Who's next at LaVergne?

purple75gold

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is a wing t coach my wife can go play wr for them

I mean all she has to do is leave the huddle split out watch the running play and go back to the huddle and do it again

sure doesn't seem like an offense a good wr would like to be in :lol:

taking his assistants with him is huge and its really hard to pull that off. I have friend that is very good friends with hester and he said he is extremely smart.

I don't beleive they would have done near as well the last 2 yrs without him and the offense he brought in

who will be there new coach ? let the rumors begin :)

I'm no WIng-T coach or Wing-T lover, but the SE position in the Wing gets the majority of balls thrown. Lou Holtz once said "If they are better than you, then you better get off the bus throwing the ball". LaVergne doesn't outmatch anyone athletically to the point that they can run the ball 97% of the snaps (ie. Riverdale). The WIng and its companion formations of double slot and trips lends itself to a passing attack if nec....

sam in an ironic twist had just received tssaa clearance the day he quit

I agree any big time player that transfers would need to move into the other schools zone and once they do that they are instantly eligible.

there are lots of nice homes in smyrna :)

I wont lie it would it would hurt if he left but if that what he wants to do then so be it. Im sure you would agree with me in saying if someone didnt want to be at Smyrna then you probably dont want them there. Your right the houses in Smyrna are nice.

Carson is a good choice for that job. He's still fairly young, and he's learned a lot from some good coaches like Shadowens, Robins, and he cut his teeth so to speak with Scott Smith back in the day. He would be a great hire.

I wonder how soon the "Chris Gray to Smyrna" rumors start if they announce this "Wing-T Guru" as their head coach. I'd have my special transfer papers out if I was that kid.

Wonder if HSsportsfootball has any comments on this :) ???

Sorry but there was no "back in the day" cutting of the teeth with Scott Smith. Your right though it would be a great hire.

It would be interesting if Coach Collins goes for it. Good Coach with head coach experience and until recently he had Smyrna's number at shutting their offense down.

Since when did his defense not Smyrna down?

A couple of weeks ago comes to mind. Not the defenses fault though that R'dale is out. It was just one of those games where we did not score enough.

2P your idea may not be that far off. I have heard your favorite R'dale coach is considering it. Don't know how good the info is as the source has been know to say things like that just to mess with me. :thumb:

If it is a wing t coach my wife can go play wr for them

I mean all she has to do is leave the huddle split out watch the running play and go back to the huddle and do it again

sure doesn't seem like an offense a good wr would like to be in :thumb:

taking his assistants with him is huge and its really hard to pull that off. I have friend that is very good friends with hester and he said he is extremely smart.

I don't beleive they would have done near as well the last 2 yrs without him and the offense he brought in

who will be there new coach ? let the rumors begin :D

I thought Hester would take over when Thomas left. That is Lavergne's fault for letting him go. They should have made him an offer that he couldn't refuse.