Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

I had someone tell me last week when I was leaving the Fulton-PC game "now that's east-TN football for ya". If that induvidual only knew how much I wanted to choke him out right there by the track I promise you he'd have never said anything.

Big Country.

I thought that was you. I would have loved to stay and chat a little longer, but me and the rest of the officals had to get back to Knoxville. Whhoooaaa Nelly.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ruse?... Anyways I still think Fulton will win with somewhat of comfort after they take a decent 3rd quarter lead. I did a little more research on Lipscomb and they have a great program and certaintly deserve to be here. I think Fulton does have the advantage though in this game for many reasons. 1 They have played an EXTREMELY tough wing T team a couple of weeks ago. 2 Mr. Rogan and friends are probably out to prove a point that Fulton is the team and they will do anything to do that, especially after Rogan lost Mr. Football *which I see this year, but last year's choice was a joke.* 3 They have a great coaching staff which makes adjustments when needed, which will be a huge factor in this game. 4 They are not only playing for themselves, but for Kwalker. 5 They have atheletes out the you know what. 6 They have a well balanced running and passing game.

I think Lipscomb has a chance to win no doubt, but for them to do that I think they will be forced to pass the ball alot more *I don't know if they have that much height, but if they do that will be key.* Like I said for the Catholic game, this will come down to who makes the correct adjustments during the game and especially at the half.

3rd Quarter

Fulton 30

Lipscomb 10

4th

Fulton 38

Lipscomb 17

From a Giles County player, I can safely say that all the guys from GC are behind Lipscomb 110%. They are a classy bunch of guys who are really well coached and know how to lay the wood to you. I'll be there this saturday to cheer them on in the Blue Cross Bowl. Go Lipscomb!

DL- 31

Fulton-27

I don't know about everyone else, but the word that jumps out at me is "classy". Lipscomb just goes out and takes care of their business on the football field, and even opposing fans admire that in a program at the end of the day, even if you've spent 4 quarters pulling for your team to knock them off.

lol ruse?... Anyways I still think Fulton will win with somewhat of comfort after they take a decent 3rd quarter lead. I did a little more research on Lipscomb and they have a great program and certaintly deserve to be here. I think Fulton does have the advantage though in this game for many reasons. 1 They have played an EXTREMELY tough wing T team a couple of weeks ago. 2 Mr. Rogan and friends are probably out to prove a point that Fulton is the team and they will do anything to do that, especially after Rogan lost Mr. Football *which I see this year, but last year's choice was a joke.* 3 They have a great coaching staff which makes adjustments when needed, which will be a huge factor in this game. 4 They are not only playing for themselves, but for Kwalker. 5 They have atheletes out the you know what. 6 They have a well balanced running and passing game.

I think Lipscomb has a chance to win no doubt, but for them to do that I think they will be forced to pass the ball alot more *I don't know if they have that much height, but if they do that will be key.* Like I said for the Catholic game, this will come down to who makes the correct adjustments during the game and especially at the half.

3rd Quarter

Fulton 30

Lipscomb 10

4th

Fulton 38

Lipscomb 17

Hey Snap.

Don't know about that comfort zone bud.

Played a tough Wing T team. Check.

The staff makes good adjustments. Check.

Playing for KWalker. Check.

They have athletes. Check.

Balanced Run vs. Pass. ??? Screens. Yes. Stretch the field? No.

Rogan not getting Mr. Football. His teamates may play harder for him because of that. But he will play the same no matter what. He is a tough & classy competitor.

I honestly believe that this game can go either way. DL is very much like Catholic. They are tough, fly to the ball, well coached, physical, hard nosed, etc. Fulton better not go out there thinking that they are playing some privilaged bunch of patsies. They better go out there ready for a knock down, drag out, fight like they had with Catholic twice, and Alcoa once. If they don't, they will get their heads handed to them. The skill players (DB/WR, and especially the RB/LBs are very much like Catholic's. The OL/DL are also simmilar. DL's Gaurds are very good, and as go those Guards, will go that offense.

I just don't feel a 38-17 Final. I feel something more like a 20 to 14 with Fulton going 1/3 on 2 pt PATs. Rmember, if it goes down like that, a 21 to 20 in the other direction is possible. I am telling you, DL can beat Futlon.

Hey Snap.

