Talk about the Tallest Girls

WestRun.com

I love Tennessee girls high school basketball. Let's talk about the tall girls in Tennessee high school basketball.

Who are some of the tallest that you know about or watch?

What is their height?

How many points do they average?

How many rebounds do they average?

How many blocked shots do they usually have a game?

Can they dunk?

I'll start us off. I work with the Knoxville Webb girls team doing their stats.

Webb Junior Glory Johnson is 6'3", averages 20 points, 10 rebounds and usually 3 blocks per game. I have seen her dunk a basketball twice in practice. She took a running start and slammed it with one hand. Glory gets alot of steals playing out front on defense sometimes. You have to remember that Glory is one of the fastest girls in the state in track & field and is also one of the best long jumpers. This type of athleticism does not hurt in combination with 6'3" height.

Webb Sophomore Faith Dupree is also 6'3". She is averaging 15 points, 5 rebounds and 1 blocked shot per game. I have not seen Faith dunk or know if she can, but she has great touch on her shots and is accurate from 15'. Faith transferred this school year to Webb from Anderson County High School with her older sister senior Emily Dupree, only 5'11".

Important Note: In no way am I saying that these 2 girls are the best in the state. I work with their team, so I thought I would let you all know. I have watched many other tall girls playing this year, Alex Jarrell, the Cleveland girls, Hollifield at Powell, Victoria Dunlap.

Add to the list:

Ferris at Smith County High School. She is a freshman at 6'8. I read in one game she had 38 points. I saw her play last night and was very impressed. The only reason she didn't score much last night, was because of the next name on the list. Ferris has a great future ahead of her. She is tall, quick, and very disciplined on the court!

Edgar at White House High School. She is a senior at 6'3. I have watched her play over the years, and she one of the strongest defensive players I've seen. Edgar is tall, quick and very agile. She also has good ball handling skills for a girl her size. She had 17 points last night against Ferris. It was experience over size in that game. Both girls are vital assets to their teams.

Edited by becera

SARENA SNOW CLARKRANGE SHE IS A 6'2" OR 6'3" SOPHOMORE POST PLAYER THAT CONTINUES TO WORK ON HER GAME AND WILL BE AN OUTSTANDING PLAYER AS SHE MATURES. B) TASHA PHILLIPS A 6' OR 6'1" POST PLAYER AT CLARKRANGE THAT IS REALLY AN OUTSTANDING BALL PLAYER, AND ALOT OF FUN TO WATCH ON THE COURT. :thumb: KARISSA DYER 6'3" FRESHMAN POST PLAYER FOR UPPERMAN SHE IS DOING REAL GOOD AVERAGING 16-20 POINTS A GAME :)

Edited by B-BALL WATCHER