Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

get over it. its a bunch of high school kids who just won a state championship, one of the biggest accomplishments of their life so far. of course their emotions will get the best of them, good or bad. none of you understand what it takes to become a state champ. just eat your crow and let it go, goodness.

oh since none of us do :thumb: do u NO !!!! :thumb: i do

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to first and for most say CONGRADULATIONS TO ALL AT SMYRNA, NOT JUS THE TEAM, BUT FTHE COMMUNTITY AND ALL!!

ITS ALL FOR YALL AND THE SUPPORTERS,

as for the fans, someone on here said it was hard for the players to hear what the fans were sayin..yea it was..i can say i heard 2 chants the whole night..and it was in warm ups..one when we were strechin and when we were doin wr drills, i would like to say , i am proud of ravenwoods fans!!

it shows great prid in ur school to try to get in a players head,bc we all know..fans help dictate the overall play of the team..although some chants where towards me and sonny, the team coaches and fans helped us during the week to understand and kinda simulate what was coming..and i think that helped us at the time the game came around to jus laugh it off..

our fans..THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT..DONT FEEL LIKE U LET US DOWN BY SAYING SOMETHING..IT WAS ALL IN FUN..AND WE KNOW THAT RAVENWOOD FANS AND SMYRNA FANS ARE SOME OF THE BEST AROUND AT SUPPORTING THEIR TEAMS..ITS UNDERSTANDABLE..

but i would like to say to the ravenwood coaches and staffa dn players, that during the game..eveyone who was out there DID NOT, talk trash one bit!!

and i aplaud the both teams..bc what i saw from the players was nothing less than respect for both teams for being at the point they were at..the state title game..

but the play from the bulldogs was mainly influenced by the way we were imbarrassed homecoming night!!

hats off to ravenwood on a great season, and a true dynasty they have starting ath ravenwood!

the game was like a dream, it was everything our senior class could work for, and i would like to state on the matter of the team goin to the hats and student section also..i got my hat first..and it was right by the student section..me and sonny got it first, then the rest came, and on the tape u actually see me and sonny shaking hands, so it wasnt the whole team,but the reason why they were over there was bc the hats were really on the 15 yrd line right infront of yall..what was said or taugnted i dont know, bc i was gone by then talking to newspaper and shaking hands, but if anything was said i am sry, but the actions were there mainly bc of the pre-game warmups.and ravenwood bashing our team, and we got tired of it, i know i had probably everyone on the staff and team come to me and say we r here for u this time, we have your back, and the support and love i recieved from the team and city helped me through this week, bc i disccrased myself last time, and for them to allow themself to overlook that and see my pain that week, thank you!!

thank you more than everything,

i didnt get on here all week and this is my final thought of the game..

conclusion..the game was exactly waht i expected from the players, nothing but respect for ravenwood from us..and the starters and ppl who played never talked trash that i saw, and it was jus a heart filled game, with high standards and emottions running high! ravenwood congrats on a great season, i am sure yall will b back next yr, u have a great player in ur qb coming back, and i expect the same results bc coach rector is a great coach and can get his team back, thank u to the team and players form both sides, it capped off my football career, and i will never suit up again most likeily, what better way to go out than on top!!

again sry if we hurt yalls feelings, i think it was jus the thrill of the 1st ever championship, and i would like to take the blame for being a senior and allowing it,

get over it. its a bunch of high school kids who just won a state championship, one of the biggest accomplishments of their life so far. of course their emotions will get the best of them, good or bad. none of you understand what it takes to become a state champ. just eat your crow and let it go, goodness.

This guy can't stand it when teams other than his wins anything. He is living on all the Maryville threads right now saying how he would love to play Maryville and Hoover Alabama among others. He said on one thread that many of Maryville's Championships were won "back in the day" when they have won seven in the last nine years, yet he vehemently denied having any sour grapes. There is no need in pointing his jealously out to people on here. He is doing that all by himself.

This guy can't stand it when teams other than his wins anything. He is living on all the Maryville threads right now saying how he would love to play Maryville and Hoover Alabama among others. He said on one thread that many of Maryville's Championships were won "back in the day" when they have won seven in the last nine years, yet he vehemently denied having any sour grapes. There is no need in pointing his jealously out to people on here. He is doing that all by himself.

I believe i only posted on 1 maryville thread and close to half of the championships are back in the day that is alot but no i dont have sour grapes at all and i already defended smyrna on here and congradulated them and im not the only one who said how there is alot of ppl on here noe smyrna fans so get it straight there pal :thumb:

I believe i only posted on 1 maryville thread and close to half of the championships are back in the day that is alot but no i dont have sour grapes at all and i already defended smyrna on here and congradulated them and im not the only one who said how there is alot of ppl on here noe smyrna fans so get it straight there pal :D

Geez you are a piece of work. On the 4A thread for next year where someone picked Maryville 1, and 2 through 10 "everybody else" YOU put :blink::thumb:

On the Riverdale has an opening page you have called out everybody but USC and the Dallas Cowboys. You said you wish "we could play Maryville next year to see who the real dynasty is". A dynasty is not determined in one game. Most base it on championships which means you are in catch up mode as we speak.