Don't know about that comfort zone bud.

Played a tough Wing T team. Check.

The staff makes good adjustments. Check.

Playing for KWalker. Check.

They have athletes. Check.

Balanced Run vs. Pass. ??? Screens. Yes. Stretch the field? No.

Rogan not getting Mr. Football. His teamates may play harder for him because of that. But he will play the same no matter what. He is a tough & classy competitor.

I honestly believe that this game can go either way. DL is very much like Catholic. They are tough, fly to the ball, well coached, physical, hard nosed, etc. Fulton better not go out there thinking that they are playing some privilaged bunch of patsies. They better go out there ready for a knock down, drag out, fight like they had with Catholic twice, and Alcoa once. If they don't, they will get their heads handed to them. The skill players (DB/WR, and especially the RB/LBs are very much like Catholic's. The OL/DL are also simmilar. DL's Gaurds are very good, and as go those Guards, will go that offense.

I just don't feel a 38-17 Final. I feel something more like a 20 to 14 with Fulton going 1/3 on 2 pt PATs. Rmember, if it goes down like that, a 21 to 20 in the other direction is possible. I am telling you, DL can beat Futlon.

Fulton is too good- noone can beat them right now!

Fulton is too good- noone can beat them right now!

All these people posting that Fulton wins easily, I am questioning whether they are Fans or not .... I have not seen some of them post before on Fulton's threads .. the real Fulton fans know that this game will be a dogfight just like the Catholic games were ... DL is better than Catholic in some areas ..OL looks stronger for Lipscomb ... Lipscomb does not have a Harrison Smith but they do have players who can make plays ..here again Lipscomb wants to grind out 4 and 5 yards at a crack and eat clock ... you cant score if you dont have the ball ..Falcons will have to put Lipscomb in 3rd and long situations .. but you are still not sure whether DL will pass or not ... I watched the 1st Qtr of DL verse Dyersburg ... and Dyersburg had alot of athletes on the field ... maybe not the total team speed that Fulton has but they had speed at alot of positions and DL was just handing it too them .. Fulton coaches and players know that its gonna be a tough game and are looking forward to it ......

All these people posting that Fulton wins easily, I am questioning whether they are Fans or not .... I have not seen some of them post before on Fulton's threads .. the real Fulton fans know that this game will be a dogfight just like the Catholic games were ... DL is better than Catholic in some areas ..OL looks stronger for Lipscomb ... Lipscomb does not have a Harrison Smith but they do have players who can make plays ..here again Lipscomb wants to grind out 4 and 5 yards at a crack and eat clock ... you cant score if you dont have the ball ..Falcons will have to put Lipscomb in 3rd and long situations .. but you are still not sure whether DL will pass or not ... I watched the 1st Qtr of DL verse Dyersburg ... and Dyersburg had alot of athletes on the field ... maybe not the total team speed that Fulton has but they had speed at alot of positions and DL was just handing it too them .. Fulton coaches and players know that its gonna be a tough game and are looking forward to it ......

I agree and will add a few things...

1.) Lipscomb WILL NOT win this game with the run alone. Although they are a physical bunch, and very disciplined, this falcon defense does not just give away yards on the ground...They haven't in the past 5 years and I don't expect that change this weekend. *PLEASE NOTE* there have been several times in my life that I was completely wrong, but until proven wrong I am correct...It has held true for years now...it is not easy to run the ball on fulton.

2.) Fulton's secondary had EXCELLENT coverage on mason last week, and he still won the battle with size. With that being said, Lipscomb needs a reciever that is at a minimum of 6'4 in height and can also jump. Fulton has a done a great job with covering recievers, but height gives them trouble.(Have not seen the heights of the lipscomb recievers.)

3.) IF(I DONT LIKE USING IF'S) fulton cuts down on the penalties and keeps the turnovers to a minimum, they will win this one by 2 or 3 touchdowns, if not this game could come down to extra points...Remember 2 is better than 1. I'm tired of hearing that not kicking field goals could beat fulton. The thing people forget is that could also win the game for them. 2 out of 3 on two-point conversions=22 points. where 3 of 3 extra point field goals would only be 21.

Too many if's to predict this game, but im going with this:

Fulton cuts done on SOME penalties, but still has problems with them. They give up 2 turnovers, leaving the score

Fulton-22 DL-14