Last AAA Eurosport rankings and Hendersonville

mjuhb

2006 FINAL RANKINGS

2006 Lady Commando Soccer ranked no. 2 in girls AAA season ending ranking and no. 4 in Redmond Tennessee All schools.

In the year end ranking of high school soccer in Tennessee, the 2006 Lady Commando soccer continue to command the respect they so deserve. The team surpassed the state's AAA runner up and the other semi-finalist, to finish the season as the state's no. 2 team. Additionally, in the Redmond Tenn top 11 (all schools) ranking, Hendersonville finished the season as No. 4 in the state, surpassing all the divisions runners-up. A small vindication for a season to remember.

http://www.hendersonvillesoccer.com/

i find that comment in bad taste and very disrespectful to the other teams in AAA including collierville and siegel

you command respect by what you do on the field not by how good your eurosport buddies think you are

i find that comment in bad taste and very disrespectful to the other teams in AAA including collierville and siegel

you command respect by what you do on the field not by how good your eurosport buddies think you are

mjuhb, I will second that. Doesn't seem to match my definition either.

re·spect n

1. an individual characteristic or point

2. a feeling or attitude of admiration and deference toward somebody or something

3. the state of being admired deferentially

4. consideration or thoughtfulness

npl re·spects

polite greetings offered to somebody

vt

1. to feel or show admiration and deference toward somebody or something

2. to pay due attention to and refrain from violating something

3. to show consideration or thoughtfulness in relation to somebody or something

Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

I found it rather amusing that Eurosport could even consider ranking Hendersonville over Collierville. In a sense, it's not surprising as Collierville isn't typically given the respect it deserves even though it's been to the state title game two years straight. The ranking lessens the credibility of the system. Apparently, someone at Hendersonville is still trying to cope with reality and the fact they didn't get done on the field.

Just a little fluff for the website. Farragut could always put up " Beat Bearden 3 times". If I was Collierville I would definitely have '05 State Champ, '06 State Finalist. Bearden still dusted off a spot in the case and put something in their with the boys trophies.

Does it really matter. Whatever makes them feel better. It kinda makes me laugh, but again it is just fluff.

As someone said earlier it was all finished on the field. All I remember is who won and who was in the final. In a few more months I will have to look up who finished as a finalist.

These rankings don't mean a thing anymore and will mean less as soon as next year starts. When are those preseason rankings coming out anyway MJ? I am lobbying for Farragut early.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

My thoughts on this, for what it's worth.

I agree with Sports24 that the Hendersonville web site was practicing "spin", which we see everywhere today. A frequent example is the old we beat x who beat y who beat z who was the State/Region/National champions. That makes us better than the National champs! What the Hendersonville web site does is slightly different, but it's along the same lines.

I think 90% of soccer parents engage in this spin. I personally don't care for it, even though I occaisionally do it, because the results on the field speak definitively for themselves...and that's all that truly matters.

Having said the above, Hendersonville has a proud, successful soccer history (and a good web site, I might add!) and would be better served letting their results speak for themselves. I'm sure they'll be back up there in the coming seasons, competing for both boys and girls championships.

My thoughts on this, for what it's worth.

I agree with Sports24 that the Hendersonville web site was practicing "spin", which we see everywhere today. A frequent example is the old we beat x who beat y who beat z who was the State/Region/National champions. That makes us better than the National champs! What the Hendersonville web site does is slightly different, but it's along the same lines.

I think 90% of soccer parents engage in this spin. I personally don't care for it, even though I occaisionally do it, because the results on the field speak definitively for themselves...and that's all that truly matters.

Having said the above, Hendersonville has a proud, successful soccer history (and a good web site, I might add!) and would be better served letting their results speak for themselves. I'm sure they'll be back up there in the coming seasons, competing for both boys and girls championships.

The US national team tied Italy, which makes us co-world cup champs, right?

;)