Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

Better come with a little bit more than just a ground attack. Trust me I've seen these boys play. Not one team has won a game, or even made a game close by running it on the Falcons. To win Lipscomb would have to pass 70% of the time, and they still wouldn't win.

<_< Then...I guess Lipscomb should probably just go ahead and hand over the Golden Ball to Fulton?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been expecting Lipscomb to slip-up all year, and they just haven't. Murphy Fair even picked Dyersburg to beat them on Fox Channel 17 here in Nashville, but it's just not happening. These guys are a heck of a football team. Fulton may have the headline players, but I'm telling you this Lipscomb bunch will be a handful for Fulton. This will be an excellent title game for sure. David Lipscomb's one loss, by the way, was to Goodpasture 20-13 in the first game.

I wouldn't claim a loss to Goodpasture because they are about to get drilled by a team fulton beat. So i am going to take fulton in this blow out.

This one should be a dandy to say the least. Fulton's great back, Rogan, showed what he's made of last night because he made big plays to kill Pearl-Cohn everytime it seemed like they had the momentum and were going to win. David Lipscomb survived a scare from Giles Co. and then rolled over Dyersburg like I thought they may last night.

3A is pretty easy to figure out now guys. One of the top four teams, Knoxville Catholic, lost to another one of the top teams in the quarterfinals. Pearl-Cohn deserved to be in the state semifinals but they just lost to an outstanding football team last night in Fulton. Now Fulton is looking to make it three great teams in three straight weeks. PERSONALLY, I HOPE THAT IS DOES NOT HAPPEN FOR THE FALCONS!!!! Take it as a sign of disrespect if you'd like to do so but I am a midstate man and I'll root for David Lipscomb to bring home the gold next weekend <_<

Roll On Mustangs!!!!!

The 2nd of E. TEnn. championships. Fulton BEATS Lipscomb.

The midstate is bringing it home in 1A with Friendship Christian & in 5A (Ravenwood or Smyrna). That means that we have three opportunities to be the class of the field this year.

Goodpasture vs Alcoa

David Lipscomb vs Fulton

Hillsboro vs Maryville

East-TN people better start praying for a sweep otherwise it will be the midstate doing all of the bragging next weekend <_<

Gary Rankin

Buck Coatney

George Quarles

Need I say more???

Come on, East Tn.!!! Bring 'em home!

Yes you are going to have to say more.

David Martin is a state championship head coach.

Glen McCadams has a few state titles as a head coach.

Scott Blade is unblemished as the head coach at Hillsboro which means perfection.

Now all you've done is compare championship coaches to championship coaches (in 2A & 3A anyway) :lol: That's kind of like comparing apples to apples <_<

The midstate is bringing it home in 1A with Friendship Christian & in 5A (Ravenwood or Smyrna). That means that we have three opportunities to be the class of the field this year.

Goodpasture vs Alcoa

David Lipscomb vs Fulton

Hillsboro vs Maryville

East-TN people better start praying for a sweep otherwise it will be the midstate doing all of the bragging next weekend :D

As my name indicates, I am a Middle Tennessee guy. However, I don't like our chances in these three games. The 2A and 3A games are carbon coby match ups. A disciplined wing-t team from middle TN playing an athletic team from Knoxville. Both MT teams will need to run the ball and run the clock...give the explosive players on the other side of the ball as few opportunities as possible. I like DL's chances better than Goodpasture's but I will be surprised if they both don't lose.

As for Hillsboro, I love how they have played this year. However, I give them the least chance at winning. Maryville has at least one BIG time player and their coaching will have them prepared to stopped everything that Hillsboro does well. Hillsboro's QB will be pressured big time. I see bunches of sacks and int's.

If these results occur then the obvious conclusion is: 1.) Knoxville area football is the best in the state (forget about the rest of East TN) 2.) Middle Tennesse football is a close second 3.) All the other areas are further behind.

Fulton-56

DL-----07

Alcoa-72

GP---- 00

Maryville-45

Hillsboro--21

East Tennessee is what its all about

I think you could be correct in picking the winners, but you are little too excited with the margins of victory. Alcoa and Maryville could have blow out wins, but I think Goodpasture and Hillsboro are too good to let that happen.

As for DL vs. Fulton, I like DL chances. If Fulton had beat PC by more, I would have been worried. Fulton certainly has some weaknesses. There is no doubt that Fultons individuals are much more talented than DL's. However, DL's team game is 2nd to none. I see DL running the ball and executing key passes when needed. They will have to have a big time of posession advantage to win. Defensively DL will be OK if they have early success on offense. If they can get ahead while at the same time making Fulton go three and out a couple of times, I think Fulton will start pressing and fall apart. Fulton does not appear to be disciplined enough to win that type of game. A lot things will have to go right for DL to pull out the victory. DL's defense needs to prevent Fulton's big first down plays from turning into huge touchdown plays! If they do that, I like DL in the upset.