Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

You use to be such a caring fan. What happen to all the love?

I'm gettin a little too anxious over here, that's all. :D

Just a little tired of alot of Smyrna and Ravenwood people talking about stuff that has nothin to do with the football game, which is the reason we are even on this site to begin with.

I probably have to go back to like page 8 to find a conversation pertaining to the game.

What are everyone's thoughts about the GAME on Saturday? Not about the opposing side's fans, their mascot, their income, the way they dress, their attitudes, all of the stereotyping needs to stop. Just the game, that's all I care about.

Edited by jmu031

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwww, admit it you are just hopeing the girls bare their chest! :D

'If' they do they will have the good grace to shave a big 'S' there in the hair to show their school spirit. :D

Now before anyone gets upset, I AM JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will get you on TV for the broadcast and sports news on TV for having the most spirited fans.

I bet if Riverdale was in this championship game, a few chests would be bare with a Big W (The W stands for Warriors, not Women).

I'm gettin a little too anxious over here, that's all. ;)

Just a little tired of alot of Smyrna and Ravenwood people talking about stuff that has nothin to do with the football game, which is the reason we are even on this site to begin with.

I probably have to go back to like page 8 to find a conversation pertaining to the game.

What are everyone's thoughts about the GAME on Saturday? Not about the opposing side's fans, their mascot, their income, the way they dress, their attitudes, all of the stereotyping needs to stop. Just the game, that's all I care about.

I agree with you 90% but there is a need for 10% good humor. It seems when anyone wants to talk about the team, it goes nowhere fast. I’ve mention this in my previous post.

I would like to discuss the Ravenwood O-Line versus Smyrna D-Line. I know it is fashionable to talk about the skill players and they deserved the attention but games are won in the trenches. If the opposing lines don’t match up well, then RB can’t get through the hole and the QB get rushed or sacked. This is one area Ravenwood excel in.

The O-Line is a beastly bunch and anchor by two excellent tackles that’s handled everything throughout the playoffs. The guards and quick and agile while the center is pitching the ball back to the QB and rarely makes a mistake. They work as a seasoned unit. They will beat on the defense all game. Generally, the defense will start to wear down throughout the game. By the fourth quarter, the O-Line has their way with the defense. How can Smyrna defense match up to this season O-Line of Ravenwood?

I have made this my last post before each game and I think it is appropriate, we can discuss on here all we want but in the end it is about the players from both teams. The ones who started in over 100 degree heat in the summer.

Good luck to both teams regardless of the outcome the following applies

It is not the critic who counts:

not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again,

because there is no effort without error or shortcoming,

but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly,

so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat

Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by 82cat

If you think you are beaten you are.

If you think you dare not, you don't.

If you think you'd like to win, but you think you cant,

It's almost certain that you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you've lost.

For out in the world you'll find,

Success begins with a fellow's will.

It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are.

You've got to think high to rise.

You've got to be sure of yourself,

Before you can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go,

To the stronger or faster man.

But sooner or later the man who wins,

Is the man who thinks he can!

Author unknown

WE BELIEVE! RAVENWOOD RAPTORS, 28-17

well do u think the score will be high or low.....its one of those things that is a tossup....i cannot remember if i read this on a post or an article... both teams did not see what the other team is capable of doin bcuz of the last matchup being windy and all but i know it is hard to make a prediction but do u think it will be a high scorin or low scorin game.....

This is my game analysis coming from my 2nd period class.

Ravenwood vs Smyrna for the 5A Championship Saturday night at MTSU 7:00.

Smyrna is coming in on a emotional high and should be VERY pumped for the game. Maybe, too pumped? I think personal fouls, maybe excessive celebration even might be a problem in this game. Emotions will fly high in this game hopefully no one will get ejected, or get any penalties. Rodriguez Wilks is coming off what is possibly his best game ever, I dont think this game will be as big for him as it was against Ooltewah. Look for Ravenwoods defense to be tested on the Ground to set up the air attack in four spread. This game will be HIGH scoring maybe just for one team but it will be higher for one team obviously. To be honest, I think this game will be a blowout. Ravenwood is a good team, playing great right now, I just do not think that Ravenwood will be able to keep up with all the athletes on Smyrna's offense. All this information and I havnt even talked about the defense. Josh Day has been so scary on defense, he has been a BEAST. This game will come down to Smyrna's ability to stop the QB. Last year no one was really able to stop T.C., that is quite obvious of course, but I think the key to stopping Ravenwood is keeping the QB in check. Remember the last time they played, Ravenwood only put up 15 points in the last quarter when they were pulling everything out of the playbook. If it wasnt for penalties the game could have gottin out of hand when Smyrna fumbled, then got around 5-6 penalties on one drive, and one of the penalties got a TD called back. If you werent at the game and got a second hand analysis from a Ravenwood opponent you might not have even heard this. Should be a good game for the 1st quarter- maybe the til the 2nd half. But I believe in the second half it will get ugly. Josh Crouch will have a HUGE game and also many huge plays. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win Saturday night with no injuries.

Smyrna 42

Ravenwood - 21

Smyrna wins state for the first time!

Edited by t3a cups

YES YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY!!! :unsure:

If I were Ravenwood I would be very worried about the "new and IMPROVED" underdawgs17. You won't see much of him on CoachT this week, but come Saturday you will see more than you ever wanted to see of him. He has stepped up BIG and we are all very proud!

GO DOGS!!!

P.S. "I BELIEVE"

ummm.... to josh. you could not have "changed" your sportsman ship that fast. but good try. our fans hate you regardless and whether you want it or not we will FOR SURE get into your head AGAIN. so watch out and as you say when your kissing butt... "let the best team win" oh and for utcgolf we arent worried. we have stepped up our game ALOT so your team will be seeing more of ours then you did in week 4.

ummm.... to josh. you could not have "changed" your sportsman ship that fast. but good try. our fans hate you regardless and whether you want it or not we will FOR SURE get into your head AGAIN. so watch out and as you say when your kissing butt... "let the best team win" oh and for utcgolf we arent worried. we have stepped up our game ALOT so your team will be seeing more of ours then you did in week 4.

all class

rhs has barely thrown any screen passes all year so the rhs coaches will see that smyrna can't stop a screen pass and they won't be able to do anything about it. The only reason rhs is putting points on the board is because becker sees a broken coverage every now and then and lobs the ball up to his recievers. ive seen smyrna play a few times now and ive seen few if any broken coverages from their defensive backs. im not favoring any side by any means but i do think that the gray+wilkes combo is way too strong for the rhs defense. i think shs will take this one.

Brian Marshall is not on RHS team he made the screens go for more yards than a average back could.