thing u can do is say ur coming after me again..then thats fine..but to the players..i have soooo much respect for yall..i am happy to b able to say i am a senior at smyrna high school and i was the 1st class to ever make it to the state..and with all that being said i could ask for a better opponet then ravenwood..goodluck to yall..and i hope the game is full of sportsmanship..bc the past is behind me..but i know aswell as everyone else that i will get bashed during the game saturday..sooo i am jus gonna accept it,but letting the fans know..i am a new athlete since that game..and everyone around our program understands that..

but..goodluck to yall saturday and i will b the first to tell yall, yall had an amazing season and everything yall have accomplished in 2 yrs really makes me look at ravenwood as a quote new dynasty beginning..so this will b the last time i look at this thread, i was jus told by other ppl that it was said, but i dont hate u for it..if i was a fan there too i would prob do the same thing knowing that we got to him last time..but this is football and my senior yr, and the 1st class to b able to say we took smyrna high to the state championship..so goodluck again, and may the best team win!

Josh.. i just want to say your an amazing kid.. you have a lot of talent and you have grown up since that game.. you said you weren't goin to look at this thread again which is probably smart but dont let them get in your head.. they are jealous.. go out there and play your game.. dont worry about everyone else.. you know that ALL of smyrna supports you and loves you!!!!

I'm sorry to break into this lively discussion of dinosaurs, birds of prey and we're better fans than you, but is anyone in the Raptor nation concerned about the defense? Its amazing to be in the finals after giving up 28 or more points per game for the last three games. That's putting a lot of pressure on a young quarterback to score enough points to keep up. There's only so many 21-yard TD passes you can throw on 4th and 6 before the odds catch up with you. Based on our record against both teams I'd have to say Smyrna, but there's something about Rector and his magic kool-ade that makes the Raps hard to beat. If their defense can keep it close I'll have to go with Ravenwood. Should be a great game.

I miss playing the likes of Gallatin and Oak Ridge. I miss the good game discussion and some friendly insults. The posting on this forum topic is absolutely the worst. All I get from these posting from Smyrna is a bunch of school student talk and a wrestling coach who I would think would be busy with the start of wrestling season. It’s so bad; the kids can’t spell the Smyrna Quarterback name. It shows no respect to one of your better athlete by not spelling his name correctly.

I figured most schools have an e-mail network, school announcement, and news bulletins to get out the word on championship week activities. Ravenwood slate is full of activities and uses this method to get the word out. Smyrna has to use CoachT to get the word out to the community. The head spirit leader and cheerleader for the football team is a wrestling coach. I can appreciate the job he is trying to do but he doesn’t seem to be getting much help from the parents, students, alumni, and teachers.

Lost Old Dad talks about pep rally on another thread and how many schools don’t have them anymore. I’m sure most schools have a pep rally. I glad to see Smyrna has their prep rally with the bonfire. Ravenwood has their without the bonfire. Williamson County School doesn’t allow bonfires on school property due to the liability as the result from Texas A&M bonfire disaster. Bonfires are real fun or use to be. Thank you Texas A&M for ruining the fun for most colleges and schools.

I guess everyone knows the old saying about the spirit of the bonfire. Once the bonfire is started, the team will play with spirit as the flames continue to burn brightly until the end of the game. Let the fire die down before the end of the game, the team spirit will die with the flame. Now you know why the Texas A&M bonfire was so big and the team dominated during their bonfire days. Look at the Aggies football team now. The Aggies haven’t been dominate since