Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

Hey Snap.

Don't know about that comfort zone bud.

Played a tough Wing T team. Check.

The staff makes good adjustments. Check.

Playing for KWalker. Check.

They have athletes. Check.

Balanced Run vs. Pass. ??? Screens. Yes. Stretch the field? No.

Rogan not getting Mr. Football. His teamates may play harder for him because of that. But he will play the same no matter what. He is a tough & classy competitor.

I honestly believe that this game can go either way. DL is very much like Catholic. They are tough, fly to the ball, well coached, physical, hard nosed, etc. Fulton better not go out there thinking that they are playing some privilaged bunch of patsies. They better go out there ready for a knock down, drag out, fight like they had with Catholic twice, and Alcoa once. If they don't, they will get their heads handed to them. The skill players (DB/WR, and especially the RB/LBs are very much like Catholic's. The OL/DL are also simmilar. DL's Gaurds are very good, and as go those Guards, will go that offense.

I just don't feel a 38-17 Final. I feel something more like a 20 to 14 with Fulton going 1/3 on 2 pt PATs. Rmember, if it goes down like that, a 21 to 20 in the other direction is possible. I am telling you, DL can beat Futlon.

Hey ruse? don't think for a second that I don't give credit to DL, they are good and of course I think they have a chance to win. I see the Fulton players practicing and I see a certain intensity/determination I haven't ever seen. They are very focused and determined, and I believe they will play better then they have all year. I don't know how it is over at Lipscomb, but the suspense is building over here and we are ready to bring one home. As far as the passing game, it may not seem like it is well balanced but I believe it's there, just isn't used much, you gotta remember the Catholic game. If you remember, the reason we scored those 18 points so fast is because of the long pass. Our quarterbacks are off sometimes, but our recievers definatly make up for that as they proved a couple of weeks ago. I will stand by my prediction, it will be a good game, but Fulton will have a steady stream of TD's

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people posting that Fulton wins easily, I am questioning whether they are Fans or not .... I have not seen some of them post before on Fulton's threads .. the real Fulton fans know that this game will be a dogfight just like the Catholic games were ... DL is better than Catholic in some areas ..OL looks stronger for Lipscomb ... Lipscomb does not have a Harrison Smith but they do have players who can make plays ..here again Lipscomb wants to grind out 4 and 5 yards at a crack and eat clock ... you cant score if you dont have the ball ..Falcons will have to put Lipscomb in 3rd and long situations .. but you are still not sure whether DL will pass or not ... I watched the 1st Qtr of DL verse Dyersburg ... and Dyersburg had alot of athletes on the field ... maybe not the total team speed that Fulton has but they had speed at alot of positions and DL was just handing it too them .. Fulton coaches and players know that its gonna be a tough game and are looking forward to it ......

Tadvols. Strangers trying to stir the pot. As I said, DL's Guards look tough. Elord gets yards. Davis & Holt get their's too. Fultonfalcon06 is right about covering the taller/bigger receivers. The Rodgers kid is the younger brother of Austin Rodgers of UT (4th/5th WR and starting Punt Returner until hurt). He goes about 6-2 170. Fast. Can't tell if he can get up like Smith, but better be safe than sorry, and assume that he can.

Hey ruse? don't think for a second that I don't give credit to DL, they are good and of course I think they have a chance to win. I see the Fulton players practicing and I see a certain intensity/determination I haven't ever seen. They are very focused and determined, and I believe they will play better then they have all year. I don't know how it is over at Lipscomb, but the suspense is building over here and we are ready to bring one home. As far as the passing game, it may not seem like it is well balanced but I believe it's there, just isn't used much, you gotta remember the Catholic game. If you remember, the reason we scored those 18 points so fast is because of the long pass. Our quarterbacks are off sometimes, but our recievers definatly make up for that as they proved a couple of weeks ago. I will stand by my prediction, it will be a good game, but Fulton will have a steady stream of TD's

Snap,

I know you and the vast majority of the Falcon family respect DL, and like Tadvols wrote, there are imposters out there. I am glad to hear that the suspense is building on Broadway. You are right, Stinson, and Blair for that matter can throw a pretty ball. I saw Fulton 3 times this year (Catholic twice, and Alcoa), and they did complete some deep balls against Catholic in game #1 to Humphrey down one sideline, and Mathis down the middle. The second game, the Freeney factor was in play (punt return & one great catch for a TD) but the passes were not that long, and I think Rogan had a short TD run. @ Alcoa, I think both Freeney and rogan had screen passes that went pretty far. I think Rogan scored on one right before the 1/2 that was sort of like those two @ PC last week. I am just a realist, and I really don't see a steady stream of TDs by either team.

Snap,

I know you and the vast majority of the Falcon family respect DL, and like Tadvols wrote, there are imposters out there. I am glad to hear that the suspense is building on Broadway. You are right, Stinson, and Blair for that matter can throw a pretty ball. I saw Fulton 3 times this year (Catholic twice, and Alcoa), and they did complete some deep balls against Catholic in game #1 to Humphrey down one sideline, and Mathis down the middle. The second game, the Freeney factor was in play (punt return & one great catch for a TD) but the passes were not that long, and I think Rogan had a short TD run. @ Alcoa, I think both Freeney and rogan had screen passes that went pretty far. I think Rogan scored on one right before the 1/2 that was sort of like those two @ PC last week. I am just a realist, and I really don't see a steady stream of TDs by either team.

Did you go to the PC game or just tune in and listen to rmayes on wkcs 91.1 fm? Those guys seem like they have been doing a great job with the broadcast the last few years...I wish it reached out further so people could hear in different counties...

Edited by fultonfalcon2006

Did you go to the PC game or just tune in and listen to rmayes on wkcs 91.1 fm? Those guys seem like they have been a great job with the broadcast the last few years...I wish it reached out further so people could hear in different counties...

Went to the game, and I wish they would reach further. Better than listening to 99.1 Sports Animal and the Home of Catholic Football every Friday night. Did they buy the radio station when they bought half of West Knoxville down on Cedar Bluff???

Went to the game, and I wish they would reach further. Better than listening to 99.1 Sports Animal and the Home of Catholic Football every Friday night. Did they buy the radio station when they bought half of West Knoxville down on Cedar Bluff???

Lol im not sure. Pretty good question though...

what happened to all the lipscomb people?