district 4 AAA

ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one and two are a lock with Maryville having a slight edge over Farragut because Eldridge is alot better coach than Dodgen. As for the rest of the league...It is pretty much wide open. I think South Doyle, Bearden, William Blount, Sevier County, and Lenoir City will have some really competitive games and Heritage depending on how well they shoot the 3 could also knock off any of the teams not named Maryville or Farragut. It should be a wild year with 3-7 wide open.

i dont guess district 4 has a big following on here for basketball. of course the Maryville people could still be on the football boards.

In the early going, Maryville, Farragut and Bearden all appear to be playing well. Maryville will have their football players back soon and will be very tough.

The other teams all have potential. Lenior City is young and will be up and down (they played Science Hill to a very close game but lost to CAK). On a given night, they could probably play with most teams in the district. They are well coached and will be very good the next few years. Sevier County has started strong and plays Pigeon Forge later this week. That game will be their toughest challenge to date. Wiliam Blount and Heritage will be rebuilding this year. South Doyle could be a good team or in the bottom half. They had a good tournament showing over Thanksgiving in the Chop House beating Kingsport DB and finishing second.

I will be interestng to see if any of the 4AAA teams will match-up well with Oak Ridge and Halls in 3AAA.

Maryville is the early favorite. Farragut will be second because they have good players that come off the bench. Bearden will be 3rd.

Maryville and Farragut play Tuesday night, but Maryville will be without their football players. Later in the year, I think that this game will be a good one. Maryville's size and Eldridge coaching them against Farragut's decent size and depth. When it comes to region play though, I don't see Maryville, Farragut, or perhaps Bearden(if they come in first or second in the district) beating Oak Ridge.

How can you say Bearden is a lock for 3rd? They have wins over Unaka, Morristown East and Red Bank. That wouldn't exactly be a strong trio of victories. They lost to Greeneville, and a weaker that usual Shelbyville team. I honestly could see Bearden finishing as low as 6th in this league. South Doyle, Sevier, William Blount, and Lenoir City are all capable of beating them.

Maryville is the early favorite. Farragut will be second because they have good players that come off the bench. Bearden will be 3rd.

Maryville and Farragut play Tuesday night, but Maryville will be without their football players. Later in the year, I think that this game will be a good one. Maryville's size and Eldridge coaching them against Farragut's decent size and depth. When it comes to region play though, I don't see Maryville, Farragut, or perhaps Bearden(if they come in first or second in the district) beating Oak Ridge.

how many players and who will Maryville be missing? and are they a huge factor if they are there or not? i'll be at the game and i'll want to know if we win if its because they dont have the football players. Farragut seems to be playing very well right now. the first few games they started the games slow but then picked it up in the 2nd half. the first game when Farragut played clinton i think Farragut had like 25-30 points in the first half then in the 3rd quarter they scored 30. and from what i read in the paper sunday Farragut can light it up from outside. they shot somethin like 76% (13-17) from three against South Doyle. and against Clinton they had 8-10 i believe. i dont know much about the other games Farragut has played. i hear Bearden will be good but i doubt they will go to state like last year. i think it will be Farragut, Maryville, William Blount, then its a toss up after that. LC can catch some people by surprise.( like they did Farragut last year) but i'll go with Bearden 4th and South Doyle 5th.

you can listen to all of Farragut's games online HERE or if ur in the area u can listen on the radio at 105.3 WFIV. i wish the Farragut boys schedule was up on here.. just go by the girls one if u need to.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

how many players and who will Maryville be missing? and are they a huge factor if they are there or not? i'll be at the game and i'll want to know if we win if its because they dont have the football players. Farragut seems to be playing very well right now. the first few games they started the games slow but then picked it up in the 2nd half. the first game when Farragut played clinton i think Farragut had like 25-30 points in the first half then in the 3rd quarter they scored 30. and from what i read in the paper sunday Farragut can light it up from outside. they shot somethin like 76% (13-17) from three against South Doyle. and against Clinton they had 8-10 i believe. i dont know much about the other games Farragut has played. i hear Bearden will be good but i doubt they will go to state like last year. i think it will be Farragut, Maryville, William Blount, then its a toss up after that. LC can catch some people by surprise.( like they did Farragut last year) but i'll go with Bearden 4th and South Doyle 5th.

you can listen to all of Farragut's games online HERE or if ur in the area u can listen on the radio at 105.3 WFIV. i wish the Farragut boys schedule was up on here.. just go by the girls one if u need to.

Maryville will be missing Maples (last year's district tournament MVP) and Douglas (6'6", 255). These two are difference makers. That said, however, the game should still be a very good game.

So, has Oak Ridge been crowned the champion over in District 3AAA already?

So, has Oak Ridge been crowned the champion over in District 3AAA already?

Be hard not to consider them as front runners. They played one of the top teams in GA to a 2 point game and have won most others handily. They have size that none of the others in 3-AAA have along with speed and athleticism that are unmatched in the district. Powell and Halls may be pretty evenly matched for second however.

Tip my hat Mocs30, the Panthers seem to be playing well but don't see that they would match up very well vs. OR.