Since the playoff system began in 1969 Maryville has won TEN championships. 1970,76,78,98,00,01,02,04,05,06. 70% (7) of those have come in the last 9 years. You have no idea what you are talking about or you are helplessly trying to slant what Maryville has accomplished as less than impressive. Either your math is horrible or other school's succes gets under your skin.

First let me congratulate Smyrna for their state championship. They have had many ups and downs this season and were lucky enuff to have a chance to avenge both their losses. Enoy this time and take pride in your accomplishments. With the honor comes unfortunately some hate from other schools and a target on your back. We have been there,.....and let me say it is worth the extra you have to go thru. Way to represent our region and our county. Celebrate to your hearts content!! I am thrilled to say that we lost to the state champs by a mere 6 pts. Congrats Coach Pipp.

As for Ravenwood, you have built a powerhouse program in a short period of time. That comes from hard work, dedication, and know-how. I really enjoyed watching your team last night. Your HC has done a fantastic job and is going to be a thorn in other team's sides for yrs to come.

I esp liked what I saw out of Laidlaw, your QB,and your LB. You guys fought the fight. You came up short this time, but you still have a gold ball and now a silver one. Some schools will never get either. Be proud of what you have been able to do.

Now, I am an old school kind of guy. I hate to see taunting in any way from anyone. I do not think SHS players had any business on Ravenwood's side. If they think that Ravenwood deserved this treatment for anything they did to SHS, you must realize you sunk to their level. Your fans deserved your attention.....not theirs. Learn from this.

I have always admired the heroic play of Sonny Gray. My respect fro him as a player and as a human being rose to a new level last night. I watched him play his heart out, not get rattled whatsover, and remain humble thru all the hoopla at the end. I also saw him personally congratulate each Raptor coach and shake their hands. He also was talking to the other Ravenwood players. I saw in his eyes his admiration for their program and hard work. I did not see a cocky kid. I know Sonny has gne thru some personal struggles in the last yr s with the passing of his father. I know he is living his life to make his angel in heaven proud of him., You can see in his actions that he realizes that everything can be gone in an instant and that he appreciates everyone and everything in his life just by the way the kid walks. Sonny is a MAN among boys. He deserves every good thing that life has to offer. A total and absolute CLASS ACT!! I am proud for you, SG!!

Both teams should be glad they have fans in the stands. I went to 2 Hunter Lane games this year and there was very little fan support in the stands.

Check out the 1A-5A Chanpionship threads and you will see some of the same complants about other teams fans.

Go to a FL Gator or Philly game and U will see what mean fans are.

I was at the game...and all I can say is that I was really upset before the game began. The Ravenwood section was chanting "It's all your fault" to Josh Crouch and applauded with great glee when Josh dropped a pass during warm-ups. Josh ignored them and then went about his business. I did my best to bite my tongue, as I felt Josh didn't deserve that kind of treatment.

After the game, Josh and his team mates came back to point out to the Ravenwood fans that their tactics did not work and showed them the results of the game. While I really didn't care for them doing this, I understand. How many of you would take the taunting and harassment during the biggest game of your life and then not want to retaliate. I don't know too many teenagers that would back down. Josh's team mates went with him to prove to the fans that they were supporting Josh, not to rub anything in Ravenwood's face.

My Dad always told me "Don't dish it out if you can't take it..." I believe the student section for Ravenwood was dishing it out, and didn't like the taste when it came time to "take it". Do I condone what either team did? No, but I think it is important for everyone to understand what really happened.

Congrats Bulldogs...don't let this ruin your celebration.

What would the Maryville coaching staff do if the Maryville players acted like the Smyrna players did after the game?

What would the Maryville coaching staff do if the Maryville players acted like the Smyrna players did after the game?

this isn't the first time u have come on here attacking smyrna. actually u make a habit of ripping other teams on the T. i guess the whole "throw the first stone" , "holier than though" things really ring true for u. have u been able to walk on water yet? at the rate u are going, that should be the next step. :thumb:

this isn't the first time u have come on here attacking smyrna. actually u make a habit of ripping other teams on the T. i guess the whole "throw the first stone" , "holier than though" things really ring true for u. have u been able to walk on water yet? at the rate u are going, that should be the next step. :thumb:

Could you do me one favor please bubba? Please pull up my post on where I attacked Smyrna or any other team. I would love to see them. And yes I have walked on water.