Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

I decline the opportunity to make a prediction. I don't care much for style points I just want to win. I would take a victory in a championship game in decimal points if they counted them that way :thumb:

But for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Mustangs let me share some insight. To understand the Mustangs you have to understand that the most important player is is the one named on the back of the jersey -"Lipscomb". It is a culture personified by Coach McCadams and is more prevalent this year becuase of the great depth of experience. Lucas and Elrod will be starting their 44th game. Lehning his 43rd and Dorris his 40th. And a large senior class 26, boasts 17 starters most of whom, have played together since 5th grade. Win or lose there is something special about the heart of this team.

Fulton looks unstoppable. And Rogan certainly has the stat's to suggest that his is the best player in 3-A. And what a huge set of linemen. Some would think that the Mustangs would be better off to forfiet. But something tells me that they will show up and play their hearts out.

The Dyersberg Coach on Thursday said that Lipscomb was not the biggest, fastest or strongest team they had faced because there was so much more talent in West Tennessee. He may have been right. But after last night he said "they were better than I thought they were." I think that the rest of the state will be saying that this time next week.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fulton commits penalty's (like they did in abundance against Pearl Cohn), and they turn the ball over, this game will make a long night(or afternoon) for them. Sure Rogan will break loose for some big runs and will more than likely finish with around 200 yards rushing, but if they turn the ball over to Lipscomb, Lipscomb will take advantage of it. I'm pulling for Lipscomb.

Lipscomb-35

Fulton-21

I decline the opportunity to make a prediction. I don't care much for style points I just want to win. I would take a victory in a championship game in decimal points if they counted them that way :D

But for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Mustangs let me share some insight. To understand the Mustangs you have to understand that the most important player is is the one named on the back of the jersey -"Lipscomb". It is a culture personified by Coach McCadams and is more prevalent this year becuase of the great depth of experience. Lucas and Elrod will be starting their 44th game. Lehning his 43rd and Dorris his 40th. And a large senior class 26, boasts 17 starters most of whom, have played together since 5th grade. Win or lose there is something special about the heart of this team.

Fulton looks unstoppable. And Rogan certainly has the stat's to suggest that his is the best player in 3-A. And what a huge set of linemen. Some would think that the Mustangs would be better off to forfiet. But something tells me that they will show up and play their hearts out.

The Dyersberg Coach on Thursday said that Lipscomb was not the biggest, fastest or strongest team they had faced because there was so much more talent in West Tennessee. He may have been right. But after last night he said "they were better than I thought they were." I think that the rest of the state will be saying that this time next week.

KUDOS TO THE MUSTANGS FOR THEIR AWESOME DISPLAY OF EXCUSATING PLAYS LAST NITE AGAINST DHS TROJANS..I HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY HAVE PLAYED THAT WELL ALL YEAR OR NOT?? I KIND OF DOUBT IT !! ..IF SO THEY WIN THIS ONE !!! DEM WHITE CAN RUN ! BTYW ITS DYERSBURG NOT DYERSBERG :thumb: !! GO STANGS! :):)

KUDOS TO THE MUSTANGS FOR THEIR AWESOME DISPLAY OF EXCUSATING PLAYS LAST NITE AGAINST DHS TROJANS..I HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY HAVE PLAYED THAT WELL ALL YEAR OR NOT?? I KIND OF DOUBT IT !! ..IF SO THEY WIN THIS ONE !!! DEM WHITE BOYS CAN RUN !! BTYW ITS DYERSBURG NOT DYERSBERG :angry: !! GO STANGS! :):)

Yes you are going to have to say more.

David Martin is a state championship head coach.

Glen McCadams has a few state titles as a head coach.

Scott Blade is unblemished as the head coach at Hillsboro which means perfection.

Now all you've done is compare championship coaches to championship coaches (in 2A & 3A anyway) :thumb: That's kind of like comparing apples to apples :angry:

What it says is East TN Coaches have WAY more Apples........uh Championship rings!

Matt Elrod will run all over Fultons defense. Yes, Fultons defense is good, but Lipscomb offense line is better. They will form the holes that Elrods needs, and when you think he's running Brad Hunt will Bust out with a hige pass play to Zack Rogers, Fulton is going down.

This post reminds me of the `04 Alcoa/DL post where DL people where talking about how Rogers would have a field day with Alcoa.

Alcoa shut down Rogers, just like Fulton's Defense will shut down Elrod and Rogers Jr.! :thumb:

fulton barely beat a decent pearl cohn team... yea they weren't as good as they seemed and lipscomb has STOMPED everyone they've played this year.... fulton will need more than just a halfback to win this one lipscomb is just far better coached

mustangs 28

falcons 14

I'd say Pearl-Cohn was much better than "decent" now HOWEVER the thing that also needs to be said is that Fulton better knock off all of the penalties and unsportsmanlike nonsense if they want to win the state title next weekend. Lipscomb will play sound and fundamental football as always :thumb:

This game will be decided by who has the greatest TEAM, and not by who has the greatest atheletes. Have not seen Fulton play, but judging for what I've read and heard about their game with Pearl Cohen, Lipscomb's Team can beat Fulton's atheletes. The Mustangs play for each other and for their coaches and their school with great pride and love. Should be a great game to watch. GO MUSTANGS!!!

if elrod runs like he did against dyersburg im not sure if fulton will even be able to bring him down... im not sure if he was ever taken down on first contact and to talk about lipscombs pass offense they have the threats if they even need to use them only throwing once against dyersburg late in the game after putting up 42 points

why is this such a big topic??? If im not mistaking, DL got beat by a Livingston last year , another region 2 team that finished last this year...And since this years team is full of seniors that means they played last year....Fulton got alot of penalties last night from the worst referees in the history of high school football.. The game actually should have been 38-12 but touchdowns or would have been touchdowns got called back.... Its goin to be a blowout, just watch n see

Good luck mustangs from your friends the cougars across town, we are going to do are best friday night and would love to see you do the same on saturday.

don't let the massive amount of trash talking bother you guys. your gonna hear it, thats what they like to do and let's hope for their sake they can back it up.

oh, and middle tennessee is going to be the best ball no matter what. we have more people in state championship games and have already won 2 out of 3. friendship is pretty much a shoe-in and 5A is our's as well. let's just see if we can't bring some more home.

best of luck and we will be there rooting for ya!!!