Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

As someone who lived in East Tennessee for quite a few years... I know that Fulton is a strong program with good coaches, tradition, and a strong fan base. As a David Lipscomb parent, I know they too have a strong program with good coaches and tradition. Regardless of the winner, I hope it is a great game for the fans. Forget Alabama or Texas TV soap opera football... what about some good ole' Tennessee down your throat football ya'll??? I think this is game is really going to come down to coaching and preparation? Who has the newest bag of tricks that the other team won't expect??? Lipscomb is going to have to pass the ball on Fulton (which it can do, but hasn't had to much this season). Fulton is going to have to give the ball to unexpected players (not the stars...who will be double and triple teamed). Special teams and mental composure will be KEY. Despite the passion on this blog for blowouts in either direction... I hope everyone is wrong, and that this game shows both teams deserve to be in the championship. Good luck to both teams... safe trips to the families , friends and students. Most importantly I pray for NO INJURIES to any of these talented and motivated young men!! I hope this game shows that these teams could compete in any division (A through 5A).

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to fulton fans, yes rogan will get his yards he is a good back but lipscombs D will not give up 40 points as some of you think, their secondary tackles well and keeps people from breaking the long ones

Your right renegade3 lipscomb D won't give up 40 they will give up about 50.... :thumb:

Well... On one hand... You have DL with their power runner... On the other hand you have Fulton's Power/Speed defence. To be truthful I dont know what is going to happen on this Saturday, but I have the feeling somebody is going to get the Hit Stick put on them.

Denis Rogan 21 (STATE CHAMPS ONCE AGAIN)

David whoever 10 (FIRST LOSERS)

I am interested to see how Lipscomb's running game will go against Fulton. Fulton's D-line is huge and I still don't think many understand how fast they are.

Has Lipscomb got any speed to make them respect the sweep and counter game?

Lipscomb has no speed therefore fulton should not respect anything about there offense. Everyone should just assume Lipscomb can't run the ball. I hope this helps fulton in their game preparation.

I really don't understand how people could second guess the running defense of fulton...Catholic runs the same offense as lipscomb and has a top 10 back in the country (according to rivals) in harrison smith(Also was 3a Mr. football back)...In the last 3 games against fulton he walked away with less than 100 yards rushing...ONLY ONE player all year has went over 100 yards rushing this year against the fulton defense. I may be wrong but im pretty sure that not even shiverdecker, 2A mr football back gained 100. I remember in the championship fulton played with greenbrier, they had a mr football winner that was short 100 yards in roger hernden. Many of these same kids up front started that game. winters, mathis, hammilton, cobb, i think higgins also played but i dont think he started. The only player to get 100 yards on fulton rushing this year did it late in the 4th quarter against fultons JV squad. As turtle would say "Just keepin it real"

Now with that being said notice somethin...I never once downed lipscomb...BUT if lipscomb expects to win this game on the ground alone, they are in for some trouble...