district 4 AAA

ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coach of the year for what? finally getting the right combination of guys after 98% of the season has gone by?

Dodgen deserved it. i believe Farragut was picked to be 5th or worse in the district. and he took them to an almost undefeated district record. even for PrepXtra coach of the year Dodgen should be up there. no one was expecting Farragut to have the record they do. not even close.

Wilson u lost by 14 we lost by 8. and we beat you twice. and we've beat Maryville twice. and we are/were ranked in state. good call on that one though. 2nd is still better than 3rd.

Yeh you are right. Besides I am a Farragut fan. I still think they will go to at least the substate. Dodgen is the man. One of the best coaches of all time Just that Eldridge I think saved his best for last (Reynolds) and that fooled everyone including Dodgen.

Farragut has no weakness. Its difficult to beat a team three times in one season. Maryville with Reynolds is a totally different team.

well for one why are you so sure the 'bhs' means bearden and the 'dog' is for bulldogs. I actually have been posting on the wrong thread i was looking for the D-2 thread. but from what ive read bearden is a historically better team and will dominate in the region tournament. i think i might drive to knoxville for the game, seeing as i dont go to or live near bearden so ill need directions.

like i said i may or may not even go to bearden, cause i go to some private school yall have never heard of and i dont know any wilson. but i havent heard or said anything anything about football. From what i have read this bearden school has lost 7 straight to fhs. but they had some darn good games over the years, they seemed like they be fun if i attended one of those fine institutions....because i go to that private school.

Just want to add a note about the Farragut William Blount game; William Blount played like a bunch of thugs. I thought that it couldn't get any worse than Clinton, but it did. The submarine in the third quarter by a William Blount player to a Farragut player was about the dirtiest play I've seen in a while. Also, the refs did a horrible job officiating the game. You knew that you were in for a bad game when the ref can't throw the tip up right. It took him 3 times to do it.

WB as a team is not so bad (dirty) but the one player that undercut the Farragut kid has a history of playing dirty. This is not his first time he has tried to take a player out on a driving layup with an undercutn. He did the same to Tyler Maples during their last meeting and I was told he had done it earlier in the year. In the Maples event the WB coach dismissed it as a hustle play... :thumb: but obviously he was trying to take him out. Too bad the refs didn't toss him. It would have been justified IMO. This is the most dangerous and dirtiest ploy in basketball IYAM.

Farragut got few calls again. but thats not what killed Farragut. Farragut was up 10 in the first half. then in the 4th quarter when Maryville pulled away Farragut couldnt hit a shot for the first 4 minutes. Farragut relied way to much on the three and it was working early but not late. there were alot of picky fouls called of Farragut but not Maryville but Farragut's poor shooting in the the 4th is what did them in.

Nice whine on the refs.....Maryville didn't get the picky calls?...... :thumb: Not sure what game you were at and I'm sure you had your farragut colored glasses on but neither team was able to escape the ineptness of that group of refs. I thought they were going to foul both teams out. Maryville had a run early in the third where three fouls in a row were missed, all against Maryville. Then I witnessed a couple of "make-up" calls against Farragut. Seriously inconsistent from the refs.....but in all honesty that is how it has been most of the year.

This small older fellow from Jefferson County needs to retire from the whistle. I hear from a few other refs that he is considered the "gem" of the region by the head ref but from what I have witnesses his judgement is poor at best. Let me validate that statement by saying that he is poor for both teams....

Maybe he just struggles when he is at Maryville, and that's all I can speak to, but he has really struggled in the games I have witnessed him in the last couple of years.

A question to the Farragut fans......What's up with the parent/fan of Farragut that harrassed Basile all night from the stands? To go after a highschool senior as he did is rather classless IMO. Yes.....Basile is emotional and can be an easy target but going after a HS kid because he plays hard and with emotion is a little overboard for a parent.

Edited by MLREB

bball he was talking to me. im not upset Wilson im just tired of you and other Bearden people running your mouths when u cant back it up. football is even worse. yall still think your better even though the seniors at Bearden failed to beat Farragut. all they do is run their mouths and talk trash. oh well.

Can't back it up? Let me know the last time that Farragut went to the State Tournament....actually when is the last time that Farragut went to the sub-state....that's right they haven't in the last 20 years.

I'm tired of everyone complaining about calls. Both teams got bad calls. There were no calls that changed the game for either team. Maryville got some bad calls and Farragut got bad calls. Bottom line is Farragut missed a bunch of free throws and started throwing up 3's with 6 minutesleft when they were down 1. Refs did not change the game. Although, one of the officials does need to know what a charge is because he missed it about 3 times, twice on Farragut and once on Maryville.

I'm tired of everyone complaining about calls. Both teams got bad calls. There were no calls that changed the game for either team. Maryville got some bad calls and Farragut got bad calls. Bottom line is Farragut missed a bunch of free throws and started throwing up 3's with 6 minutesleft when they were down 1. Refs did not change the game. Although, one of the officials does need to know what a charge is because he missed it about 3 times, twice on Farragut and once on Maryville.

Agree completely....

bball he was talking to me. im not upset Wilson im just tired of you and other Bearden people running your mouths when u cant back it up. football is even worse. yall still think your better even though the seniors at Bearden failed to beat Farragut. all they do is run their mouths and talk trash. oh well.

Seriously, what do you think your are doing?? Farragut is having a good sports year and you continue to downgrade Bearden. Does anyone from Bearden have a soccer state champ logo on their thread? I think it's great your support your school and your are a fan. If someone from Bearden runs their mouth, just do not stoop to their level. Believe me, there were plenty of Farragut fans running thier mouths on the football thread including you. I was guilty also. I am finished. Good luck to you and the Admirals.