Elizabethton's 2007 schedule

rvd

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton will play Happy Valley, but they won't play Unaka... What a joke. :lol:

Sorry Book but it makes no sense to play A schools. It is a lose-lose situation. If you win, you should have because it is a much smaller school. If you lose, well.......you just got beat by an A school. I see your problem with that clearly because I played at a class A school. But, it just isn't in the cards. Maybe the Rangers can beat Betsy on the baseball field where they are matched up in a tournament??

HV is a long standing on again-off again rivalry but I do disagree with dropping Greeneville to pick them up, if that's the case. It's 'closed house' down there with football, especially with me??, so I really don't know anything else. I did hate to see Coach Cal leave but the upcoming QBs will pay the price for that. The guy really knew his stuff and was a great teacher of that position and others on offense. Probably should have had the O coordinator job.

On top of everything, I would strongly suggest Betsy move to AAA where they belong. With some phone calls and footwork, a conference could probalby be put together so the travel wouldn't be sooo bad. ?

I have to agree with GLee. Why in the world would Elizabethton, Greeneville, Sullivan North, Unicoi Co., and probably two more not move down to 3A ball to compete. They have enough to move into their won region. Yes they might have to travel one or two games, but only a couple of times every other year. I was hoping to see my nephew play in a couple of years, and hoping one of the Knoxville teams would play them in a non-region game, or even the playoffs. As long as they are in 4A it aint gonna happen. Even at the helm of Elizabethton football in the 90's they would match up with some of the Knoxville teams in the playoffs. Right now they are lucky to even make the playoffs. If they were in 3A they would be a pretty safe bet. At least until the Playoffs started. It is much better to be 8-2 or 7-3 and get beat the first round of the playoffs than to be 3-7, 4-6, or 5-5. I know they made the playoffs last year with a 5-5 record. Imagine how many kids would come out to play football if they knew they could win 7 or 8 ballgames a year. Just like I argued in the Greeneville thread. Why would you elect to play up against teams with 500 to 1000 more kids than you. Those teams will look down on you and always will until you beat them consistently. In that case why does Carson-Newman and UT play( just being silly) it is a similar situation. Sure it would take all the 3A population status teams in upper East TN to go in together to make it work, but how much better would it be. Much better. That is if you want to win.

Sorry Book but it makes no sense to play A schools. It is a lose-lose situation. If you win, you should have because it is a much smaller school. If you lose, well.......you just got beat by an A school. I see your problem with that clearly because I played at a class A school. But, it just isn't in the cards. Maybe the Rangers can beat Betsy on the baseball field where they are matched up in a tournament??

HV is a long standing on again-off again rivalry but I do disagree with dropping Greeneville to pick them up, if that's the case. It's 'closed house' down there with football, especially with me??, so I really don't know anything else. I did hate to see Coach Cal leave but the upcoming QBs will pay the price for that. The guy really knew his stuff and was a great teacher of that position and others on offense. Probably should have had the O coordinator job.

On top of everything, I would strongly suggest Betsy move to AAA where they belong. With some phone calls and footwork, a conference could probalby be put together so the travel wouldn't be sooo bad. ?

If thas the case SH and DB are stupid, cuz they waste their time with u guys.

JUST HEARD THEY NAMED WAGNER AS DEFENSIVE CO. WHAT A JOKE :o NO CHANGES ARE COMING SO YOU BETTER GET USED TO IT.ALSO HEARD PLESS SAID NEXT YEAR WOULD BE BETTER CAUSE HE WAS GETTING RID OF PROBLEM KIDS AND PARENTS :blink: REALLY HATE THIS FOR A FEW GREAT KIDS COMING BACK,BETTER CONCENTRATE ON KEEPING YOUR PLAYERS AT EHS RATHER THAN BASHING THE ONES THAT ARE DONE.I LOOK FOR IT TO KEEP GOING SOUTH.