Greenfield beats Westview 55-45

Greenfieldfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll take Gleason when it counts.

Greenfield has an excellent team and evidently South Fulton does also..As far as taking Gleason when it counts..over the years they've been a good team to take when it counts but the times may be changing ..toward Greenfield and maybe South Fulton..Ive seen two of the best Gleason teams get knocked out of the tournament by Lake Co ..when it counts..once as early as last year while Greenfield was in the Boro..And Gleason did'n't just blow a young Falcon team ,with two juniors and two sophomores starting,last night..just winning by 6 points..But..it's not tournament time yet and Gleason just may still be the team to beat..but maybe not!

Greenfield has an excellent team and evidently South Fulton does also..As far as taking Gleason when it counts..over the years they've been a good team to take when it counts but the times may be changing ..toward Greenfield and maybe South Fulton..Ive seen two of the best Gleason teams get knocked out of the tournament by Lake Co ..when it counts..once as early as last year while Greenfield was in the Boro..And Gleason did'n't just blow a young Falcon team ,with two juniors and two sophomores starting,last night..just winning by 6 points..But..it's not tournament time yet and Gleason just may still be the team to beat..but maybe not!

Coach Fraizer always gets Gleason ready to play. Curt Lee, coming back from a 2 game suspension, will have his team ready as well. Looks like a good matchup Friday. I am still going to go with the "Underdog" South Fulton Devilettes! Its anyone's ballgame!

I believe it will be a close game..Hudson and Auvenshine are going to have to have more girls step up..Hopefully South Fulton ,coming off a big win over a quality team will keep it going.

I hope it's a close game. As I said in an earlier post, I miss South Fulton's athletic days when they were good in girls basketball, guys basketball, & football. I've always enjoyed watching them. Candace Green, who's been out with a back injury, played her first game back Tuesday night against Lake Co. Maybe she'll come out ready to play tomorrow night because as you said, Hudson & Auvenshine are going to need some help!

The problem with Gleason is that they are young. Hudson and Avenshine are the only 2 players that will shoot the ball. The 3 freshman are going to have to shoot the ball or teams will "wise up" and double team Hudson and Avenshine. So far that has not happened, but it will. Last year teams could not double team Hudson because the other 4 players on the floor could/would shoot the ball.

No one should be too alarmed yet, who better to bring young players along and get them ready for tourament time, than Coach Frazier. He is the best!

Having Green back will help, but she has not practiced in awhile and is out of shape.

DEDICATED TO THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!!!!!